Just left a Verizon store and the manager told me they were just told July 28th will be the day the 9930 will be released. He seemed pretty sure of it.

Just thought I would pass along this info.
    07-14-11 02:58 PM
    im sorry but no chance in **** IMO since i havent seen any of the VZW testers make mention of testing it yet.
    07-14-11 03:00 PM
    im sorry but no chance in **** IMO since i havent seen any of the VZW testers make mention of testing it yet.
    Maybe Verizon had them all offed before they could talk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-14-11 03:03 PM
    Maybe Verizon had them all offed before they could talk.

i would bet RIM would do that before VZW lol
    07-14-11 03:06 PM
    I HIGHLY doubt Verizon will be the first out the gate. They might not be the last, ATT will PROBABLY take that, but big red sure won't be the first. BUT who knows. HOWEVER do we EVER believe those "a Verizon rep told me" threads?

Lets see some leaked slides, or a testman page, or something like THAT, then maybe I'll get my hopes up.
    07-14-11 03:08 PM
    There has been at least 1, and think 2, guys on here who have had the Bold 9930 sent to them by Verizon to try out for a week. I still think that Verizon is going to release this phone first. Might not be July 28th but I think they will be first.
    07-14-11 03:11 PM
    I HIGHLY doubt Verizon will be the first out the gate. They might not be the last, ATT will PROBABLY take that, but big red sure won't be the first. BUT who knows. HOWEVER do we EVER believe those "a Verizon rep told me" threads?

Lets see some leaked slides, or a testman page, or something like THAT, then maybe I'll get my hopes up.
    You think the GSM phones in the UK and Canada will drop first?
    07-14-11 03:12 PM
    its a good chance UK GSM will launch it first from what people have said on here
    07-14-11 03:21 PM
    If the vzw rep told you that the bold was fake and the tour was being rereleased and he has it coming tomorrow.....would you believe him too?
    07-14-11 03:29 PM
    Just left a Verizon store and the manager told me they were just told July 28th will be the day the 9930 will be released. He seemed pretty sure of it.

Just thought I would pass along this info.
    One could hope, but that's two weeks away...
    07-14-11 03:30 PM
    I went to verizon today and they had zero information.
    07-14-11 03:45 PM
    I Swear if Rogers doesnt get it the day everyone does they'll have some explaining to doo!
    07-14-11 03:48 PM
    07-14-11 03:49 PM
    Ah, the old "A Rep told me" thread! Boy these never get old.......
    07-14-11 05:14 PM
    Bell and Telus in store sales have been saying mid Aug for a while now. Starting to believe it. Just saying.
    07-14-11 05:59 PM
    Unbelievable how bent out of shape people get about these things. Just quietly disregard it and move on if you choose not to believe him or the rep he spoke to -- simple as that. The phone will come out when it comes out, and the general consensus is within the next month or so. What more needs to be said?
    07-14-11 06:07 PM
    Anyone ever notice that the Verizon Wireless stores are using tablets as their desk sales computers. Thought it was kind of cool but thought, "why don't they sell these?"
    07-14-11 06:31 PM
    As long as vzw gets it.. Has it been confirmed anywhere yet? Aside from the google ad, lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-14-11 06:35 PM
    I get the " a rep said this date" thing. I have been waiting like the rest and have read all the promises or hopes only to be dissapointed just like everyone else here.

For some reason though, the way he said it and explained it to the other sales people working there, I sort of believe that HE believes that is the release date. He told me with the other reps that he heard today that the 28th is the launch date.

This is the same manager that just last week didn't even know about this phone. Today he told me about some of the features.

So, when it all boils down to it, who knows.
    07-14-11 07:01 PM
    14 days away...no way.
    07-14-11 07:10 PM
    Oh...and one more thing, he also told me that a Bold Touch 4g is coming out Christmas time.

Don't kill the messanger, I am just telling you what he said.
    07-14-11 07:12 PM
    Every Verizon rep I have spoken to in the last two weeks doesnt even know its coming. Ill have this device day one, but for now....we wait.
    07-14-11 07:17 PM
    Oh...and one more thing, he also told me that a Bold Touch 4g is coming out Christmas time.

Don't kill the messanger, I am just telling you what he said.
    This comment just made your post a whole lot less believable (unless you were trying to be facetious in the first place...)

There is definitely no LTE 4G BB coming yet sadly... we would have definitely heard/seen something if december is the release and it would have been on the roadmap... We knew about the Bold Touch and other models coming like over 6 months ago.
    07-14-11 07:51 PM
    That is a load of crap. Reps/managers do not know, period. This person is just showing off and pretending to "know" something. He wouldn't have a reason to be told this specifically and if he did, then we also would've probably seen a commercial for the release because reps/managers don't know more than we do.

07-14-11 08:22 PM
    I can only hope, i highly doubt it though. Why would VZW release it before anyone when they only seem to push the Droids and iPhones? I am highly anticipating it though, if the phone is set to release in a months time why the **** is their no release date? Grrr... im tired of checking CrackBerry every day and hoping to see a release date, only to be dissapointed. I think theirs a 4G tower being built in town so i hope this is released before that is confirmed lol.
    07-14-11 08:49 PM
182 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD