Hi everyone I'm a employee from a authorized retailer ATT, we are the largest sole own company in the bay area. We just had a manager meeting with the ATT mobility, they said they are not suppose to tell us but they did anyway and the thing is RIM delay the device for ATT and it got like delay and now we are looking at oct. release date DAMN!!!!! i dont want to believe this but it came from one of the ATT guy.......... anybody thoughts about this??
    07-07-08 06:36 PM
    Yeah when you get it can I get an unlocked one?
    07-07-08 06:39 PM
    All reports have pointed to October lately. Welcome to CB!
    07-07-08 06:49 PM
    This makes me pretty mad. I was really Counting on a August release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 06:53 PM
    Remember to take any rumor you hear with a grain of salt.
    07-07-08 06:54 PM
    Hi everyone I'm a employee from a authorized retailer ATT, we are the largest sole own company in the bay area. We just had a manager meeting with the ATT mobility, they said they are not suppose to tell us but they did anyway and the thing is RIM delay the device for ATT and it got like delay and now we are looking at oct. release date DAMN!!!!! i dont want to believe this but it came from one of the ATT guy.......... anybody thoughts about this??
    I sure hope not......I don't think I can wait any longer......
    07-07-08 06:57 PM
    BAH! No offense vannessfuc, but your grammar does not instill confidence here.
    07-07-08 07:07 PM
    RIM already sent out the press release saying that the device was not delayed for reasons of heating etc. And that they had planned on an August launch. Jeff (what ever his name is) who is ceo and did the conference call when they released earnings a week or two back said all carriers had devices and were passing testing with flying colors.

Every day there are other people who claim they work for att or know people who do and have been wrong or just don't match with each other. I think I need both hands to count the various posts from these inside att musings. This goes all the way back to may.

I can go on.
    that sucks!!!!
    and i agree with labeaver, you don't sound very convincing.
    07-07-08 07:08 PM
    Well, not to pour fuel on the fire, but I was told by an agent at the local ATT store that RIM has delivered the Bold to ATT, and it is in their (ATT's) qualification process. He went on to say that it isn't expected to be released into the retail channel until "early to mid August". That was about a week to 10 days ago.
    07-07-08 07:16 PM
    The Bold cant have that many problems if it is being released in Canada already, that would mean the phone is working fine, the batteries dont just overheat over here and and have a cold per say in the Us but work fine in Canda because its colder. The delay till August is probably compatibility issues with the network and paper work protocol, you know the processes of getting it on the shelves. Im sure there working on the phone and ATT 's network and know what they have to do and im sure its working but they have to make sure,,,,,for sure that it works. I work with new technology every day and we test everything new for a month before we even suggest it. So October is kind of far fetched . And by what I mean by protocol is it has to go here then here test this test that what about this yada yada yada.
    07-07-08 07:30 PM
    Bah!...all this waiting makes me sad

...but at least this gives me a chance to save my pennies for
    when it DOES get released by att!
    07-07-08 07:34 PM
    b'h

Even if you Don't believe the "conspiracy" that blackberry-Bold is delayed by at&t to avoid a collusion with the iphone sales-volume...and because Rogers will not delay the bold-9000 release date like at&t...apple is penalizing them by giving them a very limited amount of iphones...
    the fact is that the delay of the bold and the soaring-sales of the iphone...will give blackberry rim a good reason for them to consider lowering the price of the bold-unit to a similar price like the new-iphone-$199...
    and not release it at the current MSRP of $699-plus

as our sages have said..."this to is for the good
    Last edited by BARRYAKAYE; 07-07-08 at 08:19 PM.
    07-07-08 08:16 PM
    Ok, I've been lurking for quite a while and recently decided to register, as when the bold is released, I'll be an early as possible adopter.

Now to my issue: COMMON SENSE!!!

We've all seen, read, loved, fapped to Kevin's sparkling 4 part review right? He has not yet amended said review to include any over heating issue, correct? He has in fact had this device for several weeks (possibly longer, I forget). Guess what... over heating isn't an issue. Software, not an issue. Rim is probably sitting around reading all the speculation, hearsay, and he-said-she-said laughing their asses off!

No one knows for sure when it is going to be released. Posting your sisters brother's cousin's best friend's psychic one eyed hamster told them the phone might be released on the third Tuesday that is a full moon in the 7th month, isn't convincing anyone, and I'm just ranting now... END
    07-07-08 08:18 PM
    Good one it is probably true that nothing is wrong with the phone at all its just a waiting game who knows the Iphone could peak out in a week and then that's it all done. I know plenty of people that have the Iphone and are like annhh no biggy. But your ight in saying who knows other than Rim and ATT. So we just have to wait.
    07-07-08 08:23 PM
    I hate to pour cold water on this but this device went to field trial with ATT late last week and after the long weekend we were told today to back off testing the device because of a software problem. I can't go into more detail than that.

I don't know if this pushes the date to October but it does delay the field trial a bit.
    07-07-08 11:50 PM
    No one knows for sure when it is going to be released. Posting your sisters brother's cousin's best friend's psychic one eyed hamster told them the phone might be released on the third Tuesday that is a full moon in the 7th month, isn't convincing anyone, and I'm just ranting now... END
    funny as **** lol
    07-08-08 12:17 AM
    I work for AT&T corporate as a sales rep and there have been no reported delays, the device was supposed to be out in the fall and thats what everything points to
    07-08-08 12:25 AM
    i cant wait till it comes out tho i will buy it asap
    07-08-08 01:08 AM
    they better hurry up and fix this thing, before the iphone 3g takes away all their potential customers...
    07-08-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD