Besides big screen, T2's improved resolution, processor & memory are also the tempting factors compare to 99xx series rock solid form factor, amazing keyboard and other goodies. Hmmmmm

I will be very much confused to chose between these two.
    07-06-11 08:11 AM
    With out a doubt. Just need a little time but no later than this PM
    Has RIM done anything to improve the Calendar, How is Docs2Go?

Have you done a battery pull? what is your reboot time?

What size battery did your version get?
    07-06-11 08:26 AM
    Currently have a torch and have grown to love it over the last year, but ever so often go back to my 9700...

Waiting for sept for the iPhone 5 launch to see which way to go, do want to go back to the 9000 form factor..
    07-06-11 08:37 AM
    Not. They are preorder and will not result in getting a 9900 any time soon

Like I said the CPU makes such a difference in the entire operation of the device.

I can not lie. You are reading me perfectly.
    marry me.....
    07-06-11 09:17 AM
    This is the delima that I'm having. Does anyone know if/when AT&T is getting the 9900?
    07-06-11 09:20 AM
    I am somewhat torn on which device I want..I currently have the 9800 and I really do like it..I have had no probs with it and I have used many differnt BB's in the past. I was originally really excited about the 9900 but now the T2 is pulling me more. To me the T2 would benefit more from a multimedia stand point. I have an extra upgrade on one that I'm patiently saving..and I know I will prob grab the first device that is released on AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 09:28 AM
    If you prefer a larger screen with a virtual keyboard, an iPhone may be a better choice.
    or the Monaco, if you want a blackberry, if and when it ever comes out...
    07-06-11 10:20 AM
    Don't you think the Blackberry 9900 battery wouldn't be enough for the device?
    07-06-11 11:03 AM
    I'll most probably be holding on to my 9780 (only one week old) until the QNX devices drop next year (or the year after)

The 9900 sure is tempting. Its size and keyboard really is great, having been a former 9000 user. But OS7 does not excite me much. And I prefer the look of my 9780. If only 9900 kept the look of the 9780 but the size of the 9000, I'd definitely buy. Who knows, I might just decide to get one but for sure I won't be one of the early adopters.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Maybe this is what you are looking for?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...-photos-emerge
    boubouhead likes this.
    07-06-11 11:07 AM
    Hello, I got a Torch the week it came out and have been very happy with it. However, a couple of drawbacks that may help you decide are:
    1. I believe it is thicker. The Torch is a bit of a fattie. The 9900 will be thinest ever.
    2. Better screen but as great as the keyboard is (way, way, way better than Motorola Pro) the bold 9900 will be better.

3. The are moving parts to the Torch and this is just one more thing that can go wrong. I have had no problems but dust and other stuff started getting into it in my pocket so I got a hip holster.

4. This next one is minor but I think worth mentioning since bb users like to customize their bb's. I have speed dials for everyone I call regularly. With the 9900 you will just push the key you assigned but with the Torch there is the extra step of sliding it open first. Minor but I've thought about it several times. Hmmm...

It will be a tough choice but the good news is that they will be the best two blackberries out there (in my opinion at least) so you really can't go wrong. Seriously, there are many great phones out there so I'm not going to knock on the iphone or droids but I started with the iPhone, then I moved up to a Tour but got frustrated with the crashing and no wifi on my model so I went to the top of the line droid and missed the keyboard, push e-mail and just hated the battery life so as soon as the Torch came out I came back to blackberry.

Both devices coming out are twice as good as the Torch 1.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    �Nice one, bruv! Like the over-all comparison between berries (generally), Droid and the dreaded fruit (iOs) phones. All of these 3 form factors have their +'s & -'s. However, there's things I love about Berries that I'm sure only are held in high esteme by those that have tried or, currently, own a Berry; such as autotext, the recording and use of speaker phone to talk vs hold the handset to your ear or use headphones (loudspeaker: think or reflect on episodes of where the muppets on the Apprentice used their Berries; as seen & done when they were trying to do a 'deal' on their phone or talking to members of Lord Sugar force). Nuff on that note. However, I think Berries are under appreciated. Their size and capability are amazing for what they do. Like Ronseal, they are designed to "do what it says on the tin".

My question to all you Berry loving boys & girls who own the current BlackBerry Torch (1st Gen Handset) variety, can you download a separate vitual keyboard (than the one that it came with from the factory) to work with your handset, like droid users can? If that's the case, then the BlackBerry Torch (2nd Gen Handset) will be a successful form factor-fast as lightening, portrait or landscape views, the special quirks that go with having a Berry, NFC, and 2 keyboards (virtual & static/normal) all in one phone. Just pray that it can handle QNX when it arrives in 2012. Let me know your thoughts BB Fans. Is the BlackBerry Torch (2nd Gen Handset) gonna be hot or what? Pin me your reply as I might not see this forum as it's buried between 3-4 pages of remarks. My pin is pin:22F53103. Look forward to some replies peep's. ~

Last edited by ARQ-Keighley; 07-06-11 at 12:10 PM.
    07-06-11 12:03 PM
    marry me.....
    I accept!

07-06-11 12:06 PM
    Lookin' good Greg

Quick question... does the ring round the trackpad light up?
    I've seen a few vids lately where it didn't
    07-06-11 12:13 PM
    using a 9800 after having 9000. i love the largr scrn of 9800 -the keybrds were not as bad as i feard in beginning. i do greatly miss the 9000 kb. sooo, now that we all have pbs we could all jump to the 9900 and request app development for optional use /connection of 9900 kb with /to 7" & 10" pbs. that, i think, would b sweet.
    07-06-11 01:49 PM
    Ive had a 9700 for a year and a half and have loved it. About a week ago I had to have my damaged 9700 replaced by a Torch, which I figured Ill use just until the 9900 is released, which I have been planning to buy on release day.

I gotta admit, it took a few days, but Im really starting to come around to liking the Torch screen and getting used to the phone. I might have to take a look at both the Torch 2 and 9900 before I make a final decision, thanks to the past week Ive had with my Torch. And this is coming from someone who bought a Torch on release day and sold it a few days later because I wasnt a fan.
    07-06-11 03:06 PM
    Ive had a 9700 for a year and a half and have loved it. About a week ago I had to have my damaged 9700 replaced by a Torch, which I figured Ill use just until the 9900 is released, which I have been planning to buy on release day.

I gotta admit, it took a few days, but Im really starting to come around to liking the Torch screen and getting used to the phone. I might have to take a look at both the Torch 2 and 9900 before I make a final decision, thanks to the past week Ive had with my Torch. And this is coming from someone who bought a Torch on release day and sold it a few days later because I wasnt a fan.
    I really like my Torch - especially the larger screen. I was initially worried about slider wobble, but it's been really solid. I may go Torch 2 when it lands...
    07-06-11 03:42 PM
    Lookin' good Greg

Quick question... does the ring round the trackpad light up?
    I've seen a few vids lately where it didn't
    Yes it lights up on mine. This light around the trackpad is the last light to fade out as the device times out from non-use.

For those who hate the horizonal tray thing, RIM give you a "Manage Trays" where you can edit which will be available. That works great!
    07-06-11 04:35 PM
    Yes it lights up on mine. This light around the trackpad is the last light to fade out as the device times out from non-use.

For those who hate the horizonal tray thing, RIM give you a "Manage Trays" where you can edit which will be available. That works great!
    So jealous, what more can you tell or better yet show us?

07-06-11 04:53 PM
    I need to move to a new thread as I do not want to ruin this one.

I will start a new thread with images.
    07-06-11 04:59 PM
    I need to move to a new thread as I do not want to ruin this one.

I will start a new thread with images.
    Is it the Blackberry 9900's battery life, better than or equal to the BB 9700?

Thanks
    07-06-11 05:16 PM
    At least equal, will take a few more days to see.
    purijagmohan and bighap like this.
    07-06-11 05:25 PM
    i would pick the touch... a slider i worry about im kinda rough with my phone lol
    07-06-11 07:04 PM
    I think I'm going to go with the 9900. I would like a larger screen but I love the slim form factor and I think that the build quality will be better. And I'm surprised that they didn't overhaul the Torch 2. But call me weird but I like the Torch keyboard, more so than the Bold's.

07-06-11 08:18 PM
    I prefer the Torch, because reading sites on the Torch is easier - the long portrait view is quite alright.

The keyboard isn't as nice, but not a deal breaker for me.

To me it's amusing hearing people calling for a landscape slider instead - you just can't type one handed.

If only they find ways to reduce the weight...

I agree with all of the above. My only real grip about the Torch is the weight. My wife has my old 9700 and every time I touch it I wish the 9800 was lighter.
    07-06-11 08:46 PM
    I really like my Torch - especially the larger screen. I was initially worried about slider wobble, but it's been really solid. I may go Torch 2 when it lands...
    How long have you had the torch? And have you seen any wobble at all? That was a concern of mine about a bb slider, so I'm just curious to hear how yours holds up.
    07-06-11 09:12 PM
    How long have you had the torch? And have you seen any wobble at all? That was a concern of mine about a bb slider, so I'm just curious to hear how yours holds up.
    I've had it since release and had a little movement from the get-go, but it hasn't got any worse and I don't notice it at all. I like my Torch (other than it being underpowered, which will change in the new model) and as seriously tempted by the Torch 2, although I want to compare the two before I buy. It's likely, of course, that BlackBerry will make the Torch 2 slider better than that of the Torch 1.
    07-07-11 03:39 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD