Since getting my device on Sunday I have not been able to fully charge this device... According to MeterBerry the battery level is 97% and the voltage is 4.13V. It's been at that level forever and the device's Options menu says 95%. The lightning bolt is constantly flashing... I know with my 9630 MeterBerry would read 100% and 4.2V when the battery is full charged, but with my 9930 it does not seem to ever achieve this. I'm running OS .340 and was wondering if anyone is seeing this...
    08-24-11 06:56 PM
    I think i've experienced this. Are you charging this via a computer? If you use an actual wall charger, it should charge all the way. But I'm not sure. I'm still experimenting with how to charge it.
    08-24-11 07:29 PM
    Actually I am charging via the computer in all instances... I will try the wall charger to verify it's not the battery/device/OS and report back.
    08-24-11 08:00 PM
    Happened to me on my first charge as well, it simply won't fully charge for whatever reason. I don't know how I will fair tonight when I charge it. I'll report back.
    08-24-11 08:04 PM
    same problem i have. Got my bb9930 last sunday and charged only thru 95% and the lightning bold still flashing (i used wall charger). hopefully to get an answer on this.
    09-06-11 01:58 PM
    I had this issue yesterday when I was backing up and updating some things via desktop manager using the usb cable plugged into the computer. When I finished all of my updates, my 9930 was almost charged so I let it finish to 100%. It went to 100% and I had a few more things that I realized that I needed to do so I left it plugged in, but once I finished them, I looked at my phone and the charge level showed 95% while it was still plugged in. After that I tried rebooting using the ALT+SHIFT+DEL, battery pull, etc and would plug it back in and nothing would get it to charge past 95%. So, after trying all of this, I just decided to let it go for the day and would try a full charge when it got to that point. I was running a lot of apps yesterday, downloads, etc so my battery drained down to approximately 20% before I went to bed, so I went ahead and put it on the wall charger through the night and when I woke up, it had charged back up to 100%. So, I am not for sure if this is an issue that arises from charging the phone through a computer using the usb cable or something else, but I was successful at fully charging my phone back to 100% using the wall charger.
    09-07-11 06:47 AM
    Similar issue, only what happens with my 9930 when I wall charge is it gets to 99%, and then takes a full 15-20 mins to make that leap to 100%. It gets there, it just takes awhile.
    09-07-11 07:39 AM
    I had this problem on my second charge via the mains. I thought it was a bit weird so I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it went past the 95% it was stuck at. Since then it's been fine.
    09-07-11 08:27 AM
    mine keeps charging to 100% (according to BB meter) but to 99% according to Battery Saver app and the lightning bolt keeps flashing for as long as I keep it plugged in. i wonder if it is the battery or the device as I have about 2 weeks left to exchange it in the 30 day return period. It is really frustrating that a $250 device is not working perfectly as it should. I wonder if the iPhone has these issues...
    09-07-11 09:49 AM
    Use the oem charger that came with the device and USB cable. I did a battery drain, pull and then used the stock charger and got 100 or 99+
    09-07-11 10:21 AM
    I did that also and it xharged to 100% but lately it doesnmatter what I do, the charging symbol stays on all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD