okay gang having a problem getting my contacts back on the 9900[BOX][/BOX]
    did a wipe and now there's a update which blackberry desktop will not update. and I can only get five contacts to load.
    even though there's over 140 in my hotmail account.
    thanks
    01-13-15 07:08 PM
    Can you update OTA? Maybe dm will restore them then.
    01-13-15 07:32 PM
    Assuming that when you were setting the e-mail account you selected to sync contacts. Now go to(open): Contacts/Options/Contact List and there select the e-mail account and under Properties just make sure that the Wireless Synchronization is market.....reboot and you should be good to go.

Sent via Bold
    01-13-15 07:39 PM
    well did that still nothing wonder if this is what people on bos7 when trying to use bb10 loading things
    when I first got the phone no problem
    01-13-15 08:06 PM
    "I tried with the sim card out no luck"

Need to have SIM card in place, that way 9900 connects to your carrier and BIS. Sure, you can surf web on WiFi only, but to synch contacts you need to have the SIM card inserted.

"any ideas on getting contacts to load"

Setup\Email Accounts\Internet Mail Account or Enterprise Account\Select account\Edit\Synchonization Options\Select Contacts\Save

Forgive me, but on power-up. did you sign in with a valid Blackberry ID?
    01-14-15 01:32 PM
    "I tried with the sim card out no luck"

Need to have SIM card in place, that way 9900 connects to your carrier and BIS. Sure, you can surf web on WiFi only, but to synch contacts you need to have the SIM card inserted.

"any ideas on getting contacts to load"

Setup\Email Accounts\Internet Mail Account or Enterprise Account\Select account\Edit\Synchonization Options\Select Contacts\Save

Forgive me, but on power-up. did you sign in with a valid Blackberry ID?
    yes.. I have a valid BB ID there was no problem when I first got the phone. put the sim and everything load find.
    01-14-15 05:59 PM
    just deleted the e mail account and put it back on now it only picks up 5 contacts out of 140
    01-14-15 06:17 PM
    In Contacts, Calendar, Tasks or MemoPad press the Menu key (Blackberry) and choose Options.
    Click a calendar or contacts list. Don't just highlight it, click it.
    Make sure there is a checkmark for Wireless Synchonization. It will also show the number of entries it will synch.
    Save and exit to main screen.
    Might want to reboot but not necessary.
    It will take awhile to synch so go have a cup of coffee.
    Hope this helps.
    I pulled this info from the 9900 User Guide.
    01-15-15 09:44 AM
    01-15-15 04:23 PM
    EP1,

For help visit (not yet resolved) : Google calendar not synching - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Please contact your carrier in order to escalate the issue to Blackberry Support team. Twitting @Blackberryhelp won't help.
    You might reside in Europe, Africa or Middle East so you are normally connected to the NOC node based in the UK instead of the 2 NOC node based in Waterloo - Canada.
    The new KB36534 published on Jan. 05 2015 is an update to comply with the new security authorization rules of Gmail. Unfortunately, BlackBerry seems having a major issue on their NOC Node based in London.

Regards,
    Jeremie
    Last edited by jerybis; 01-19-15 at 05:21 AM.
    01-18-15 05:04 PM