So I got back from Spring Break vacation last night, and this morning I was doing laundry. I don't know how, but my BB managed to get into the washing machine. I realized this after the laundry was done, unfortunately. The device was wet, but there didn't appear to be any water inside the screen. I currently have the phone and the battery (taken out) sitting on my windowsill in a bag of rice. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to help? What about my SIM and MicroSD cards? I took them out, but I"m not sure if I should give them the rice treatment as well. Please help!
    03-30-13 12:01 PM
    Leaving your SIM and card in the rice will certainly not harm them. Rice was what I would suggest in the first place, leave everything in there for 24 hours and occasionally remove and shake out any excess water. Good luck!
    03-30-13 12:33 PM
    Wow. First, you've probably voided your warranty, if it was still in effect.

The only thing I'd advise is patience. There are descriptions here on using the rice technique...perhaps you've already consulted them. But, considering that your Bold was fully immersed, I'd at least double the process, changing the rice after each period.

Don't turn the device on until you've determined that you're just done with drying. And hope for the best. Contact with the detergent, which is mildly caustic, does not bode well for you, in my opinion.

As for the two cards...just drying those should be sufficient. I would be curious to know the outcome, thouogh...you might be breaking new ground on how survivable an immersion can be.
    03-30-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks to both of you! I'm going to take your advice and just hope for the best.
    03-30-13 12:50 PM
    I would just do what you are doing, by taking everything apart and letting everything sit in rice. Something similar happened to my Captivate Glide in that I accidentally sat it in a puddle of water. It did eventually go back to working properly though water damaged and while I did not wait the whole 24 hours, I do recommend the wait as everyone's case may not be mine. Hope it wotks out.
    03-30-13 03:40 PM
    You can use rubbing alcohol to clean anything inside that has a visible residue and I would also assume the battery is shot since the soapy water conducts electricity which would cause the battery to short.

If you end up needing any new parts that didn't survive mic, speaker, etc. than www​.etradesupply.com is a good place for genuine parts.

Good luck!
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-10-13 at 05:27 AM.
    04-13-13 11:14 PM
    Thanks to both of you! I'm going to take your advice and just hope for the best.
    Just wondering, did your phone survive?
    04-14-13 08:06 AM
    Good tips here, including a vacuum cleaner to such water from the inside, and I've seen a few articles talk about alcohol. http://m.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:15 AM
    Don't use the Vacuum on the internal parts "mainboard". The static electricity will destroy the phone for sure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-10-13 01:46 AM