The problem: When using the video camera it periodically records no sound and during play back just a hiss and clicking noises are heard.

At first I thought this was a hardware problem, but the voice notes application records sound flawlessly. It should be noted that from time to time the video camera IS able to record audio, but the majority of the time it has the problems I mentioned above.

We have uninstalled all 3rd party apps, wiped the device, even loaded a new OS version - nothing has fixed the problem.

Does anyone on here have a recommendation or suggestion for us to try? Very aggravating.

Other info: My dad bought his BlackBerry through a friend working at RIM using the Employee-Purchase-Program about 1.5 years ago so it is likely no longer under warranty.
    07-04-13 12:11 PM
    The problem: When using the video camera it periodically records no sound and during play back just a hiss and clicking noises are heard.

At first I thought this was a hardware problem, but the voice notes application records sound flawlessly. It should be noted that from time to time the video camera IS able to record audio, but the majority of the time it has the problems I mentioned above.

We have uninstalled all 3rd party apps, wiped the device, even loaded a new OS version - nothing has fixed the problem.

Does anyone on here have a recommendation or suggestion for us to try? Very aggravating.

Other info: My dad bought his BlackBerry through a friend working at RIM using the Employee-Purchase-Program about 1.5 years ago so it is likely no longer under warranty.
    Seems like you've tried everything...bumping in case someone can help
    07-06-13 05:26 PM