Noticed lately on my and my wifes 9930, that Photobucket images are not showing up. Any photobucket images in web pages are showing up as a RED X? Anyone else have this issue?
    02-26-13 08:16 PM
    I have a Bold 9900 that is having the same issue. Any of the forums I generally frequent from my Blackberry suddenly won't show me images. If the person posting the image uses a picture hosting site all I get now is the red x. Drives me completely insane. The fact that I'm trying to admin one of these forums myself is even worse, because I have other forum members asking me for solutions but I can't even fix my own. Hahahaha.

PLEASE HELP!
    02-26-13 08:22 PM
    Sadly enough....I am glad it is not just me...LOL I tried everything, then noticed it was only Photobucket images not showing up on websites.
    02-26-13 09:03 PM
    No, you are definitely not alone. I know of a number of people having this same issue. Hopefully a solution is available. I think it's all a conspiracy by Blackberry to make us upgrade to the Z10 hahaha.
    02-26-13 09:17 PM
    i am getting the same thing on wifi. as soon as i disconnect wifi and refresh the page it works. some things that temp fix it are to delete the wifi profile off your phone and reconnect to it and also clear your cache
    02-26-13 09:28 PM
    With mine it doesn't matter if it's on the wifi or on the mobile network.
    02-26-13 09:35 PM
    i was getting it on Facebook more than anything else as does my wife. i never use photobucket so i wouldnt know about that specific site.
    02-26-13 09:44 PM
    Well, I can give you an example of a place it won't work. Home | Imperial Royal Arms
    02-26-13 09:53 PM
    This has also happened to me in the last few days. Images hosted on sites other than photobucket seem to work fine, but the photobucket ones are just a red cross. I have messaged photobucket to see if it is being caused their end, as they have just flipped to their new version and it seems to be full of glitches. It is a total pain as I also help mod a forum and make graphics and stuff for it - and I can't even see if it is posting right anymore. Does anyone know what is causing it or how it might be fixed?
    02-27-13 06:54 PM
    i am getting the same thing on wifi. as soon as i disconnect wifi and refresh the page it works. some things that temp fix it are to delete the wifi profile off your phone and reconnect to it and also clear your cache
    I've had this issue for months with the wifi. If I disable and re-enable the wifi it works for a little bit and then it does the red X on the pictures again. I also get the communication failed error message and the internet ceases to work until I disable and re-enable the wifi again.
    02-27-13 11:46 PM
    I'm actually having an email conversation with someone from photobucket now. Hopefully once they realise that this is happening to people they will figure out what the fault is and fix it. Other people have said elsewhere that it might be something to do with the http links their site is generating, now they have flipped to their new version. We shall see I guess.
    Last edited by Ithillian; 03-08-13 at 04:16 PM. Reason: can't spell for toffee
    03-08-13 04:09 PM
    Definitely an annoying issue. Don't think Wi-Fi or cache is causing it. I've noticed it for weeks, and made a bug report here, but it's obviously not a CrackBerry problem either. I'll write Photobucket too. Won't be the first time. The link in my signature goes back well before their beta site, so I'm not sure that has much to do with it. Friggin' Jef!
    03-08-13 10:56 PM
    Friggin' Jef!
    I just had to comment on this...

At my office we have a former employee named Jeff, and whenever something goes wrong we respond with "I blame Jeff.". Even though he hasn't worked there for years. Hahaha.

I sincerely hope this issue can get resolved. Can anyone tell me if it still happens to people using BB10? Or is it only affecting Legacy models?
    03-09-13 09:16 AM
    I just had to comment on this...

At my office we have a former employee named Jeff, and whenever something goes wrong we respond with "I blame Jeff.". Even though he hasn't worked there for years. Hahaha.

I sincerely hope this issue can get resolved. Can anyone tell me if it still happens to people using BB10? Or is it only affecting Legacy models?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...-fault-511385/

03-09-13 09:25 AM
    Ok, so after numerous emails and providing of examples, photobucket have confirmed the issue is coming from their end, as they changed the coding of their http links recently. They have said this:

Ian (Photobucket Support)
    Mar 12 01:52 pm (MDT)

Hello there!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This has become a known issue and our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. We will get this resolved as soon as we can!

Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!'

So hopefully it won't take too much longer
    03-12-13 04:26 PM
    Ok, so after numerous emails and providing of examples, photobucket have confirmed the issue is coming from their end, as they changed the coding of their http links recently. They have said this:

Ian (Photobucket Support)
    Mar 12 01:52 pm (MDT)

Hello there!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This has become a known issue and our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. We will get this resolved as soon as we can!

Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!'

So hopefully it won't take too much longer
    Thanks so much for the update
    03-12-13 05:55 PM
    I think they've fixed it. I can see the images on my phone again. It was definitely photobucket's issue ... It's taken quite a few emails but the last thing they asked what model I had and a few hours later it was sorted.
    03-27-13 12:31 PM