Hello,

Last night I left the phone on charge (turned on) turned on, as I always do.
    And this morning it's not booting anymore.

Not only the alarm didn't ring so I missed my first class (which is already a bad thing), but now I'm stuck 2 weeks far from home with a broken phone.

The red LED turns on, then off, then the light around the trackpad and the 4 buttons around turns on. I can hardly see, sometimes, the "BlackBerry" icon on the screen (even if backlight doesn't turn on). Then the device powers off IMMEDIATELY!

Please help because it's really, really urgent for me to have this fixed.

This already happened a couple of weeks ago, while the phone was connected to my PC, but I got it fixed by playing a bit with the battery and the power button (don't ask me how).
    But I can't make it work again now.

I ordered the phone from eBay so I can't bring it to a Verizon store... (btw, it's a 9930 because the seller gave me this, but I'm using it as a normal GSM phone).

//EDIT
    Please note: I don't see any error. I don't see anything on the screen, and I haven't played with the OS since I installed it (when I received the phone, it contained a MultiLanguage OS, which doesn't include Italian, so I had to find an AllLanguage OS).
    I didn't do anything!
    And Desktop Software says it's not able to connect to the device.

//EDIT2
    Here's a video:
    Last edited by EgoAleSum; 10-18-11 at 04:44 AM.
    10-18-11 03:55 AM
    Your video is set to private mate
    10-18-11 05:07 AM
    Your video is set to private mate
    Sorry, I fixed it
    10-18-11 05:36 AM
    Looks like your battery is fried... try another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 05:53 AM
    Looks like your battery is fried... try another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Apparently it's not the battery...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...art-up-660046/
    10-18-11 05:56 AM
    From what you described, their symptoms aren't exactly the same as yours...perhaps it is a battery issue on your phone...

It's worth a shot testing with another battery - if you can locate a store that has one to test in your phone.
    10-18-11 06:44 AM
    Sorry for replying so late. I've been able to test with a different battery only now.

The new things is that now the device "tries" to turn on. I can see the BlackBerry logo for 2-3 seconds before it shuts down. I can see also the device trying to load everything.
    Still failing, though.

I've been able to test, earlier today, with a different battery, and that didn't solve the issue.
    The battery of the other 9930 I tried on works perfectly in its phone; mine doesn't start, even with this battery.

So, it's not the battery.
    It's the device that's completely f***ed.
    10-23-11 07:38 AM
    better get a new one...
    10-23-11 07:42 AM
    better get a new one...
    yeah, as soon as I find other 650€ (pardon, 649€)... :/
    10-23-11 08:46 AM
    My blackberry bold 9900 doesn't boot completely. so I tried to update the OS to see if that would solve the booting problem, but anytime i keep getting the an error report saying 'an error has occurred while downloading software for your device please check your internet connection'. And nothing is wrong with my internet. Please any suggestion on how to get around it?
    10-26-13 05:22 PM
    My blackberry bold 9900 doesn't boot completely. so I tried to update the OS to see if that would solve the booting problem, but anytime i keep getting the an error report saying 'an error has occurred while downloading software for your device please check your internet connection'. And nothing is wrong with my internet. Please any suggestion on how to get around it?
    Try reloading your OS using Desktop Manager on your computer.
    Plugin your phone using usb cable WITHOUT the battery. Once detected, update your OS. If you reach the "Install Update" part on Desktop Manager, put the battery in BEFORE installing the update.
    11-08-13 11:00 AM
    sounds more hardware related... i had a 9900 that wouldn't load pass the splash screen and it would just reboot itself.

the 9900 would NOT update any other version official or leaked... it would only update with the original OS that the phone came with.

i would recommend try to upload the original OS
    11-11-13 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD