I have had this installed a couple weeks now. I have found the battery life better than what I was running. I did have an issue when I was first loading the OS (would not load). I just backed up usinf DM,did a security wipe, and it loaded fine. Than restored my contacts and calendar. Went to App World and loaded the apps I wanted back on.
    11-30-12 06:03 AM
    I've installed the update but now I can't find the BBM application. When I look in My World in BB App World, I see the BBM app and it tells me it is Installed, yet I can not locate anywhere. Any suggestions?
    11-30-12 04:42 PM
    I've installed the update but now I can't find the BBM application. When I look in My World in BB App World, I see the BBM app and it tells me it is Installed, yet I can not locate anywhere. Any suggestions?
    First click menu button from homescreen and choose "show all icons". Then check the instant messaging folder.
    11-30-12 04:53 PM
    Make sure you check all folders especially the instant messaging folders. I had BBM moved there once. Also make sure you have unhide all folders checked in the BB menu.
    11-30-12 04:55 PM
    When I search my calendar, it will not display anything in the past although options are set to save appointments forever. Any ideas?
    12-01-12 10:24 AM
    That's right. Everything was working just find until this bloody update. (I have noticed improved battery life, though.)

Every time I text someone, it groups texts to a previous group of text or it creates a group. So for example, I compose a text for "Wife", I see previous text between just the Wife and I, and I begin typing and hit enter. The text message doesn't appears between the wife and I, but instead in a group message from days ago between the wife, parents and siblings.

I have even deleted the old messages between the family. Today when I composed a message between the wife and I, my crackberry decided to create a group message between my sister-in-law and wife.

Anyone else with this issue? Solutions? Suggestions?
    12-01-12 11:18 AM
    First click menu button from homescreen and choose "show all icons". Then check the instant messaging folder.
    I think I already am 'showing all icons' as the only option I see is the 'Hide Icon' selection when I depress the menu button from the homescreen. ???
    12-03-12 10:38 AM
    I finally got around to updating this weekend and have been on 7.0 till now Lol. The smoothest update I've had in years. All contacts, apps, BBM contacts,settings, email accounts....etc..everything present and accounted for and smooth operation afterwards. I deleted previous OS, vendor files and DM. Loaded fresh DM and OS, hooked up, backed up everything, started the update and 45min later was disconnected. Battery life appears to be better, but it's only been two days. A little snappier responses and loading as well. Exploring some new features, of which I'm not sure which build they're from, and don't care, just enjoying them. Glad I finally got around to it.
    12-04-12 12:56 AM
    This was mentioned briefly before, but not much came of it. I've had this installed for a while, and I've been having increasingly annoying browser problems. Even when I'm showing full 3G service, I'm repeatedly getting messages that my browser is having problems communicating with the server. Sometimes a hard reset will solve the problems, but often it won't. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, have you found any solution short of downgrading the OS?
    12-05-12 08:57 AM
    I'm considering downgrading

Anybody having random freezing issues?

For some reason my phone will just randomly freeze for abt 20 seconds. Its so annoying! I never had this issue with .580
    12-05-12 09:46 AM
    This was mentioned briefly before, but not much came of it. I've had this installed for a while, and I've been having increasingly annoying browser problems. Even when I'm showing full 3G service, I'm repeatedly getting messages that my browser is having problems communicating with the server. Sometimes a hard reset will solve the problems, but often it won't. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, have you found any solution short of downgrading the OS?
    I have the same exact problem! I thought it would go away after some reboots and deleting some unimportant files but the problem remains and its very frustrating. I have to reboot my phone everytime I want too use the browser. I don't know about you but for me it loads up my google search perfectly but when I go to click on something or when I go to a website directly is when it shows up. I also dont want to have to downgrade because this is the only bug I have noticed in this build, compared to dozens in .580.
    12-05-12 10:08 AM
    I have the same exact problem! I thought it would go away after some reboots and deleting some unimportant files but the problem remains and its very frustrating. I have to reboot my phone everytime I want too use the browser. I don't know about you but for me it loads up my google search perfectly but when I go to click on something or when I go to a website directly is when it shows up. I also dont want to have to downgrade because this is the only bug I have noticed in this build, compared to dozens in .580.
    Mine actually doesn't even usually load the google search anymore. And it is incredibly frustrating, and seems to be getting worse, as often a reboot won't solve the problem anymore.
    12-05-12 10:10 AM
    I've had this update since this weekend now and have noticed a much improved battery life. The first couple of days I didn't use my phone as much at work, but the last two days have seen my normal heavy day use, and whereas I usually end the day at around 30%, I'm now seeing 40 and 50%. I've been monitoring the battery pretty closely and the improvement is pretty solid. I'll keep an eye on it. Besides that, no issues or bugs noticed so far and no browser problems either, actually browser is a little snappier, which I noticed immediately after the update, cross my fingers. This is looking like a very good update for me.
    12-07-12 12:45 AM
    I had issues downloading the 'Standard' version so I downloaded the 'Multi-Language' version. I've already updated my device & waiting for it to restore my data.
    A couple of hours after you posted this message (apparently) VZW uploaded a corrected binary to their web site. I just downloaded the �english� version and it looks like a healthy size (I previously got a 2.2 meg binary that wouldn�t run, also). The Multi-language version hasn�t changed, as I posted in another section recently. Here are the latest two releases of .755 available at VZW�s web site, as of a few seconds ago:

9930cmpttAMEA_PBr7.1.0_rel2123_PL5.1.0.553_A7.1.0. 755.exe 218,752 kbytes CRC32: 0A203EA5

9930cmpttjAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2123_PL5.1.0.553_A7. 1.0.755.exe 288,779 kbytes CRC32: 9E1693AE

The file sizes will display differently in a DOS window. If the CRC32�s match on your local copies, regardless of the file name or where you got it, you�ve got an exact copy of the VZW �official� releases.
    12-08-12 02:02 PM
    that's it. I give up. My phone is freezing up too much. I'm seeing that annoying spinning clock that I haven't seen since this update. Downgrading.
    12-08-12 03:19 PM
    that's it. I give up. My phone is freezing up too much. I'm seeing that annoying spinning clock that I haven't seen since this update. Downgrading.
    Have you tried a reload? How many battery pulls have you done since the update? Have you done a memory/cache clean lately? You may have already tried all this but those have helped previously with other buggy issues after an update. I hate to see you downgrade when many, including myself, think this is a great build so far, especially the battery life.
    12-08-12 09:54 PM
    Have you tried a reload? How many battery pulls have you done since the update? Have you done a memory/cache clean lately? You may have already tried all this but those have helped previously with other buggy issues after an update. I hate to see you downgrade when many, including myself, think this is a great build so far, especially the battery life.
    Since the update I've done many battery pulls. Dont know the exact number, but a lot more than I've done since my precious upgrade. Ever since this upgrade I've had charging issues, random 20 sec. freezing, my alarm sometimes not going off, and the spinning clock every 5-10 minutes.

I never had these issues with .580, so Im glad to be back. .580 was the most stable for me.
    12-08-12 10:11 PM
    Hey, the one that works for you is the one to keep. Glad it works for you
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-08-12 10:50 PM
    A thousand people download successfully, one person has a problem, and RIM or VZW are at fault. Download works perfect for me.
    12-09-12 10:48 AM
    A thousand people download successfully, one person has a problem, and RIM or VZW are at fault. Download works perfect for me.
    Read the entire thread and you will see other people are having issues too.
    12-09-12 07:20 PM
    Read the entire thread and you will see other people are having issues too.
    More successes than failures was all that I was saying. Change the "one person" to "some people" if that suits you better.
    12-10-12 09:21 AM
    absolutebob 12:18 PM 12-01-2012
    That's right. Everything was working just find until this bloody update. (I have noticed improved battery life, though.)

Every time I text someone, it groups texts to a previous group of text or it creates a group. So for example, I compose a text for "Wife", I see previous text between just the Wife and I, and I begin typing and hit enter. The text message doesn't appears between the wife and I, but instead in a group message from days ago between the wife, parents and siblings.

I have even deleted the old messages between the family. Today when I composed a message between the wife and I, my crackberry decided to create a group message between my sister-in-law and wife.

Anyone else with this issue? Solutions? Suggestions?

Under messages folder, go to menu and scroll to "display style" select single message. Its probably set to "group messages". I hope this helps.
    Last edited by jrb1164; 12-10-12 at 12:01 PM.
    12-10-12 11:49 AM
    I have been having issues with the internet after updating to the latest software update. I have to pull my battery and do a hard reset, well that worked for a little while. Now, I can't access the internet at all. I called tech support and I get the answer that no one has called in about this problem. So, guess I will have to brick my device and download the earlier version.
    12-12-12 03:18 PM
    I have been having issues with the internet after updating to the latest software update. I have to pull my battery and do a hard reset, well that worked for a little while. Now, I can't access the internet at all. I called tech support and I get the answer that no one has called in about this problem. So, guess I will have to brick my device and download the earlier version.
    Downgrading is super easy now. Just use the Desktop Manager, choose Update Device, then choose the another version. There should be a list of your previous OS updates. Choose the one that worked before.
    12-12-12 03:23 PM
    Ok, so glad to see I am not the only one and I am not dreaming about my problems with this OS. I have no 3G service no matter what I do and my phone will not automatically connect to my wi-fi, I have to manually choose one. I am at the end of my rope. I have called and called VZW. Have countless tickets in. In fact, I was considering asking for a replacement phone. The are checking the tower and my signal and wtf? The other people in my house get 3G but all of a sudden mine has stopped. I am going back to 580 as well since I didn't have any problems with it.

Oh and I have the freezing for 20 secs thing too!

So anyone who thinks we are making this up, may you never have to deal with problems with your phone. Glad your world is perfect. Because these are real problems and we need some help. That's why we come here. Not to be ridiculed.
    12-28-12 06:10 AM
147 ... 3456