Hey guys take this for what it's worth.

I own a verizon store. Our supplier (huge supplier, supplies over 100 indirect retail stores) told us to order less blackberry bold's b.c a new one was going to come out. The manager of their warehouse told me also July 28th most likely. This guy has never been wrong before about droid releases but RIM's releases are always all screwed up.
    haha you got that right, RIM releases are always screwy lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 12:22 PM

I own a verizon store. Our supplier (huge supplier, supplies over 100 indirect retail stores) told us to order less blackberry bold's b.c a new one was going to come out. The manager of their warehouse told me also July 28th most likely. This guy has never been wrong before about droid releases but RIM's releases are always all screwed up.
    I believe you, BUT I also believe that the release target of late july HAS been pushed to Aug. BUT we shall see, as usual, RIM and Verizon have been mum, lol!
    07-25-11 03:22 PM

Sounds interesting, considering there's supposed to be an announcement from RIM tomorrow (check it out at BlackBerry | Facebook) but I went into a Verizon store today and asked an associate when the new BlackBerry Bold 9930 was coming out and she simply replied "I have no clue."
    07-25-11 04:11 PM
    I went into a Verizon store today and asked an associate when the new BlackBerry Bold 9930 was coming out and she simply replied "I have no clue."
    Did you test her with some simple questions to make sure that wasn't her answer to everything? I've worked with a few reps that made me wonder...
    07-25-11 04:42 PM
    Did you test her with some simple questions to make sure that wasn't her answer to everything? I've worked with a few reps that made me wonder...
    Well, tbh, it did seem kind of odd that she just simply didn't know. She didn't seem too knowledgeable. However, there were two BlackBerrys still on display in the store. I asked her like if they were told anything and she also said no, i still have no clue.
    07-25-11 04:47 PM

Exactly what we needed to bring back hope for us Verizon Users [:
    07-26-11 01:08 AM
    I've heard july 28 several times now. Hope it happens.

07-26-11 01:25 AM

Exactly what we needed to bring back hope for us Verizon Users [:
    Its odd that he mentions 4G LTE at the end of the video, Bold is not 4G capable to my knowledge
    07-26-11 01:34 AM
    Its odd that he mentions 4G LTE at the end of the video, Bold is not 4G capable to my knowledge
    Correct. He is just touting their network.
    07-26-11 01:37 AM
    A bunch of us saw the video this morning - it is odd that he mentions 4G LTE, with a stipulation that the 9930 has LTE capability. None of the devices out have an LTE chipset that we know of.

Seems like the 28th might be possible. Where is the announcement? C'mon VZW......

07-26-11 07:04 AM
    I say early to mid August
    07-26-11 08:14 AM
    That part is VERY misleading and should be edited out when this video becomes official as part of the 9930's launch.
    07-26-11 09:27 AM
    Samsung and VZW just announced the Galaxy Tab 10.1 coming to VZW on July 28th. Why not announce the BB 9930 today also??

Samsung's LTE-equipped Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes to Verizon on July 28th -- Engadget
    07-26-11 09:39 AM
    Samsung and VZW just announced the Galaxy Tab 10.1 coming to VZW on July 28th. Why not announce the BB 9930 today also??

Samsung's LTE-equipped Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes to Verizon on July 28th -- Engadget
    I was just telling someone the same thing. It's still a bit of a stretch though if most of the other carriers aren't getting it for 2-3 weeks.

It'd be nice if Verizon does us well and denies all those naysayers that think VZW doesn't care about BB anymore.
    07-26-11 11:01 AM
    Looks like this date seems to be true. Blackberry recently tweeted that their BB7 Fan Night is August 3rd, the winner will be flown to the Ontario event and will be given one of the "New BB7 Devices" . I don't think they will fly you to Ontario and back empty handed. Thus meaning a release of one of the new BB devices later this month.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-26-11 02:37 PM
    FYI - I just got back from the Verizon store and beat the manager that told me July 28th was the release date within one inch of his life. Rest assured he will no longer start rumors like this that caused mass hysteria.

I apologize for causing lost sleep, hurt feelings, wars, riots, and the collapse of the economy by starting this post because I believed what he told me.

Get this, he had the nerve to say now the date is August 5th. Yeah right, like we are going to believe HIM again. Although, that could be right, releasing them before fan night..hmmmmm. Damn him, got me going again.

Looks like I will make another trip make to the store and finish what I started.
    07-27-11 09:34 AM
    RIM to Release New OS 7 BlackBerry 9930 Next Week | Headline News

don't know how true this is but says next week too.. HAHA.. here we go again......
    07-27-11 09:38 AM

don't know how true this is but says next week too.. HAHA.. here we go again......
    That article states next tuesday (8/2/2011), isn't BBFan Night 8/3/2011?? Why would they release it before the Fan Night? Don't get me wrong, I want this phone now but lets be honest no one outside of big red or RIM knows when that will be, or at least they aren't saying.
    07-27-11 11:24 AM
    I'm getting super tired of this... I read these forums not for the 9930 anymore, but just for how gullible these people are

07-27-11 11:50 AM

Read some articles on this site...Are they for real??? Who lets these people post information? I saw 3 articles speculating that today or this week the Torch 2 is coming out.
    07-27-11 12:17 PM
    Read some articles on this site...Are they for real??? Who lets these people post information? I saw 3 articles speculating that today or this week the Torch 2 is coming out.
    i wrote that article.
    07-27-11 04:40 PM
    i wrote that article.
    OH ****!

Now the fun begins

07-27-11 05:41 PM
    The same website's source says that there is a physical difference between the GSM torch and the CDMA torch. CDMA torch's buttons are flush with the screen while GSM torch's buttons are raised.
    Verizon BlackBerry Torch 9850 Coming Soon | Headline News
    LikeWebOS likes this.
    07-27-11 06:08 PM
    i went to vzw today and the rep had a ton of info....just not for the 9930. He was an expert in Ninjitsu and baking....but no cell phone info
    07-27-11 08:19 PM
    i went to vzw today and the rep had a ton of info....just not for the 9930. He was an expert in Ninjitsu and baking....but no cell phone info
    So, next time Verizon release a Cinnamon Roll we're on a winner?
    07-27-11 08:22 PM
182 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD