The lads tell me fingernail polish remover. Could have knocked me over with a feather. I imagine new parts will be on eBay soon enough if it gets screwed up a bit.

As far as unlocking goes, there's word around that it's easy and cheap. Would the newer OS cause a potential problem with that though?

I usually peal off most of the cotton off of a Q-tip and so I can apply the nailpolish remover only to the lettering, a fine paintbrush also works, then some buffing with a microfiber cloth most likely will take multiple applications if you want to protect as much of the finish as possible,

do a single letter first to check on the material reactions but it has worked on every Branded phone I've had.
    08-06-11 09:21 AM
    Or you can just buy a Bell unbranded phone.
    08-06-11 09:34 AM
    Just got off the phone with Bell, according to their computers the off contract price (30 days) is showing at $599.95 so $678 after taxes in Canada.
    Last edited by boys_inter; 08-06-11 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    08-06-11 09:34 AM
    Or you can just buy a Bell unbranded phone.
    When you say unbranded, do you also mean the boot-up screen lacks the carrier logo as well?
    08-06-11 09:38 AM
    When you say unbranded, do you also mean the boot-up screen lacks the carrier logo as well?
    Splash screen still shows BELL in big blue caps
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-06-11 09:45 AM
    I've had a Bell branded 9300, 9780 and Torch and all 3 phones did not have carrier logo on the phones and all 3 did not have Bell splash screen nor wallpaper. Goes from boot screen straight to security verification.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 10:13 AM
    Yes. Nothing related to Bell appears except their Bookmark inside the Browser. Otherwise you can never tell it's a Bell brand.
    Last edited by jinxednuance; 08-06-11 at 11:00 AM.
    08-06-11 10:57 AM
    When I've used the recent Bell phones on Rogers, those bookmarks don't appear because it has Rogers service books I guess. I also don't get the carrier pushed junk link icons. I will be buying a Bell 9900 when it comes out, hopefully on the 15th.

08-06-11 11:53 AM
    If I lived in Canada, and was a BlackBerry kinda guy, I would easily take $549 over $249 and be stuck for three years. Three-year contracts sound absurd to me.
    Yeah, I do live in Canada and I'm thinking that's what I'll be doing.

08-06-11 11:58 AM
    Canadian on Rogers here, and i will be buying this device flat out no contract. That way, next year when my upgrade permits it i can just upgrade to a QNX phone if needed be. But honestly, the 9900 is one kick *** device and i doubt il need to upgrade next year

At first i was worried that these devices would run me 650+ tax but now that im assured $549 i feel a lot better about it
    08-06-11 01:30 PM
    Canadian on Rogers here, and i will be buying this device flat out no contract. That way, next year when my upgrade permits it i can just upgrade to a QNX phone if needed be. But honestly, the 9900 is one kick *** device and i doubt il need to upgrade next year

At first i was worried that these devices would run me 650+ tax but now that im assured $549 i feel a lot better about it
    This x1000, except I'd prob. upgrade to QNX when it's out.
    08-06-11 01:42 PM
    same for my torch from rogers. not branded at all. thinking very hard to find 550$ in my budget..live in my car for a mth and save the rent would work just fine
    08-06-11 03:38 PM
    Starting to get frustrated with Rogers.. give us a friggin date.
    08-06-11 05:08 PM
    I agree. Come on Rogers. Lead the pack

08-06-11 05:12 PM
    Just got off the phone with Bell, according to their computers the off contract price (30 days) is showing at $599.95 so $678 after taxes in Canada.
    you must be from Toronto..

That is the Price in Ontario yes,

But different provinces have different taxation, so the after tax price will differ greatly across the country.
    08-06-11 09:20 PM

But different provinces have different taxation, so the after tax price will differ greatly across the country.
    Is there a positive correlation between heavy taxation like Quebec; and quality of life, in general. Granted, I do have family in Toronto; I'd like to see another perspective about this

Sent from my ADR6300
    08-06-11 09:34 PM
    Is there a positive correlation between heavy taxation like Quebec; and quality of life, in general. Granted, I do have family in Toronto; I'd like to see another perspective about this

Sent from my ADR6300
    No Taxation and quality of life don't have a direct correlation.

I would say Alberta, BC, and Ontario probably have the best over all quality of life, and their taxation is drastically different.

Quality of life is attempted to be balanced through what our government calls transfer payments. this could become a VERY lengthy and very angry discussion

EDIT
    and my comment in relationship to Toronto, is
    Torontonians generally consider themselves CANADA, they are the centre of the universe and what happens in Toronto is indicative of the entire country.
    ( the Majority of my Family in Canada live in Toronto, and my Office is there too)
    Last edited by deRusett; 08-06-11 at 09:48 PM.
    08-06-11 09:44 PM

Yes my apologies, forgot to cite that. Different provinces, different guidelines, although they wont be to far off.
    08-06-11 10:16 PM
    Yes my apologies, forgot to cite that. Different provinces, different guidelines, although they wont be to far off.
    Sales taxes in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

no it wont be, the rates vary from 5% to 15.5% which is as much as a $55 difference
    boys_inter likes this.
    08-06-11 10:23 PM
    Sales taxes in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

no it wont be, the rates vary from 5% to 15.5% which is as much as a $55 difference
    Good to know, should head out west to grab my 9900
    08-06-11 10:27 PM
    Good to know, should head out west to grab my 9900

I am tempted to get my coworker to pick it up for me and ship it to my office, would probably save me $50 but the 3 days in transit would probably kill me! haha
    08-06-11 10:35 PM

I'm actually in the same boat. For the added upgrade fee due to the change in HUP terms, it's not worth the savings in my eyes (for me it's somewhere around $60).

I've been looking over that new $30/6GB plan, and I don't think it's worth it either to switch (I have the original one). If I do, I think I'll get dinged that paper billing fee just for making a change to my account/plan.

I have my name on a list, and I have already earmarked the money. The 9900 should be an amazing device.
    08-06-11 10:38 PM
    I signed up for the 6gb data plan with Rogers over 3 years ago. I decided to lock in another 3 years for the data only. It took Rogers over 3 years to offer this plan again. If you're out of contract, Rogers can increase the price on the 6gb at anytime. I didn't want to risk it. Also if Rogers ever come out with a better data plan, I can always switch it.
    08-06-11 10:47 PM
    I signed up for the 6gb data plan with Rogers over 3 years ago. I decided to lock in another 3 years for the data only. It took Rogers over 3 years to offer this plan again. If you're out of contract, Rogers can increase the price on the 6gb at anytime. I didn't want to risk it. Also if Rogers ever come out with a better data plan, I can always switch it.
    Good point about the price. I think my data plan's term ends sometime in September.

Has anyone heard of which accessories will be out right at launch? I'll probably get two desktop charging pods (one for home and one for office). I'm hoping a screen protector also comes out at launch.
    08-06-11 11:10 PM
    Good point about the price. I think my data plan's term ends sometime in September.

Has anyone heard of which accessories will be out right at launch? I'll probably get two desktop charging pods (one for home and one for office). I'm hoping a screen protector also comes out at launch.

The 6gb data plan is being offered until September 30th. I'm pretty sure you can extend it now if you want to.

I think charging pods might be the first. That seems to be the case everytime I bought a BlackBerry when it first launches.
    08-06-11 11:26 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD