For any AT&T customers...Is there a way to activate VVM for a Bold...by somehow fooling AT&T that you have a Iphone ???
    08-10-09 12:57 PM
    Ha ha idk but I would also be interested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 01:04 PM
    maybe there is a service book that needs to be imported like back when we had to do that hack to get yahoo im working on the curve 8300...
    08-10-09 01:07 PM
    From what i've read and seen, it's a no.

If i'm right though, Visual Voice Mail is the same as YouMail. Good program, allows you to see who left you a msg, play in any order you want, and listen online. However you have to upgrade to a service to get transcripts of the msgs (not really needed though) Only issue i've had with it, is that I found it to have a memory leak, and if i deleted something from my account on my PC, it took forever to sync to my phone.
    08-10-09 01:39 PM
    youmail.com

Since downloading it I love it, and its free. I love the personalization you can add to it. "Hello Joe, Chris is not available right now, please leave a message" for a friend. Or "please do not call this number anymore" and doesnt allow them to leave a message for an ex or a persistant telemarketer.

I am no way afiliated with the sofware, I just like it a lot.
    08-10-09 01:50 PM
    Use youmail, but don't use the app
    08-10-09 01:50 PM
    So your saying i can use youmail...without installing the app ?? and will this work with the VVM that came with .282...I want to be able to use VVM from the .282 OS..and I heard * a little* info about being able to use it through the carrier by somehow having them think you have a iphone and AT&T can allow access..
    08-10-09 02:04 PM
    The VVM in the OS is non functional. It doesn't exist in the service books.

This is a separate service that uses call forwarding. Basically you can setup youmail to email you a .mp3 attachment of your voicemail when you get a mail, or send you an SMS notification, etc.

iphone doesn't use service books and BB's require it in the service books to operate, so I don't really see how the two would work.
    08-10-09 02:05 PM
    At&t said that the visual vm will be up and running soon for the bb users
    08-10-09 02:32 PM
    That makes no sense at all, w/o the app most of the features that make it worthwhile aren't there. Like being able to change active greetings on the fly...
    08-10-09 02:40 PM
    That makes no sense at all, w/o the app most of the features that make it worthwhile aren't there. Like being able to change active greetings on the fly...

or being able to see who left you a msg and checking it right there, or deleting it
    08-10-09 02:42 PM
    The app murders the battery. There's tons of reports of this all over this forum. That's why it does make sense. Not like I care though, so have at it.
    08-10-09 02:42 PM
    The app murders the battery. There's tons of reports of this all over this forum. That's why it does make sense. Not like I care though, so have at it.
    When I hit alt and the back arrow to see what apps I have running . . . the VVM icon is showing. When I select it to close it, it says "Provisioning is unsuccessful. To resolve this issue, contact your wireless service provider" I have no idea how it was initially opened but I cannot close it. I have rebooted and done a battery pull. I recently upgraded to 4.6.0.282 It seems to be draining the battery. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    08-10-09 09:51 PM
    it's a cod file that needs to be removed prior to the OS install, use crackmem....
    08-10-09 10:04 PM
    Nonsense, you can close the app and only open it when you have been notified that you have a message or so use the app functions...
    08-10-09 10:06 PM
    I really could care less about visual voicemail. Will it possible to just use regular voicemail if AT&T enables visual voicemail? I don't need something that will kill my battery. Regular voic
    email and the call log are all I need. I don't get a lot of calls anyway. Most people text or email me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 10:22 PM
    youmail.com is awesome... i have send me texts and/or emails for missed calls if u dont have service and also links to vm's on there servers, u dont need to use the VVM app they have because it does drain ur battery but they just released a new version and it seems a lot better!
    08-11-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD