Hi, I desperately need help for my blackberry. I have no idea whats happened. I was usin my phone as normal, then i locked it at the top and put it back into my bag. I tried to check the time a little later, but my phone had turned itself off. I didnt think much of it because it turns itself off often. But when i got home, It wouldnt turn on. So i did a battery pull, but when i replaced the battery, the red light didnt flash and the home button didnt glow, I held down the on button anyway, but it refused to turn on. So i took the battery out for like an hour and tried again, but NOTHING happened at all. no light, no symbol flashing, the phone literally remained like a little black brick. I left the battery out overnight, but it still refused to turn on or make any kind of action at all. I tried connecting it to my laptop via USB but it would make the noise that it had connected, but then it my laptop would pop up with an error message saying that windows didnt recognise the usb and that it was 'unknown' I tried every single USB port in my laptop, and a different cable, but nothing happened. I have done like a hundred battery pulls, but nothings working. Ive cleaned the little connector rods in the phone, but nothings working. The phone wasnt dead when it switched itself off, i had nearly full battery. Please please please help! Thankyouu!
    09-08-12 05:41 AM
    Out of curiosity, have you tried to charge the battery from within the phone on a normal wall charger?

Even a "bricked/Nuked" device still has a the LED turn on when you first press the call button to "try" and turn it on.
    Last edited by homer1475; 09-08-12 at 05:55 AM.
    09-08-12 05:45 AM
    Out of curiosity, have you tried to charge the battery from within the phone on a normal wall charger?
    I agree, charge the phone for some time and it will be back alive.
    09-08-12 05:48 AM

Even a "bricked/Nuked" device still has a the LED turn on when you first press the call button to "try" and turn it on.
    um yeah, I did try to charge it but it still showed no response at all. But even if i plug it in to charge, the light doesnt flash up at all
    09-08-12 07:14 AM
    I agree, charge the phone for some time and it will be back alive.
    Ill give it a go, cheers
    09-08-12 07:15 AM
    i would recommend a troubleshoot if its still not working.
    1. removed the battery and open the Blackberry Desktop Software
    2. when the Blackberry Desktop Software is open, plug the phone to the usb port without its battery on
    3. it will try and then connect and itll give u options on the computer screen and click "repair" itll repair the phone and u just have to wait.
    4. once the OS has been installed to ur it will restart but make sure u put the battery back before then so itll power up.
    5. then itll be fixed

hope that would help.
    09-08-12 04:05 PM
    put it back on the charger and leave it alone,it will charge again.
    09-08-12 04:12 PM
    hi my blackberry bold 9900 wont turn on its flashing a red light
    12-21-13 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD