I'm about to ditch my Storm and go to the Bold. I just want to make sure that the Bold is more stable than the Storm and that it will actually work most of the time.

Can anyone offer encouraging words about the bold to get me to calm my nerves?
    03-07-09 10:41 AM
    I'm about to ditch my Storm and go to the Bold. I just want to make sure that the Bold is more stable than the Storm and that it will actually work most of the time.

If you're wanting to get over the storm. I'd say do it. But, if you bought a touchscreen to begin with it's kind of a weird change off.
    Either way. Stick with the storm for one to two more months and you'll be able to get Verizon's 9630. That will surely trump the 8900, the 9000 and 9530:-P
    03-07-09 10:44 AM
    The 9630 still doesn't have WiFi. I'm really tired of Verizon restricting their damn phones. I miss having a QWERTY keyboard.

More than anything, I want the OS to be stable. My Storm constantly locks up, multiple battery pulls, sluggish performance, even when running .109. I just want a good OS.
    03-07-09 10:47 AM
    .. I'm really tired of Verizon restricting their damn phones. I miss having a QWERTY keyboard.

LMAO! I learned about that after i switched out of verizon, couldnt' figure out why my friends verizon phone couldn't do file transfer via bluetooth.
    03-07-09 10:53 AM
    The 9630 still doesn't have WiFi. I'm really tired of Verizon restricting their damn phones. I miss having a QWERTY keyboard.

More than anything, I want the OS to be stable. My Storm constantly locks up, multiple battery pulls, sluggish performance, even when running .109. I just want a good OS.
    You know this.. How? I'm just curious because it's been said that the first 9630 model did have WIFI. Even CX had explained that. I know BG said it didn't, but he has been wrong many times.

arch. Verizon phones do file transfers through blutooth. I don't know what thats got to do with wifi?
    03-07-09 10:58 AM

My Bold does not lock up, I never pull the battery.... it runs smooth as silk. Obviously, the browser experience is very different from the Storm. But you would know that.

If you get a Bold, you can upgrade to a very stable OS that I am sure will serve you well. I have no issues at all.
    03-07-09 11:02 AM

As far as I know, the 9630 not having Wifi is still a rumor with some sources saying it has it and some saying it doesn't. I'd wait another month and see if anything concrete comes out before jumping to the Bold.

-Bret
    03-07-09 11:03 AM
    If you miss the real QWERTY then there doesn't seem to be a question about it. It would take a lot for me to stick with a phone that I didn't enjoy typing on - as that's the primary feature you're (or at least for me) using.

Plus - the Bold is wicked fast so if you're frustrated about sluggish performance - whether due to the Storm or your particular device - you're going to be ridiculously pleased with it's speed.
    03-07-09 11:03 AM
    I made the switch from blackberry storm unlocked to the blackberry bold unlocked for tmobile and I couldn't be more happier.... The phone is 10x more stable and more faster than the storm.... I had everybeta software for the storm and nothing can compare it to the bold....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:15 PM

It's a no brainer
    03-07-09 12:37 PM
    The Bold is very stable (for me at least), and will works most of the time if not all the time. I hope this answers your question.

03-07-09 12:57 PM
    .237 is an amazing build. No question about the stability, from a user who made the switch from the storm to the bold.

03-07-09 02:48 PM
    I also switched from Storm to the Bold (well, back and forth to be honest) and the Bold is definitely what you are looking for, based on your post. Go for it!

03-07-09 03:09 PM
    Did it. Do it.

03-07-09 04:13 PM
    I'm looking to get rid of my Bold for a Storm, for a few weeks anyway. Wanna trade off to see how much you like it?
    03-07-09 05:25 PM
    Dudeee...do it, the bold is amazing. It just works, ya know? And thats with all the apps I keep running in the background.
    03-07-09 05:39 PM
    Why is your Storm locking up so much? I loved the Bold but bought the Storm for the big screen. Mine is fast, BUT every morning I wake up I do a bat pull. Maybe this seems crazy but it is lightning fast and you have the newest Blackberry available!
    03-07-09 05:45 PM
    The newest must not always be the best ;-)

03-07-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD