Im using a BB 9900 and since last week the top of the screen suddenly stoped responding to the touch.

The screen works normaly except for the top. So in some apps like the the browser or facebook, I cant access the buttons on the top like the address bar,tabs or the navigation grill on FB and other options through the touch screen.

I tried to baterry pulls, wipe the device and reload the OS but it didnt worked, the top wont respond.

My os version is 7.1.0.861

Previously I was using the 7.1.0.794 when it begun.

I dont know if its the OS problem, but I hope to hear from someone that could help me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    03-14-13 11:45 AM
    May I ask... Did you happen to drop it a few times or get that part of the screen (where the speaker is) wet, or any form of moisture (sweat included) made contact with it?

When you wiped, and reloaded, did you skip restoring a backup and then checked to see if the top part of the screen worked? Like touching the time/date area to get the manage connections selection to show up? If it works then, that could mean a corrupt setting is affecting it.

I suggest reloading, then restoring via blackberry protect if you haven't done so already. This will exclude any options that, in a full backup, could be causing issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 08:36 PM