I got ripped off by 2 of those cellphone unlock sites that supposedly give you the unlock code instantly... i knew it was too good to be true. Now am considering going to a local mobile store to really get it done, but the guy says it costs 40 bucks. My question is, is it worth it? Online cellphone unlock scammers, go away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 11:29 AM
    I got ripped off by 2 of those cellphone unlock sites that supposedly give you the unlock code instantly... i knew it was too good to be true. Now am considering going to a local mobile store to really get it done, but the guy says it costs 40 bucks. My question is, is it worth it? Online cellphone unlock scammers, go away

They are not scammers, you just have to know which are the trusted ones.

I have unlocked 5 9900s from the FreeThisBerry.com

Got the code instantly, and it worked perfectly.

The owner is a member here and always helps with any queries very fast

Try it out
    09-02-11 11:33 AM
    Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it.
    09-02-11 12:00 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it.
    I got my code and can get as far as entering MEPD. When the next screen comes up I enter MEP2 and nothing happens. No screen comes up to enter my Code.

Does the SIM have to Active on the 9930? I've tried the SIm that came with the device and one that I've used before in my Storm2 and neither seems to work.
    09-02-11 12:52 PM
    I unlocked my Sprint 9930 with no SIM installed. I bought an unlock code from buyritephoto on eBay and it was quick and simple.
    09-02-11 02:13 PM
    Are you on Verizon? They can give you the unlock code if you tell them you are traveling internationally. Some report they get push back from the cs rep, but if persistent enough will get it anyhow. It's free.
    09-02-11 02:42 PM
    I got my code and can get as far as entering MEPD. When the next screen comes up I enter MEP2 and nothing happens. No screen comes up to enter my Code.

Does the SIM have to Active on the 9930? I've tried the SIm that came with the device and one that I've used before in my Storm2 and neither seems to work.
    Hold the number key (alt) and type in MEP2, the unlock screen will show up.
    09-02-11 02:49 PM
    Did you follow the steps outlined in this video: http://crackberry.com/how-unlock-you...rry-smartphone
    09-02-11 03:05 PM
    I too used FreeThisBerry.com, got my instant unlock code for my 9860 and within a minute it was unlocked.
    09-02-11 03:11 PM
    send me your imei i'll do it for free
    09-02-11 03:21 PM
    Yeah, with a little help from freethisberry.com I was able to get it unlocked. Happy camper and cudos to their customer support!
    09-02-11 03:38 PM
    Glad it worked out for u chasvs, @lewisc that ebay guy sounds reputable, was my first choice but just dealing with ebay and getting verified acct with paypal is a nightmare i will steer clear of. Will continue to work at getting phone unlocked somehow.

09-02-11 06:43 PM
    need 9900 unlocked, still FreeThisBerry.com works good job?
    10-06-11 04:48 AM
    Anyone alive here?
    10-08-11 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD