9930 is underpowered & more expensive than an EVO 3D?

I don't get it. How is the 9930 more expensive than a phone with a dual cor processor and 4.3 inch screen. Sprint selling it for 249.99 is ridiculous. It isn't even 4G and for 249.99 it really should be 120GB or flash memory built in instead of 8GB. They have some nerve! There better be a $100.00 rebate involved.
    08-11-11 11:09 PM
    ughhh, they sell it for $700 USD where I live. And you're complaining about 249? seriously....
    08-11-11 11:14 PM
    Does the 3D have NFC support? Is the battery life as good or better than a BlackBerry? How good is push email on non-gmail (AOL, Live, etc) or exchange account?

I'm returning my 3D for the 9930.
    ericlc2 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    08-11-11 11:14 PM
    U seem upset brother. Would you like a hug? Or would you like to walk and talk about it?? :d
    Bold9930 likes this.
    08-11-11 11:16 PM
    I'm also assuming you think the iPhone 4 is underpowered as well?
    08-11-11 11:17 PM
    I'm also assuming you think the iPhone 4 is underpowered as well?
    He's saying it is more underpowered than the 3D.

Be nice to the OP you guys. 250 is pretty high for a BlackBerry.

(Not stopping me from dropping 250.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 11:20 PM
    Off contract price of the Bold 9900 = 500
    Off contract price of the evo 3d = 550

You were saying...?

Don't be fooled by contract prices, they don't actually mean anything. The extra 50 dollars you pay upfront is negligible to the cost of your 2 year contract which could be in the thousands of dollars. If you really want to save money, get discounts on your monthly bill. You'll save MUCH more than 50 dollars even in just a few months.
    Nickerz likes this.
    08-11-11 11:21 PM
    9930 is underpowered & more expensive than an EVO 3D?

I don't get it. How is the 9930 more expensive than a phone with a dual cor processor and 4.3 inch screen. Sprint selling it for 249.99 is ridiculous. It isn't even 4G and for 249.99 it really should be 120GB or flash memory built in instead of 8GB. They have some nerve! There better be a $100.00 rebate involved.
    For what the Blackberry does ( is able to do ) I think it's actually over-powered. Everything I've been able to watch online as for the smooth U.I. is nothing short of spectacular given I've been using BB's for years now.

This was certainly the direction RIM needed to head toward and I think they did a great job with making things MOVE they way they are. The Blackberry is more or less "APP DEAD", in particular the 99xx. Therefore I don't see the reason RIM gave it as much power as they did but I don't see this as a problem.

What I've grown to love about my experience with RIM is it's world class pushing of email in such a way that takes it very easy on a battery combined with a second to none keyboard with the standard applications such as calendar, password keeper and of course the AF cameras on the previous models.

All that has changed now and yeah - you are right, the bold 9930 as it stands with an EDOF ABSOLUTE junk camera is a $99.00 phone on contract for two years.

There is some real concern now coming to the surface that the 9930's battery lasts about as long as a Driod and this is a problem for RIM if it turns out to be true, simply because there would be no excuse to be asking a premium price TODAY for yester years tech.

How could one justify a smart phone that has about the same battery life as a Droid yet only a minute fraction of the functionality of a Droid? It's not logical.

If a fix for both the camera and battery do not come out rapidly you can count on the $249.00 price coming down about as fast as a turkey dinner will run down the leg of a wino.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-11-11 at 11:30 PM.
    JUSTQUAN2 and DJBS4LIFE like this.
    08-11-11 11:27 PM
    Here where I live, Offcontract is 700 USD, with contract is 500. Would you like a cookie sir?

Can people go about one day without complaining? Compare yourself with others around the world then you'll be really happy about what you have and your prices.

Plus, you're not forced to buy this phone you know that right? You have the money get it, you don't wait for a while
    08-11-11 11:36 PM
    Is it me, but isn't the 9900 the best to date - even it's not perfect?

I'm getting one, just for the speed increase and touch screen alone.

This forum is like a bunch of girls complaining about their makeup. Geez!

"it's too slow"..."it's too fast"..."It's too thin" "it's not thin enough"..."it's not an iPhone" ..."it cost too much"..."I can actually make calls on it, but I can't on my iphone, but it still sucks"...

LOL
    08-11-11 11:37 PM
    Listen pythons, I don't know that the point of you being constantly wrong in your posts is, but go look at the bgr.com review, the battery life is stellar, way better than Android (or the Droid if you are referring specifically to the Motorola version - see facts and specifics matter if you want to sound like you know what you're talking about).

The camera on the 9900 takes great shots in most conditions, and very fast, but not very good close-ups, as has been mentioned many times. If that's a deal breaker for your purchase decision that's alright, go buy another phone, the rest of the 9900 users will be happy using ours all the same
    08-11-11 11:38 PM
    Off contract price of the Bold 9900 = 500
    Who's selling the 9900 for $500 off contract?
    08-11-11 11:41 PM
    Listen pythons, I don't know that the point of you being constantly wrong in your posts is, but go look at the bgr.com review, the battery life is stellar, way better than Android (or the Droid if you are referring specifically to the Motorola version - see facts and specifics matter if you want to sound like you know what you're talking about).
    I'm talking about over 50% of the "real world reviews" here on Crackberry that specifically mentioned battery life issues...
    ...Have you been following those threads?

The camera on the 9900 takes great shots in most conditions, and very fast, but not very good close-ups, as has been mentioned many times. If that's a deal breaker for your purchase decision that's alright, go buy another phone, the rest of the 9900 users will be happy using ours all the same
    The 99xx camera takes pictures of a lesser quality than AF for medium and distance shots...
    ...And "unusable" pictures for anything close up.
    ...Again, this has been demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt.

I'm not happy about this nor do I think it's funny.
    08-11-11 11:47 PM
    I can understand his anger cause indent have the money either.... Btw evo 3d for sale & iPad 1 for sale and I have a couple of kidneys. Seems I only need one so I have that for sale also

I will have this phone next week.
    08-11-11 11:56 PM
    The camera on the 9900 takes great shots in most conditions, and very fast, but not very good close-ups, as has been mentioned many times
    Great shots in most conditions? Have you looked at Kevin's blog post on the front page? The 9900/9930 camera is garbage for a flagship device in 2011.
    Nickerz likes this.
    08-12-11 12:07 AM
    For what the Blackberry does ( is able to do ) I think it's actually over-powered. Everything I've been able to watch online as for the smooth U.I. is nothing short of spectacular given I've been using BB's for years now.

This was certainly the direction RIM needed to head toward and I think they did a great job with making things MOVE they way they are. The Blackberry is more or less "APP DEAD", in particular the 99xx. Therefore I don't see the reason RIM gave it as much power as they did but I don't see this as a problem.

What I've grown to love about my experience with RIM is it's world class pushing of email in such a way that takes it very easy on a battery combined with a second to none keyboard with the standard applications such as calendar, password keeper and of course the AF cameras on the previous models.

All that has changed now and yeah - you are right, the bold 9930 as it stands with an EDOF ABSOLUTE junk camera is a $99.00 phone on contract for two years.

There is some real concern now coming to the surface that the 9930's battery lasts about as long as a Driod and this is a problem for RIM if it turns out to be true, simply because there would be no excuse to be asking a premium price TODAY for yester years tech.

How could one justify a smart phone that has about the same battery life as a Droid yet only a minute fraction of the functionality of a Droid? It's not logical.

If a fix for both the camera and battery do not come out rapidly you can count on the $249.00 price coming down about as fast as a turkey dinner will run down the leg of a wino.
    If you are worried about the camera the new curve coming out is supposed to have auto focus with a 5 megapixel camera and NFC. Just a thought that way you don't have to sacrifice your camera, and it will be cheaper.
    08-12-11 12:20 AM
    Great shots in most conditions? Have you looked at Kevin's blog post on the front page? The 9900/9930 camera is garbage for a flagship device in 2011.
    Don't buy one then. End of story. Enjoy your life.

Using your logic, the iPhone should be a complete flop as it can't take or make a call for **** - oh yea, and you can't type on it either.
    08-12-11 12:24 AM
    You know, it's funny, the more people hate or have negative rant about this phone, the more I want to have it !!! Weird
    Fnord likes this.
    08-12-11 12:25 AM
    I have been using my 9900 for a few days now, and I hate the touchscreen. In the menus its cool. But for the browser it's horrible. Pinching to zoom on that small screen is tedious. Trying to double click small links is killing me.

I'm sure both Torches will be better for this with more screen real-estate. But the 9900 should never have had it. Before you go saying everyone wanted this, in concept it sounds cool, but in reality it does not work.
    08-12-11 12:26 AM
    ughhh, they sell it for $700 USD where I live. And you're complaining about 249? seriously....
    Would that be in Dubai?
    howarmat likes this.
    08-12-11 12:34 AM
    Don't buy one then. End of story. Enjoy your life.

Using your logic, the iPhone should be a complete flop as it can't take or make a call for **** - oh yea, and you can't type on it either.
    You don't even have the 9900 yet and your saying its amazing, I don't get it.

The threads have proven the camera sucks on close ups and is inferior then what the Bold 9780. Why did they have to go backwards? The SGS2 is thinner and has an 8mp AF cam that shoots 1080p. So the thin argument is a moot point.

People who are actually using the device have stated the battery life is not like it used to be. I am one of those people. My 9780 has better battery life. Again thinness doesn't count as the SGS2 has a 1650mh batt.

No I don't want a SGS2, I like blackberry. But I'm not blinded by my like for a company. I can point out it's faults. Yes we compare to other devices because that's the benchmark we should be beating. To try and make the best device out there.
    vrs626, bhavi_jp and kbz1960 like this.
    08-12-11 12:35 AM
    I have been using my 9900 for a few days now, and I hate the touchscreen. In the menus its cool. But for the browser it's horrible. Pinching to zoom on that small screen is tedious. Trying to double click small links is killing me.

I'm sure both Torches will be better for this with more screen real-estate. But the 9900 should never have had it. Before you go saying everyone wanted this, in concept it sounds cool, but in reality it does not work.
    Wow thats a first. FYI you can just use the trackpad.

I have now seen it all. Just waiting for someone to complain about it having a physical keyboard.
    08-12-11 12:42 AM
    Specs =/= everything. It's all about how the software is optimized for the hardware. Most WP7 phones are buttery smooth and those devices are running an even older chip than the 9900. The Nokia N9 is also running an older chip than the 9900 but it's still pretty damn capable and fast from what I've seen.
    08-12-11 12:46 AM
    Wow thats a first. FYI you can just use the trackpad.

I have now seen it all. Just waiting for someone to complain about it having a physical keyboard.
    What can I say I have big hands, sue me. I gotta use my finger nails to zoom or pinch.

I do use the trackpad, I just stated my opinion.
    08-12-11 12:49 AM
    Who's selling the 9900 for $500 off contract?
    Sprint is. it said so on the page that got leaked from the sprint playbook.
    08-12-11 12:49 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD