Updated my BBM last night to 6.2.0.56 and when i opened a chat, an Ad appeared at the bottom.

WHAT!?

My experience with BBM just went straight out the door. It's sluggish to type in a chat now, and i can't believe they put ad's in my bbm. This is really upsetting, obviously one of the major reasons i've believed and stayed loyal to RIM and Blackberry is because of how incredibly well BBM functioned.

Really disappointed, i'll definitely be looking to downgrade my BBM, but this might be a good time to also start looking for a new phone.
    10-17-12 09:09 AM
    no ads here on 6.2.056, maybe from your carrier?
    10-17-12 09:17 AM
    Mine doesn't have ads and I find it hard to believe that RIM has added ads to BBM.

1) Are you sure you're using BBM and not Whatsapp or something else?
    2) Show us some screenshots.
    10-17-12 09:18 AM
    No ads here either and i'm on the same version. Perhaps you inadvertently clicked on an ad within a different application and the ad screen was super imposed on bbm.
    I would love to see some screenshots too
    10-17-12 09:26 AM
    you might have a 3rd party app with access to bbm/connected to bbm thats making ads pop up, downloaded anything new recently?
    10-17-12 10:10 AM
    I think you guys are right, i just don't know what. Might have overreacted there, should've thought this through. I ran update all last night, and the major one was BBM for me, that's why i'm a little irked. Maybe it's whatsapp, i think that might've been one of my updates. I'll remove it and see what happens.
    10-17-12 01:01 PM
    So i went a different route, i clicked on the Ad, and it navigated me to some app, but the app was created by SRID. So i followed SRID and noticed i have the "Piano For Kids" app installed on my Blackberry, so i'm guessing that was one of the ones that was updated. I decided to delete and restart, and guess what. No more ads in my BBM. I think it's TERRIBLE that an app would do that to my BBM. Really made my BBM experience awful. Sorry for my accusations, i'm glad i was able to get that out of the way.
    10-17-12 01:14 PM
    after reading your thread i found out that i 2 downloaded piano for kids. once i deleted it i was back to my normal bbm without a stop big add at the bottom. thanks a lot for solving the problem before i got to it.
    03-10-13 05:51 PM
    I've never seen ads in BBM ever. Im running v7.0.1.17
    03-10-13 11:41 PM