Thanks for the pics, nice to see some images side by side with the caddy. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, just wish the wait wasn't so darn long!

P.s. how's the new back in comparison with the 9000 faux leather? I feel as though I'll miss that...
    Reeee-post - feedback appreciated G Money

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 05:05 PM
    dang, how are people getting to test it out? I have been loyal customer of att for quite a number of years s (used to have cingular in fact); is that good enough?! lol
    07-07-11 05:10 PM
    wow! i cant wait to get my hands on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-07-11 08:40 PM
    You have to work for a company that Verizon sucks up to in my case....
    Just found out I have the 9930 until next week

Greg, forget my last question. App World was reporting only 512MB storage.
    I checked options - application management and it was reporting 768MB there...

I just made a video (sorry, my first) with the reboot time some were asking about:

Todd
    07-07-11 08:48 PM
    How close is this for Verizon? Does it have all of their bloatware installed already? If so, does it make it slower?

I just made a video (sorry, my first) with the reboot time some were asking about:

Todd
    07-07-11 09:03 PM
    No bloatware on my device. Last I heard Verizon will release first on the 26-28th of this month. This OS (.187) is pretty stable and surely ready for release and it's from the June 14th... So better ones exist.
    Verizon just went 850mhz in my area and I finally get good coverage at home. AT&T better watch out or I'm jumping ship to get this baby.....
    07-07-11 09:10 PM

Todd
    Awesome !

excellent video I liked the 1 video posted with JUST the boot time, but the comparison boot was nice.

Browser load time for 9930 vs 9780 over wifi on both?
    07-07-11 09:11 PM
    which site?
    07-07-11 09:14 PM
    While I will be ecstatic if Verizon releases it this month, I find it hard to believe since that means they would be a month ahead of every other carrier from what everyone says.

Any chance you can put this next to a 9650?

07-07-11 09:41 PM
    No bloatware on my device. Last I heard Verizon will release first on the 26-28th of this month. This OS (.187) is pretty stable and surely ready for release and it's from the June 14th... So better ones exist.
    Verizon just went 850mhz in my area and I finally get good coverage at home. AT&T better watch out or I'm jumping ship to get this baby.....
    Does yours have the Personal Hotspot? (It's something I've grown to love, and use a lot so it could be a deal breaker).
    07-07-11 09:47 PM
    No, the last road map meeting with verizon they stated that the hotspot will be supported but not in the first release... I hope AT&T follows suit.
    07-07-11 09:50 PM
    I am updating twitter on my torch right now, and I am always amazed how unusable the phone becomes when downloading an app.

Is that fixed on the 9900?
    07-07-11 09:57 PM
    which site?
    Some site you've never been before

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/navigation?file=home

lol
    07-07-11 10:04 PM
    Hey Greg,

Does the phone boot up faster than previous BB's. What is the average boot time after a battery pull/restart?
    About 90 seconds

Have you ever used the Blackberry Curve? do you mean that kind of clicking noise?
    Not sure as I have had Curves with mushy and clicky keyboards. This one is very clicky which does not bother me! Last thing I want to see is it to stutter and I hope RIM did something to make sure that does not happen again!

dang, how are people getting to test it out? I have been loyal customer of att for quite a number of years s (used to have cingular in fact); is that good enough?! lol
    AT&T has nothing to do with it.

Does yours have the Personal Hotspot? (It's something I've grown to love, and use a lot so it could be a deal breaker).
    The fast that this 9900 does not have Personal Hotspot does not mean that the carrier version will not. If you are with AT&T they will likely have it but you will have to pay for a tethering plan. Unlimited does not include tethering
    07-08-11 06:38 AM
    Hey Todd. Did I read correct? Verizon possibly end of July??

And does yours have hot spot? Thanks!
    07-08-11 07:34 AM
    The pictures dont load for me. Is it down or is my adblock plugin acting up?
    07-08-11 08:07 AM
    Greg, Thanks for sharing all your input. I hope the one I get isn't so "clicky". I have had a fare share of my BlackBerry Smartphones to know that for some reason you get some with loud and some with soft keys even on the same models. I also agree, the stuttering keyboard needs to be fixed.

Also, it is to my understanding that the full software of documents to go is included with OS7. Have you been able to fool around with that yet? Plus, ummm, what free games come with it too other than the traditional Brickbreaker .
    07-08-11 10:09 AM
    No, the last road map meeting with verizon they stated that the hotspot will be supported but not in the first release... I hope AT&T follows suit.
    What do you mean by not in the first release? Do you mean if you buy one of the phones produced in say the first 6 months that it won't have it?
    07-08-11 10:19 AM
    I do not know about you touching it!

We both know that any contact with the device will only increase the pain of waiting.
    I'm down in Tampa and even I am tempted to drive up there! lol
    07-08-11 10:24 AM
    Forget about touching it, this thread is increasing the pain of waiting by 1000%! Like so many others, I'm very stoked for this to come out.
    mssca likes this.
    07-08-11 10:31 AM

Todd
    So... what is the use of 8GB internal mem then?
    07-08-11 11:24 AM
    Maybe someday those of us with limited funds will be able to get a 99XX!
    07-08-11 11:28 AM
    So... what is the use of 8GB internal mem then?
    Music, Pictures, PDF's Excel, Word, etc..
    mssca likes this.
    07-08-11 11:30 AM
    Is it just me or does it not seem that thin next to the 9000? How thick is the 9k? Sorry if this was already stated or asked, I'm driving so no time to read thru all 5 pages. But 9900 is only 1mm thick than the iphone which is too thin imo

07-08-11 01:11 PM
    Hey Todd. Did I read correct? Verizon possibly end of July??
    The VZW device roadmap I've seen shows the Bold 9330 at the "end of July".
    wmonger likes this.
    07-08-11 01:52 PM
146 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD