Hi!

How do you add a phone number from the Phone Log (In-comming or dialed phone #) to an existing contact?? The only option "Add to Contact" when selected opens a New Contact entry screen.
    06-23-09 09:01 AM
    Copy the phone number > address book > find name > menu > edit > add number > menu > save
    06-23-09 09:02 AM
    Yep, you have to cut and paste to an existing contact.
    06-23-09 09:06 AM
    Copy the phone number > address book > find name > menu > edit > add number > menu > save
    Thanks!! duh.. didn't think of it doing that way..
    06-23-09 09:09 AM
    Am I the only one who thinks that's stupid. Its ironic because just yesterday, I wanted to do what you're trying Metal...and I knew that you could C&P into an existing contact, but why not just have the feature of "Add to existing contact" Into the menu?

I think this was being discussed in another thread, but I mean these are the small things that you would want the BB dev team to think about. It can't be THAT difficult to write that code. I know MSN Messenger has the option of "Link to Contact" or something like that for emails...what a gem that is.

C'mon RIM...lets get these simple things on the next build PLEASE! =) Thanks.
    06-23-09 10:00 AM
    There's a 3rd party program called "add to contact" which allows that. I'm yet to try the app though. Will download it later and give it a go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 06:32 AM
    There's a 3rd party program called "add to contact" which allows that. I'm yet to try the app though. Will download it later and give it a go.

Let us know ... I agree its a pia to add a number to an existing contact when you have it as an incoming call.... something sooo simple, yet annoying
    06-24-09 11:05 AM
    as promised i'm back with the result of this 2.99 program. it's a 36kb program and gives an extra menu option to "add to existing contact". whether or not it's worth it is completely up to you guys. as i said before the name of the program is "add to contact" and there's a free trial available as well. hope this helps :-)
    06-25-09 07:59 AM
    No point paying for something that should be part of the OS! The Bold is fantastic but why omit such a basic and popular feature?

06-25-09 08:59 AM
    Yeah that really should be part of the OS...I really wouldn't pay for the program even though its 2.99 only just because it should be part of the OS. Copy and paste is a hassle for my lazy ***...LOL

06-25-09 09:04 AM
    like i said before, whether or not it's worth it is completely up to you guys. either take the solution or stop whingeing that it's too hard to copy and paste. personally i want this feature and i want a solution to the problem so i will be keeping this app.
    06-25-09 09:16 AM
    Add To Contact - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

here is the solution guys it works like charm on my bold
    06-25-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD