Keeps gettin' better and better.
    RIM needs to hurry it up. Hopefully we hear something by the end on July.
    07-10-11 03:04 AM
    Dammit, I need this phone Yesterday! My 9000 (bless its heart) is in need of retirement, it's done a great job but needs to rest now.
    market58 and valtter like this.
    07-10-11 04:06 AM
    Too bad it's too late for RIM to "get it right". Btw how are people getting these phones?
    It is not too late, you wait and see. Some people have connections.
    07-10-11 05:50 AM
    One thing I just discovered and really appreciate is the pinch to zoom on the touch screen. Very easy to use and nice added feature. Also scrolling verticall and horizontally is very fast and smooth. I just upgraded the OS to 7.0.0.187.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Keep us informed about the new OS update. I plan on doing mine today but did not want to brick the device so soon

Good to hear yours is working fine and you are enjoying!
    07-10-11 05:57 AM
    can't wait for the release. I'm very looking for the pleasure to use touch screen and keyboard.
    07-10-11 06:07 AM
    You know, I think it's safe to say that the 9900 is the most object I've ever anticipated in my life.

I'm not sure how my reaction would be once I get a chance to play with one... Orgasmic perhaps?
    What he said!!! ^^^

I think about the 9900 at home, in the shower, on the toilet, in the car, at work, in bed, etc. I would say 99% of the time when I'm on my 9780, I'm researchng the 9900 (on crackberry ), hoping for a release date to pop up already!
    paolomusic likes this.
    07-10-11 06:16 AM
    You are fortunate to state that you received a bold 9900 but I have to say that although the 9900 may be superior to the Torch, the Torch touch screen is the best to date on a blackberry and the keyboard is clearly BB quality.
    I will seriously consider the Bold Touch but I do love the Torch. As of today, the Torch is the fastest and has the biggest and most responsive display outside the Storm and I must say, the touchscreen experience on that device did need improvements.
    I think the touchscreen on the Torch is Nice! Zero issues with it so far. It will be a tough call between the T2 and the 9900.
    07-10-11 07:38 AM
    The OS update went smooth and everything is working great.

Keep us informed about the new OS update. I plan on doing mine today but did not want to brick the device so soon

Good to hear yours is working fine and you are enjoying!
    07-10-11 07:44 AM
    Let me clarify, I charged the battery to a full charge. Have had the device on since charging using web, sms, bbm and twitter. I just checked the battery and its 85%. I think I gave the impression that I have been using the device non stop since charging and that would be incorrect. I have had some down time, stand by, etc. I think it will take several days of use to get an accurate battery discharge rate.

BTW - Shouldn't you be at Howie's house?
    Wow and u said your service is not always the greatest where your at? Thats still great batt life! When I was on Sprint and my service was not the greatest it had a huge effect on the batt life. I know the Gsm network handles the batt better though right? Cant wait to get this or the 9810!
    07-10-11 07:45 AM
    I have no idea, mine just arrived via UPS over night shipping from a friend. Maybe you need better friends. LOL
    Yes how is everyone on crackberry but me getting one of these phones!

07-10-11 07:47 AM
    Well as it has been mentioned many times before, the upgrade to 45nm, more efficient processors helps. I guess a lot of software optimization has been done. I'll be happy if it just lasts the entire day comfortably as I charge every night. Lately, I've had to charge my 9550 2-3x a day. I have been using it heavily though, but still...pretty unacceptable.
    With the recent os upgrade on the torch .600 build I get through the day easily with moderate to heavy use. Now when I had my bold 9650 I was like u charging it atleast twice a day.
    07-10-11 07:49 AM
    I have no idea, mine just arrived via UPS over night shipping from a friend. Maybe you need better friends. LOL

It seems Att maybe getting it first? Everyone I noticed testing it has att. I can only hope!
    07-10-11 07:53 AM
    It seems Att maybe getting it first? Everyone I noticed testing it has att. I can only hope!
    I wish that were so but it is really that only that a couple of AT&T users happe to have the 9900.

It is showing AT&T on the device screen because it has a AT&T SIM in the device. These devices are unbranded and unlocked

But, AT&T will get is first as they are the best carrier and have the best network!
    DawgMan and anon(73368) like this.
    07-10-11 08:07 AM
    I wish that were so but it is really that only that a couple of AT&T users happe to have the 9900.

It is showing AT&T on the device screen because it has a AT&T SIM in the device. These devices are unbranded and unlocked

But, AT&T will get is first as they are the best carrier and have the best network!
    LOL, in your opinion.
    07-10-11 08:13 AM
    I know that where I live, Charleston, WV, AT&T does have the best coverage with Verizon a strong second. I mentioned in an earlier post about the geography of the state causing a lack of solid coverage. For example, I live inside the city limits of Charleston and at my home, with At&T I usually only get Edge, with Verizon, the service is even worse. That combined with the fact that WV really doesn't have the large metro areas means we will not see drastic improvements any time soon.

LOL, in your opinion.
    07-10-11 08:25 AM
    LOL, in your opinion.
    What do you mean, I know the reason it says AT&T is that it has a AT&T SIM in it!
    07-10-11 08:26 AM
    What do you mean, I know the reason it says AT&T is that it has a AT&T SIM in it!
    Commenting on your comment that AT&T is the best carrier with the best network. All depends on where you live plus they are the only one (so far) to charge for bridge browsing on the playbook.
    07-10-11 08:28 AM
    I know that where I live, Charleston, WV, AT&T does have the best coverage with Verizon a strong second. I mentioned in an earlier post about the geography of the state causing a lack of solid coverage. For example, I live inside the city limits of Charleston and at my home, with At&T I usually only get Edge, with Verizon, the service is even worse. That combined with the fact that WV really doesn't have the large metro areas means we will not see drastic improvements any time soon.
    Forgot to mention but AT&T has a device that will bost your in house 3G signal. A friend of mine out in the country had near no reception and AT&T sent his a device that gave him full bars anywhere on his property.
    07-10-11 08:30 AM

Agreed!! Just switched from Sprint and its not even close! Very pleased so far and att usually gets the bb's first
    07-10-11 08:34 AM
    I will definitely need to check into that. Thanks.

Forgot to mention but AT&T has a device that will bost your in house 3G signal. A friend of mine out in the country had near no reception and AT&T sent his a device that gave him full bars anywhere on his property.
    07-10-11 08:35 AM
    I will definitely need to check into that. Thanks.
    I think it's called a microcell. You hook it to your broadband and it routes your calls through the internet to get to the cell network. I think.
    DawgMan likes this.
    07-10-11 08:42 AM
    Does it have HotSpot?
    07-10-11 08:51 AM
    I did a full charge before noon and after heavy use of bbm, sms and web browsing I'm at 90%.
    Nice. If it goes a full day with normal to heavy use that's good enough for me. My 9650 does not make a full day when I travel. When I did a trial w/ 9700 it was much better than my Tour at the time.
    07-10-11 08:53 AM
    I have a customer with one of those. He started with a really crappy signal, boosted it, and ended up with full bars of really crappy signal. Not a great thing, for him at least.
    07-10-11 09:33 AM
    Are younsaying that the device showed full bars of service but in reality the device was still getting the same poor reception?

I have a customer with one of those. He started with a really crappy signal, boosted it, and ended up with full bars of really crappy signal. Not a great thing, for him at least.
    07-10-11 09:39 AM
308 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD