umm it says Vodaphone UK
    is that ok? I mean i bought mine from Singapore >_<
    05-21-09 12:01 PM
    You might also want to consider an all-in-one I'm app like Beejive or IM+. Those would replace the need to run MSN, Yahoo and Googletalk separately. I'd imagine running one app over 3 would b easier on the battery.

I don't know if any of the all-in-ones plan to support Skype (which is still in its infancy on BlackBerries). BBM will forever remain its own app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The RIM apps are probably best for battery life, actually. IM+ (which has Skype support now BTW) is pretty good, but Instango raped my battery before I cranked up the keepalive time. All-in-one apps still have to keep every service alive, and RIM knows how to write apps for the BB.
    05-21-09 12:06 PM
    Ive had beejive for a couple years on ALL my BBs. FIRST rate product. absolutely flawless.
    05-21-09 12:57 PM
    umm it says Vodaphone UK
    is that ok? I mean i bought mine from Singapore >_<
    Yes, it's fine. Follow these:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...ocedure-53359/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Ive had beejive for a couple years on ALL my BBs. FIRST rate product. absolutely flawless.
    Agreed. BeeJive is an amazing multi-protocol IM application. It's by far the best out there.

Chris
    05-21-09 11:06 PM
    Oddly enough, my battery just went to pot like overnight... Well maybe. I'm running .266 and my battery has been great for the longest time. I bought a charging pod last week and started using it regularly since then, and ever since then the battery has just blown. As an example, this morning I took my phone off of the pod at 100%... After 45 minutes of light surfing on CB, checking and replying to Emails while having my coffee and letting the thing sit while I took a shower I checked the battery and it was at 60%. That's NOT normal. Probably battery hardware; time to get the 1650 Seidio I suppose.
    05-27-09 11:24 AM
    Oddly enough, my battery just went to pot like overnight... Well maybe. I'm running .266 and my battery has been great for the longest time. I bought a charging pod last week and started using it regularly since then, and ever since then the battery has just blown. As an example, this morning I took my phone off of the pod at 100%... After 45 minutes of light surfing on CB, checking and replying to Emails while having my coffee and letting the thing sit while I took a shower I checked the battery and it was at 60%. That's NOT normal. Probably battery hardware; time to get the 1650 Seidio I suppose.
    Is it the pod connected through USB? Didn;t work well for me. I finally hooked the pod through the wall charger. You also have to make sure it's actually connected since it just kinda sits in the pod.
    05-27-09 11:27 AM
    Is it the pod connected through USB? Didn;t work well for me. I finally hooked the pod through the wall charger. You also have to make sure it's actually connected since it just kinda sits in the pod.
    Pod, cradle... I dunno. It's the one that you plug the USB into the back of the thing and then you set the Bold in it and it uses the charging contacts on the bottom. I'm pretty sure it's on because it get the battery up to 100% when I take it out in the morning. I'm going to try to cycle my battery by letting it flat out die and then give it a full charge and see if that helps at all.

05-27-09 01:16 PM
    Pod, cradle... I dunno. It's the one that you plug the USB into the back of the thing and then you set the Bold in it and it uses the charging contacts on the bottom. I'm pretty sure it's on because it get the battery up to 100% when I take it out in the morning. I'm going to try to cycle my battery by letting it flat out die and then give it a full charge and see if that helps at all.

Couple of things....

It's very bad for Li Ions to totally discharge.
    Try the pod plugged into the wall rather than the computer.
    05-27-09 01:29 PM
    Couple of things....

It's very bad for Li Ions to totally discharge.
    Try the pod plugged into the wall rather than the computer.
    Yeah, it's plugged into my wall by the bed. I use 4 different charging methods, the pod plugged into the wall, the USB port plugged into the wall, the USB port plugged into my comp and the USB port plugged into a car charger. What I use depends of course on where I'm at and what I'm doing. I've never had battery problems until I introduced the pod into the mix. This is getting frustrating and it's obvious to me it's the real deal... The thing just went from 70% to 35% while locked and sitting on my desk... (edit: over a period of maybe an hour and a half) Hmmmm, what to do, what to do.

Last edited by sandos; 05-27-09 at 02:35 PM.
    05-27-09 02:31 PM
    Ok... Just decided on deleting two things that I'm sure drain battery, even though I swear it wasn't this bad before the pod came into the picture. Gone now are:

GPS Tracker
    myFunambol

It's too bad about the myFunambol, having OTA sync with Outlook was awesome, and this program started out working great, but it slowly turned into an abortion... It always had a pretty good memory leak, but then the thing started moving things around on my calendar and moved every birthday I had stored up one day... Oh well, I'll be sure to edit my other post singing it's praises now.

EDIT: Ok, so now things are getting bizarre... Just did my removal, did a BP and I'm booting at 24.8 app memory in .266 (****, I was booting at 30+ when those two were installed). That's it... Time for a wipe. It sounds like my baby needs a fresh start.

MORE EDIT: OK this thing is cursed... After all of this... my battery is at 45% (an improvement from the 30% I started at), WTF is going on here. Wipe, wipe, wipe...!!!
    Last edited by sandos; 05-27-09 at 03:08 PM.
    05-27-09 02:58 PM
    Sounds like you either recently installed a new battery eating app, the battery got trashed by something, or the battery life sensor needs recalibrated. I know how to do it on a palm OS device but not on a blackberry.
    05-27-09 03:02 PM
    the battery life sensor needs recalibrated. I know how to do it on a palm OS device but not on a blackberry.
    Let it run down to 5-10%, but don't drain it completely.
    05-27-09 03:07 PM
    Friends, I purchased a bold 2 months ago in Singapore through official channels and right from day one having battery issues. I am a first time BB user( have been a die hard Nokia one since 1995 or whenever mobiles became popular in this part of the world) and was quite dissapointed that after a full charge in the morning, I will have 30% by 6 PM. This with WIFI and Bluetooth switched on andvery little voice calls. I do use moderate emails and remain logged in to Gtalk, MSN and BB messenger. Tried the usual suspect actions like cleaning the contacts, running the latest OS, full drain etc.. No improvements at all... I want to understand if this is indeed normal and if no any suggestions? I am not asking for much... Just want it to last till i go back to sleep...( around 12 Mid Night) .
    05-28-09 12:51 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD