Hi all;

I'm still using my 9780 daily and am very happy with it.

I am discovering one more advantage to using a sunset device like the 9780. That being, you can really get a screaming deal on some accessories as they are closed out.

I have been able to get really good deals on batteries, cases, and chargers.

The most awesome I think was last week when I found a Trident Aegis Series Case for the bold for $6.00 at Amazon.$6.95 with shipping! This case normally goes for $34.95.

This is amazing. Another reason for me to love my 9780.
    02-19-13 02:23 PM
    Hi all;

I'm still using my 9780 daily and am very happy with it.

I am discovering one more advantage to using a sunset device like the 9780. That being, you can really get a screaming deal on some accessories as they are closed out.

I have been able to get really good deals on batteries, cases, and chargers.

The most awesome I think was last week when I found a Trident Aegis Series Case for the bold for $6.00 at Amazon.$6.95 with shipping! This case normally goes for $34.95.

This is amazing. Another reason for me to love my 9780.
    Awesome! I miss my 9780's battery life. It was a beast. I'm debating on picking one up for a backup.
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    02-19-13 05:26 PM
    Awesome! I miss my 9780's battery life. It was a beast. I'm debating on picking one up for a backup.
    True enough. I'll eventually move up to a Z10 (maybe a Q10 but probably the Z). I'm familiar with touch screen smartphone battery life. I spent 3 months with an iPhone 4s searching for power outlets during the day. I'm not looking forward to the Z or Q when it comes to battery life, but that's progress... I guess.

I also have a nice Android I use as a backup to my Berry (it's on a totally different provider and platform - My Berry is GSM and the Android is CDMA so I really have two different phone cell tower footprints hoping I have coverage in more areas that way). The Android also has so-so battery life.

The 9780 lasts till the cows come home. Whatever that means. I can usually go 2 days on one charge during nominal use, and an easy full day of heavy use with full charge. And it's a tank.

But again, it's a sunset device. So you should be able to pick one up pretty inexpensively. And I found a Genuine RIM battery for it (brand new) on Amazon for $13 Delivered to my door. Sheesh! Such a deal!
    02-20-13 07:52 AM
    Good point about the accessories and batteries dipping in price. I have yet to switch from the 9780 to the new Z and have been debating the switch. Don't worry, not jumping ship from BB. haha. But having cheaper accessories kind of makes me want to hold on to my current device since it is still going strong.
    03-02-13 10:26 AM