I created one haha, if this gmail thing isn't resolved soon I'm changing my email to that and the hotmail account.
    09-29-16 01:17 PM
    Another email server (AOL/AIM) are having issues with their server and more people are reporting on this than the Gmail because it affects the users while signing in on desktop or any device, you can see the many complaints on downdetector.com/status/aol

I only discovered this because I was going to add the AOL to my blackberry again but was having issues signing in on my desktop and noticed there's something wrong. So, with two email servers down and causing issues this definitely looks more and more like a cyber attack, I really hope that Hotmail stays safe, at least until Gmail is fixed. I also saw on twitter that some android users are reporting Gmail outages too which is an awful sign because that's their Operating System, maybe we will have to create an @blackberry.com email to avoid all these issues haha.
    Took your suggestion :
    Am now forwarding to my BlackBerry email.

Great work around - Many thanks !!
    09-29-16 01:35 PM
    guess what! I just got 131 Gmails from CB notifs sent to me!

So they fixed it lets hope!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    idssteve likes this.
    09-29-16 01:56 PM
    Gmail is back with a vengeance I've over 100 emails coming in right now
    09-29-16 01:58 PM
    Gmail is back with a vengeance I've over 100 emails coming in right now
    Got this notif too

09-29-16 02:03 PM
    It was only one of my gmail accounts, the most important one haha, I hope the other 2 come back over the next few hours, I might try AOL and see what's going on with that situation. I often wondered why there was no red G logo in a white envelop like the Hotmail icon logo for Gmail accounts?
    09-29-16 02:06 PM
    I give up. I don't use G ANYthing! My malfunctioning trackpad just started working! No joke!! There's NO way ANYthing at google could possibly mess with my trackpad but... Its working perfectly now.

Just checked with coworker experiencing identical TP problems... Her's is working perfectly now also!!! This can NOT possibly be related!!! Ahrg!!! Wish I'd have thought to try it with radios turned off... Idk. Idk.

All seems well for now. Back to work, at least.
    09-29-16 02:06 PM
    It could have been a massive attack on multiple places? Or maybe the legacy devices are grieving for the "death of blackberry" haha
    09-29-16 02:07 PM
    It could have been a massive attack on multiple places? Or maybe the legacy devices are grieving for the "death of blackberry" haha
    Haha. Idk. I'm open to ANY explanation, at this point. Too much too coincidental this last day. "Breakroom theories" range from solar flares to Stuxnet... Lol. Grief sounds most likely. Lol.
    09-29-16 02:22 PM
    It was definitely grief because my 9900 had a strange anomaly happen, I pressed my shortcut button to open the memo pad and got a message saying it activate the screen resources or something like that, so I opened the memo pad by searching for it in the search bar and got the same response, I rebooted the phone and it was ok but it was such a strange message to see, there's two strange messages that I haven't seen and I had my 9900 for two years one about the wifi and the other about not being able to open the memo pad. There's definitely some strange things going on because my iphone is getting some things happening to it too.
    09-29-16 02:26 PM
    I give up. I don't use G ANYthing! My malfunctioning trackpad just started working! No joke!! There's NO way ANYthing at google could possibly mess with my trackpad but... Its working perfectly now.

Just checked with coworker experiencing identical TP problems... Her's is working perfectly now also!!! This can NOT possibly be related!!! Ahrg!!! Wish I'd have thought to try it with radios turned off... Idk. Idk.

All seems well for now. Back to work, at least.
    OK this is REALLY getting weird!!!!! I went downstairs and my flat tire was fixed on my car and also the broken step on my stairwell sealed itself!!!

OK OK just joking But ya, things have been weird.

But thank you Blackberry

Now to test the iphone

09-29-16 04:10 PM
    It was only one of my gmail accounts, the most important one haha, I hope the other 2 come back over the next few hours, I might try AOL and see what's going on with that situation. I often wondered why there was no red G logo in a white envelop like the Hotmail icon logo for Gmail accounts?
    I never even thought to test my other gmail account! I did try the "Reconcile Now" option while in my White envelope icon but of course that wasn't helping.

Would sure like to know what caused this 2 day headache.

09-29-16 04:11 PM
    "Blackberry 9900, still making Magic happen" see, they should hire me to write their slogans!

They are now saved ^_^

idssteve likes this.
    09-29-16 04:13 PM
    Gmail still not working correctly on my 99.

Was able to send one message from Hotmail (on my laptop) & received to Gmail on my 99. Not able to send from hotmail on 99 to Gmail.

No backed up messages have come flooding through. Still just showing Tuesday.

Very odd, only new arrivals in Gmail are notifications of posts in the Gmail help forum.

09-29-16 05:16 PM
    Gmail still not working correctly on my 99.

Was able to send one message from Hotmail (on my laptop) & received to Gmail on my 99. Not able to send from hotmail on 99 to Gmail.

No backed up messages have come flooding through. Still just showing Tuesday.

Very odd, only new arrivals in Gmail are notifications of posts in the Gmail help forum.

Never actually tried sending a Mail after I got the flood of all my CB notifications so I just assume the Gmail works.
    09-29-16 05:30 PM
    Never actually tried sending a Mail after I got the flood of all my CB notifications so I just assume the Gmail works.
    For whatever reason yes I've been getting notifications. Lots of them.

But that's it.

09-29-16 05:47 PM

But that's it.

Ok you are correct, I am not able to send an email on gmail yet, but like you I am getting ALL my notifs from sicial media now including here.

Hotmail is working good, just tested that also.

09-29-16 06:03 PM

But that's it.

Sorry I spoke too soon!

My buddy DID get my gmail and replied back. Mine all seems to be working now BUT the email took 15 minutes to get there.

09-29-16 06:09 PM
    I think the Blackberry news hit me today but I realized something, Blackberry will still be around in one form or another and we still have our devices we dig using, so it's not like anyone is taking them away from us.

Ok that was a long sentence, I realize, but who can blame me for wanting to type on this clicky epic KB.

So things may not be as bad as it seems. Hopefully, it is not like we will wake up tomorrow and our 99's will cease to work, even though we had a taste of that with the Google outage or whatever you want to call the last 2 days.

I'm still rocking this thing, all my apps work fast and reliably with NO issues now and glad to have that Gmail back.

Hope you all get it back soon, if it isn't now I am betting it will be by tomorrow.

idssteve and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-29-16 06:27 PM
    I think the Blackberry news hit me today but I realized something, Blackberry will still be around in one form or another and we still have our devices we dig using, so it's not like anyone is taking them away from us.
    That's the conclusion I reached, as well. Nothing really changed, BlackBerry just made official what had already been happening. If the phones still do what you want them to do just keep on using them. Enjoy that BlackBerry goodness as long as it lasts.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    09-29-16 06:45 PM
    That's the conclusion I reached, as well. Nothing really changed, BlackBerry just made official what had already been happening. If the phones still do what you want them to do just keep on using them. Enjoy that BlackBerry goodness as long as it lasts.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    This vid that Berryflow just posted (I'm sure you saw it) puts me at ease a bit. Looks like the Canadian Parliament talking about Blackberry and he mentions a lot of devices we will still be able to use, etc.....

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bF1uvsyhmaw

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-29-16 06:47 PM
    I created one haha, if this gmail thing isn't resolved soon I'm changing my email to that and the hotmail account.
    What I love about the 9900 is that we can select which email we want to use to send that email out, just click the drop arrow at the top and they all appear. I was going to switch to iphone but them I remembered this. I usually just use whatever the default is set to and never bother changing it, unless we have to for something like this issue.

09-29-16 07:02 PM
    This vid that Berryflow just posted (I'm sure you saw it) puts me at ease a bit. Looks like the Canadian Parliament talking about Blackberry and he mentions a lot of devices we will still be able to use, etc.....

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bF1uvsyhmaw

That's Queens Park.
    09-29-16 08:43 PM
    That's Queens Park.
    ah Toronto

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-29-16 08:49 PM
    Anyone suggest a non big-three email client? Do not like Yahoo.
    I assume that you mean a service? I use and like GMX.com. It's based in Germany.
    09-29-16 08:58 PM
8,754 ... 114115116117118 ...