Rogers only ever offers the 6GB plan when an iPhone is launching. I've had it since 2008. They messed up my bill a few months ago and now I even get a $5/month credit for the rest of my term.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 09:53 AM
    In regards to the Bold 9900......

For those of you who wants a totally unbranded device, Bell and Virgin Mobile Canada would be it....Discounted price for Bell would be attached to a 3 year contract, while Virgin has the "tab" (a financing system for your phone kinda deal) if you leave, you will have to pay the balance but no early cancelation fees. Given the trend of past devices like the bold 9780, it will be sold @ around $599

Koodo & Windmobile have the tab system as well; although Windmobile will likely carry the new berry lineup.(trend @ windmobile $500 for the 9900 while the 9780 will drop to $450.... not sure as to how much the 9810 and 9860 will be)

Rogers, as mentioned in previous posts, seems to stick with $549.00 (device only)

the Bold 9900 @ Mobilicity will most likely be @ $599.00

Telus will usually be the highest @ $649 (device only) and Telus units have in the past been Canadian Made..... i dont know if they have switched over like bell have since they went to SIM cards. I know the BOLD 9700 i bought @ Telus for use on Rogers was Made In Canada....... i have a Mexican Bold 9780 from Virgin Mobile completely unbranded.

As for US (T-Mobile Users) who need the 1700/2100 MHz Bands to rubn on their system for 3G+ ..... Keep an eye out for Windmobile and Mobilicity (and Videotron in Quebec) as to when theyre going to carry the new berrys if you plan to buy one here in Canada. They run on the 1700/2100 AWS.

Dont take my word on the prices..... they are only from my observation from passed device launches of the 9700 and 9780. Also, since RIM just started making the torch 9810 (and 9860) with the 1700/2100 AWS bands active, i dont know how much our AWS cqrriers will price them at.

Hope this is helpful for those who cant wait =)
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-07-11 09:59 AM
    If an existing Rogers customer wanted to buy it outright from Rogers on launch day, what would be the best way to avoid the "we're only selling to new customers or contract extensions right now" line? Would it be to buy from a Rogers Store, a Best Buy / Future shop a Wireless Wave? Morning of release 9am with a wallet filled with cash set aside for the 9900 - where do you go?
    08-07-11 10:06 AM
    If an existing Rogers customer wanted to buy it outright from Rogers on launch day, what would be the best way to avoid the "we're only selling to new customers or contract extensions right now" line? Would it be to buy from a Rogers Store, a Best Buy / Future shop a Wireless Wave? Morning of release 9am with a wallet filled with cash set aside for the 9900 - where do you go?
    My first Stop would be a FutureShop, followed by a smaller Rogers corporate Store, then wireless wave, then finally Best buy if I was to Rank my best chances.

If you have money in hand, FutureShop is the best choice IMO, the Off chance they don't let you buy it, ask to Speak to the manager, and if he says no, say I'd like to speak to your regional manager, the manager will not want to have to hear about a single sale issue over a customer wanting to buy 1 device and they will just sell it as long they have pricing in their system

jinxednuance and Brazen9000 like this.
    08-07-11 10:29 AM
    I am yet to have an issue buying a Rogers Blackberry on, or even before, launch at Rogers retail stores. Generally I start calling rogers stores a day or two before it is due out, and someone will be willing to sell it to you! I have done this for the 8900, 9700, and 9780 thus far, and only the 9780 was an HUP.
    08-07-11 10:51 AM
    i've had this happen to me with the 9700...

i walked into the store on "launch" day and the first guy said they don't have it yet.. the girl next to him said they did.. she brought one out.. i paid cash for it (even though i was a rogers customer already) she said no i cannot as it's only for upgrades..

I was shocked!! i told her that she's treating existing customers worse then a new person that walks in off the street ... she refused.. i spoke to the manager and he refused... i then told him i will contact Rogers head office directly and report his store .. at that point he said ok because he was a flagship ROGERS store.. not a retailer..

which tells me that they are not selling outright because they are not making any money by signing someone up on a contract.

here is a quote from RogersMiranda from the Rogers Redboards:

You’ll be able to buy the device at full price if you want, regardless of whether or not you have an existing contract. If this happens to you in the future, email details to us at [email protected]
    08-07-11 04:11 PM
    wait...am i missing something here? its 549 for rogers now? wasnt it 599 for rogers just a few days ago?

anyways, i have a preorder at BBY ready for me, just hoping they'll sell it outright, they have no clue however of whats going on with it.

my back up plan will probably be a rogers store if anything. i gotta have it morning of!

edit: saw the post again, it is 549, missed it
    Last edited by shankeith; 08-07-11 at 04:42 PM.
    08-07-11 04:24 PM
    Hi,
    Sorry if this question has been covered before, but I'm really hung up on it...
    I ordered a phone from Rogers online. when I get it do I have to unlock it? Also is it branded, and what does that entail??? Do I have to worry about the branding?
    Thanks guys and gals
    08-24-11 10:33 AM
    Branding is the Boot up Screen with Rogers Logo and a Rogers Logo on the bottom of the device itself

longtail likes this.
    08-24-11 10:38 AM
    Does that affect the way the phone works?
    08-24-11 10:40 AM
    No, it doesn't affect how the phone works. It is asthetics.

longtail likes this.
    08-24-11 10:56 AM
    For those of you who wants a totally unbranded device, Bell and Virgin Mobile Canada would be it....Discounted price for Bell would be attached to a 3 year contract, while Virgin has the "tab" (a financing system for your phone kinda deal) if you leave, you will have to pay the balance but no early cancelation fees. Given the trend of past devices like the bold 9780, it will be sold @ around $599

Koodo & Windmobile have the tab system as well; although Windmobile will likely carry the new berry lineup.(trend @ windmobile $500 for the 9900 while the 9780 will drop to $450.... not sure as to how much the 9810 and 9860 will be)

Rogers, as mentioned in previous posts, seems to stick with $549.00 (device only)

the Bold 9900 @ Mobilicity will most likely be @ $599.00

Telus will usually be the highest @ $649 (device only)
    FYI for Quebec residents, it's the law that if you want out of your contract your ETA would only be the balance on your subsidized phone.

So if you're in Quebec it really makes no difference to buy outright or on contract...
    08-24-11 11:16 AM
    Bought a $549 Rogers Bold 9900 at costco yesterday. The Bell was selling for $599. They also do a three-year extended warranty for $50, which if you don't use it can be redeemed for a costco gift card.

The sales rep, at first, thought the price was $599 like Bell. I had to push her to look up the Rogers price specifically.
    08-25-11 01:13 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD