Given that CB will finally get their mitts on a Bold 9650 i thought a thread of what outstanding questions need answers/resolution..

So here is my 2c

1. What processor and clock speed and how does the unit operate in terms of speed of operation Vs Tour

2. Keyboard: Early review units were stated to have same feel as Tour, which in subjective comparison was not as good as 9700.. but the RIM exec stated in the video "same keyboard as 9700"

3. Exactly what data protocols/speeds are covered with GSM?..
    04-27-10 08:39 AM
    I just want your question 1 answered.
    04-27-10 09:25 AM
    1. What processor and clock speed and how does the unit operate in terms of speed of operation Vs Tour
    There's already been a ton of discussion about this.

Here's a good article summarizing:

WES 2010: Talking BlackBerry Chipsets and Processing Power
    The Bold 9000 and the Bold 9700 both have a similar 624Mhz processor. The new Pearl 3G has one too; it�s like they�ve never heard of Moore�s Law. The new 9650 has a 528Mhz chip: making it a pro device with a lower clock speed than a standard device.

Here�s what RIM had to say about it: processor clock speed is just a cog in the wheel of what�s really running your device. Megahertz is something relative too. A 528Mhz Qualcomm chip can out-crunch another manufacturer�s higher clock speed chip. Computational power is different than raw clock speed, just as AMD chips on the PC side run faster, yet can process less per-Mhz than their lower-clocked Intel counterparts.

What really runs your BlackBerry, at it�s core, is a working combination of chipset, memory, and OS. That�s why your BlackBerry runs faster with an OS update. That�s also why your device runs smoother with fewer applications installed and running, and better with every new model despite what numbers are written on the processor.
    04-27-10 09:44 AM
    ^Thanks for that. I wouldn't say there has been a "ton" of discussion about this, but I didn't see the thread you linked. And it looks like most of the discussion started yesterday, when as far as I know, the processor was not confirmed until this week at WES.

Myself and others have been wondering about the processor for weeks.
    04-27-10 10:00 AM
    call it months and you have a deal...lol

^Thanks for that. I wouldn't say there has been a "ton" of discussion about this, but I didn't see the thread you linked. And it looks like most of the discussion started yesterday, when as far as I know, the processor was not confirmed until this week at WES.

Myself and others have been wondering about the processor for weeks.
    04-27-10 10:51 AM
    Did VZW cripple the GPS?
    04-27-10 09:25 PM
    Battery life?
    04-27-10 09:35 PM
    Did VZW cripple the GPS?
    they havent been doing that for a while
    04-27-10 09:40 PM
    There's already been a ton of discussion about this. Here's a good article summarizing:

WES 2010: Talking BlackBerry Chipsets and Processing Power
    Good info... makes sense.
    04-27-10 10:20 PM
    1. Does it come in white?

2. Can we order a faux leather battery door?

3. Can we get the convience keys a rubber grippy replacement

4. Does it make waffles?

i think thats it for 3/4 of this board.
    04-27-10 11:55 PM
    1. Does it come in white?

2. Can we order a faux leather battery door?

3. Can we get the convience keys a rubber grippy replacement

4. Does it make waffles?

i think thats it for 3/4 of this board.
    Lol, in other words, if it looks like a pig, sounds like a pig and acts like a pig, then...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD