I've got OS 7.x.x.317 installed on my 9900, running all the same settings as on my old 9780. Everyone is preaching about the amazing battery life on the 9900 (even BGR!) but mine has been well, brutal. And I've given it a few days, because the first few were full of reboots, installations, OS updates, purposeful heavy usage etc.

I used to have my 9780 bridged ALL The time, but only ran core apps plus UberSocial with a 5 min refresh rate. I could get through a day absolutely no problem, 6:30 am - 1 am the next day.

However I've even backed off the UberSocial refresh to 10 mins, AND I've stopped leaving my PlayBook bridged...but the battery life is absolutely sucking. It's lunch time and I'm down to 54.

Is anyone having the same issues with this OS? Everything performs absolutely incredibly...but I need better battery life than this, and I'm just confused because everyone has raved about the battery life specifically.

^ I'm not making any airhead mistakes either, everything is set pretty sensibly. I didn't notice the battery life being any good when I had the out-of-the-box OS installed either.

Thoughts/suggestions?
    08-12-11 12:09 PM
    For the record I absolutely love this thing.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    08-12-11 12:11 PM
    I've got OS 7.x.x.317 installed on my 9900, running all the same settings as on my old 9780. Everyone is preaching about the amazing battery life on the 9900 (even BGR!) but mine has been well, brutal. And I've given it a few days, because the first few were full of reboots, installations, OS updates, purposeful heavy usage etc.

I used to have my 9780 bridged ALL The time, but only ran core apps plus UberSocial with a 5 min refresh rate. I could get through a day absolutely no problem, 6:30 am - 1 am the next day.

However I've even backed off the UberSocial refresh to 10 mins, AND I've stopped leaving my PlayBook bridged...but the battery life is absolutely sucking. It's lunch time and I'm down to 54.

Is anyone having the same issues with this OS? Everything performs absolutely incredibly...but I need better battery life than this, and I'm just confused because everyone has raved about the battery life specifically.

^ I'm not making any airhead mistakes either, everything is set pretty sensibly. I didn't notice the battery life being any good when I had the out-of-the-box OS installed either.

Thoughts/suggestions?
    i have .317 as well .. loaded it yesterday...

i posted in another thread this morning that my discharge rate was 2-3%.. but now it's up at 9% with more use, browsing, bbm, installing and deleting some apps..

i'm at 55%.. took it off the charger at 8am.. pretty bad..

but with a new OS it takes about a day or two to settle down.. i'll give it another day and see what happens..
    08-12-11 12:18 PM
    Wait for the battery to be properlly calibrated or in other terms, wait for it to settle. The phone is the new, the battery is new. Give it a few days. Plus you have to wait for the OS to settle in to.

For me though i am a HEAVY user and its 1:18pm and i have 65% left and it got off the charger at 5:30am today. Pretty good in my opinion for only having it for 3 days so far. PS i am on rogers default firmware (7.0.0.261)
    Last edited by Ganon541; 08-12-11 at 12:20 PM. Reason: add mroe info
    08-12-11 12:19 PM
    I suppose I should give it another day or two...but it's really shocking how bad it is given that tons of guys are reporting INSANE battery life right off the bat.

And with modern lithium-ions we shouldn't have to be worrying about battery cycle memory and all that garbage...
    08-12-11 12:25 PM
    im going on 26 hours now on one charge. includes about an hour of wifi downloading and videos. about 20 minutes of music playing through speakerfone. intermittent bbm including sending new invites and explaining why i got a new pin. about a dozen emails received then replied to. about an hour H+ crackberry and news browsing. a few sms to the unenlightened. and a lot of having the screen on to make all my settings correct.

battery is currently at 25%. im pretty impressed. hope it doesnt get worse!

ive already mastered not using the trackpad too. touchscreen is sweet.
    08-12-11 12:31 PM
    The os takes time to settle and the battery is also new soo it will overheat at times and that will cause a batteryd rain. In about 2 days time it should all settle down to normal mode. I loaded .317 yesterday night and it's been way better than .261. In future leaks these problems will be looked at more seriously .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 12:37 PM
    im going on 26 hours now on one charge. includes about an hour of wifi downloading and videos. about 20 minutes of music playing through speakerfone. intermittent bbm including sending new invites and explaining why i got a new pin. about a dozen emails received then replied to. about an hour H+ crackberry and news browsing. a few sms to the unenlightened. and a lot of having the screen on to make all my settings correct.

battery is currently at 25%. im pretty impressed. hope it doesnt get worse!

ive already mastered not using the trackpad too. touchscreen is sweet.

Haha see? This is what I mean. I don't see any reason why mine should be any different. And I was one of the first to have a commercially bought 9900 back on the 9th.

I'll give it another day and see how it goes. Driving to Montreal tonight and switching between cell towers is notorious for killing your battery...this thing won't last 20 mins in it's current state.

PS for you guys getting insane 30 hours of battery life ; would you mind posting your exact power management settings on here if you have a minute?
    08-12-11 12:39 PM
    I suppose I should give it another day or two...but it's really shocking how bad it is given that tons of guys are reporting INSANE battery life right off the bat.

And with modern lithium-ions we shouldn't have to be worrying about battery cycle memory and all that garbage...
    My Bold 9650 battery is performing consistently since day one. It did not need any "settling" time.
    08-12-11 12:39 PM
    Also, do you guys think there is any negative effect charging it halfway thru the day or is it negligible? I'm already at 49 now, at 1:42 pm, and I need this thing going strong till midnight, so I've gotta plug it in.
    08-12-11 12:42 PM
    My Bold 9650 battery is performing consistently since day one. It did not need any "settling" time.

Same with my 9000...and 9700...and 9780...aka every GSM Bold ever made
    08-12-11 12:43 PM
    Also, do you guys think there is any negative effect charging it halfway thru the day or is it negligible? I'm already at 49 now, at 1:42 pm, and I need this thing going strong till midnight, so I've gotta plug it in.
    No issues. Plug it in and let it charge.
    08-12-11 12:52 PM
    Figured.

Here's to hoping the battery will "settle in" / sort it out. Because it's gotta be better than this, and I know it is based on other people's reviews!

With this OS right now I feel like I'm running a 1.2 ghz processor on a Curve 8300's battery
    08-12-11 12:58 PM
    I'm counting on an extended battery from Seidio (not the one that requires a replacement battery door, however).
    anon(728548) and Sharma15 like this.
    08-12-11 12:59 PM
    u might want to consider this: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=RDNkXAj1

or this: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=dUm1fx0q

i didnt use an extra battery for my 9700, but when the 9900 gets released i'll use it nonstop without leaving it, so i'll just buy an extra battery
    and well, its small too, you can just put it in your pocket or wallet
    2 should be plenty : P
    08-12-11 01:00 PM
    12 hours now from last charge and left with 72%. A few phone calls, emails, played with it about a hour, twick things a litter here and there. I am quite happy with the batt more than with my iPhone.

Set the screen 10% for brightness (still very bright), turn off WiFi(I think that you can save big time). You could keep your 3G on though. These little twicks definitely help. BTW, I am on Rogers 7.0.0.261. It is pretty good and stable.
    08-12-11 01:12 PM
    When my phone comes next week I wanna know what OS to load. Who's using what and what results are you getting?
    08-12-11 01:21 PM
    I feel as if H+ seems to drain my battery quite a bit.. do you guys use H+ or just keep it on 2g?
    08-12-11 01:28 PM
    I feel as if H+ seems to drain my battery quite a bit.. do you guys use H+ or just keep it on 2g?

There's no way in 2011 that I'm setting my $600 smartphone to only use 2G/EDGE
    08-12-11 01:30 PM
    That's refreshing to hear. The 9900 is the device I have been waiting for the last few years, and I'd hate to walk away due to a bad battery.
    08-12-11 03:05 PM
    The battery life will be improved through os updates. I just updated mine and so far havent noticed any memory leak greater than 2 mb after 12 hours of heavy use. the battery got a little hot i left it in sun for a while but other than that its been very good to me.
    08-12-11 03:53 PM
    Have to say I hoped I wouldn't experience any 'battery' issues but I can't believe this is right. Started using the phone at 1pm, now 11pm... Battery on about 25%... Only really bbm'd for a little while, video recorded for 30 seconds and played a few songs. :/.
    08-12-11 04:59 PM
    I am not a believer in the battery "settling in".

I think it is BS.
    08-12-11 05:03 PM
    H+ should not affect your battery more than 3G does. H+ is just evolved 3G.
    08-12-11 05:04 PM
    I am not a believer in the battery "settling in".

I think it is BS.
    Ditto this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 05:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD