Seems to me the last 3 or 4 versions of Android are similar looking too. A bunch of icons (unless you throw on some battery munching widgets). And I was in Best Buy the other day looking at the latest stuff and nearly EVERY "high end" Android looks like a flat black slab.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I agree 100%. How can people criticize the BlackBerry for never being different when almost every Android phone is identical.
    07-09-11 06:02 PM
    The AT&T Torch2 WILL be delivered before the 9900.

The 9900 will be delivered at the same time the other carriers. Most will introduce the 9900 with in a few days from each other.
    Didn't they say in the press conference that all the devices were going to be released at the same time?
    07-09-11 11:09 PM
    Didn't they say in the press conference that all the devices were going to be released at the same time?
    They did and that is ehy that most the carriers that will be getting the 9900 will be releasing it with in days of each other. When they say at the same time, that includes with in a few days of each other
    07-10-11 06:14 AM
    Hopefully that follows for England as well...
    07-10-11 06:59 AM
    I hope it comes out for everyone soon.
    07-10-11 08:09 AM
    Gregg, I just tried the GPS feature using 7.0.0.187 and had a lock in less than five seconds. Accuracy was within 10 feet. Also the update gave me the visual voicemail that I did initially did not have, new set of wall papers and an intro video. I wish I lived in a larger more metropolitan area with better coverage. Let me know if you update the your OS, I'll be curious to see how yours performs afterwards.
    07-10-11 08:18 AM
    Gregg, I just tried the GPS feature using 7.0.0.187 and had a lock in less than five seconds. Accuracy was within 10 feet. Also the update gave me the visual voicemail that I did initially did not have, new set of wall papers and an intro video. I wish I lived in a larger more metropolitan area with better coverage. Let me know if you update the your OS, I'll be curious to see how yours performs afterwards.
    VISUAL VOICE MAIL! You are killing me! I will get it downloaded and installed today. Do you have a URL for the download?

I am so glad you are liking the 9900.

Devices like this are what RIM needs to be concentrating on and this is what they do best!
    07-10-11 08:24 AM
    Does the new phone show HotSpot?
    07-10-11 08:47 AM
    Do you guys feel this device will be a huge hit?
    07-10-11 09:25 AM
    Yes I think that it will be especially for current BB users. That combined with the Monza, and Torch slider, BB will be back in the game.
    07-10-11 09:30 AM
    Is the Pope religious?
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-10-11 10:02 AM
    Is the Pope religious?

LOL
    07-10-11 10:07 AM
    I doubt anyone will care about the 9900. It will surely flop
    07-10-11 11:08 AM
    for me im considering to get two devices this time around if i can.one is the curve 9360 or monza 9860.the other one is going to be toughest decision to make for me.9810 or 9900.also the apple iphone 5 will be plan b for me when its on display at at&t.androids will be plan c if the others don't pan out.its the upgrade i have been waiting for.can hardly wait.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 07-10-11 at 07:54 PM.
    07-10-11 07:47 PM
    I surely hope AT&T issues a release date for this phone soon. I'm really looking to return to BlackBerry with this phone...since the limitations that I have found with the 9000/9700/9780 models seem to have been addressed...and it might just be the phone to tear me away from the iPhone for good.

I've tried to go back to the 9000/9700 twice in the last few months...and the shortcomings of those devices make are too glaring to ignore.

Next month is my upgrade month...and it's going to be either the BlackBerry 9900 or the iPhone 5.

Hope AT&T doesn't continue to drag its feet...
    07-11-11 09:41 AM
    For me the larger the screen the better for reading article and doing the Internet. I still like my iPhone 4 for that. The 9900 is actually smoother than the iPhone4 but with the smaller screen, you have to pan and magnify on many of the pages. I just do not use my device to do this on the Internet and prefer my iPad 3G.
    Oh NO not the infamous horizontal scrolling! I absolutely HATE that. I rarely browse on my BB anymore because the playbook is always there.

Do either of you who have the 9900 have a Playbook also? If so, how is the bridge browser?

Come to think of it, whether you have a PB or not, can you load the bridge browser on your phone yet?
    07-11-11 11:36 AM
    I have missed my updates from Gregg - i look patiently for my "Fix"......
    07-11-11 07:42 PM
    LOL

@Greg - can it come in a Wikitude Browser or Augmented reality review?
    07-11-11 07:47 PM
    Terrific thread. Thanks Greg & all.

07-12-11 12:04 AM
    Does the new phone show HotSpot?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6473436
    07-12-11 12:27 AM
    All is good, I am simply using this device and really enjoying it!

This Blackberry is like no other that RIM has ever offered!

It is a cut above past Blackberry devices!
    07-12-11 05:42 AM
    Hey Gregg, don't know if this has been asked. How does the youtube look? Is it better than previous bb's?
    07-12-11 07:32 AM
    Hey Gregg, don't know if this has been asked. How does the youtube look? Is it better than previous bb's?
    Youtube looks phenomenal on the 9900, Mike

07-12-11 01:16 PM
    Youtube looks like it should now. Hard to compare it to any previous BB units.

The processor make this a awesome device. The extra CPU power make the entire package work smoothly. I can not wait till they are released and I get to read the comments. People will like this a lot!
    purijagmohan, Mac33 and tliolos like this.
    07-12-11 01:45 PM
    Youtube looks like it should now. Hard to compare it to any previous BB units.

The processor make this a awesome device. The extra CPU power make the entire package work smoothly. I can not wait till they are released and I get to read the comments. People will like this a lot!
    Thanks man! I can't wait!
    07-12-11 01:48 PM
146 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD