Attached are 2 plugins, one turning on Bluetooth, Wifi, BB Bridge, while the other one will turn them off.

Download the file into 'scm/scmpluginfunctions/' on your micro SD card, then open and close ShortcutMe once to load them.

Then you need to do the followings:

1- Create a shortcut in ShortcutMe to turn On BT, Wifi, and BB Bridge (assuming you set the shortcut keys to HME (for Home)).

2- Set an NFC tag to launch HME shortcut in ShortcutMe.

1 above can be done by adding a shortcut with following settings:
    AppName: +Brigde_Bt_Wifi_On
    Shortcut Keys: HME

2 above can be done by opening NFCShortcuts and tapping an NFC tag, say Yes to set it to launch this:
    Launches: ShortcutMe
    Parameter: HME

(Do the similar thing for to get another NFC tag to launch a shortcut in ShortcutMe to turn off BT, Wifi, BB Bridge)
    05-30-12 06:47 PM
    Attached are 2 plugins, one turning on Bluetooth, Wifi, BB Bridge, while the other one will turn them off.

Download the file into 'scm/scmpluginfunctions/' on your micro SD card, then open and close ShortcutMe once to load them.

Then you need to do the followings:

1- Create a shortcut in ShortcutMe to turn On BT, Wifi, and BB Bridge (assuming you set the shortcut keys to HME (for Home)).

2- Set an NFC tag to launch HME shortcut in ShortcutMe.

1 above can be done by adding a shortcut with following settings:
    AppName: +Brigde_Bt_Wifi_On
    Shortcut Keys: HME

2 above can be done by opening NFCShortcuts and tapping an NFC tag, say Yes to set it to launch this:
    Launches: ShortcutMe
    Parameter: HME

(Do the similar thing for to get another NFC tag to launch a shortcut in ShortcutMe to turn off BT, Wifi, BB Bridge)
    The above does not work.

I cannot save file 'into' scm/scm etc. I can save 'as' onto my sd card. Open and exit shortcutme and it doesn't show anywhere in the app, not on the apps home screen or in the bb button menu. I have tried 5+ times with inbetween reboots.

Can you confirm the above is all via our phones and not with a pc with our phones connected with a usb cable to the PC?
    05-30-12 08:49 PM
    Confirming that it you can save it with your phone.
    When you click on those files I attached to my post above, the BB asks you if you want to save it, after you answer yes to that you see a panel where the second item is:
    "On SD card" click on that to see "Browse" as one of the options. Using "Browse" you can specify where to save the file (Save it in the directory I mentioned).
    Then opening and closing ShortcutMe will load those files.
    05-30-12 09:43 PM
    There is only shortcutmeconfig and shortcutmelatestconfig

Not the file you sent.

Eventually when they are in the shortcutme app where will I see them ?
    Last edited by Ben1232; 05-30-12 at 10:14 PM.
    05-30-12 10:10 PM
    There is only shortcutmeconfig and shortcutmelatestconfig

Not the file you sent.

Eventually when they are in the shortcutme app where will I see them ?
    If you see files in your micro SD card, you see a directory called 'scm'. In 'scm' you see a directory called 'scmpluginfunctions' (please confirm that you can see 'scm\scmpluginfunctions' folder on your micro SD). That is where the plugins should be stored in.

When you get the plugins in the app, if you try to create a shortcut (SCM > BB Key > Add Shortcut), the plugin function is listed in AppName dorp down list and in the list that shows up when you click on "ShortcutMe Functions ... buttons".

This is shown from 0:37 to 1:09 of the clip below:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-lb1EWOhYo[/YT]
    05-31-12 05:12 AM
    Both link plugins are in ShortcutMe. If I test them only the 'ON' shows a demo. The off shows nothing.

Now in Nfcshortcuts I have added a new tag. This is for wifi / bridge / bluetooth off. (HME)

Setup page for tag 1

Launch: ShortcutMe_touch

Tag display name: ?

Premacros: ?

Parameter: ?

postmacros: ?
    05-31-12 08:48 AM
    Both link plugins are in ShortcutMe.
    Good

If I test them only the 'ON' shows a demo. The off shows nothing.
    ???

Now in Nfcshortcuts I have added a new tag. This is for wifi / bridge / bluetooth off. (HME)

Setup page for tag 1

Launch: ShortcutMe_touch

Tag display name: ?

Premacros: ?

Parameter: ?

postmacros: ?
    Set 'Tag display name' to any name you want

Leave 'Premacros' and 'postmacros' empty.

Set 'Parameter' to HME
    05-31-12 10:45 AM
    Good

???

Set 'Tag display name' to any name you want

Leave 'Premacros' and 'postmacros' empty.

Set 'Parameter' to HME
    If I click on the ON plugin in shortcutme it runs through the actions (not a demo but looks like one) if I click on the OFF plugin in scm it does nothing.

The ON tag works now but I have to save the settings everytime at the end of the tag tap process.

The OFF plugin / tag won't work. ???
    05-31-12 11:06 AM
    Just to make sure we use the same terminology and converge to a solution:

1- When you open ShortcutMe, hit BB Key, and select Add or Add Shortcut, you are creating a shortcut. It doesn't matter what that shortcut does (what it's AppName is set to), it is still called a shortcut.

Now, in ShortcutMe, you have a shortcut with HME as shortcut keys (its AppName is set to +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_On).
    That one is working, you say.

Now, what shortcut have you created that has its AppName set to +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off plugin?
    Assuming it has LHM (For leaving Home), open LHM shortcut in ShortcutMe for edit (Highlight LHM, hit BB Key and select Edit), hit BB Key and select 'Email this shortcut'. Then copy nad paste the resulted text into a post here on this thread so that I can see how your LHM shortcut looks like.
    05-31-12 11:26 AM
    Just to make sure we use the same terminology and converge to a solution:

1- When you open ShortcutMe, hit BB Key, and select Add or Add Shortcut, you are creating a shortcut. It doesn't matter what that shortcut does (what it's AppName is set to), it is still called a shortcut.

Now, in ShortcutMe, you have a shortcut with HME as shortcut keys (its AppName is set to +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_On).
    That one is working, you say.

Now, what shortcut have you created that has its AppName set to +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off plugin?
    Assuming it has LHM (For leaving Home), open LHM shortcut in ShortcutMe for edit (Highlight LHM, hit BB Key and select Edit), hit BB Key and select 'Email this shortcut'. Then copy nad paste the resulted text into a post here on this thread so that I can see how your LHM shortcut looks like.
    Yes HME is working. (I have to click save at the end of its process tho after a tag tap. It doesn't go back to home screen)

One of my shortcuts created in ShortcutMe (6.1.3.6_OS7_T):

--AppName: +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off(1)
    --Parameter:
    --Macros:
    --Display Name: +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off(1)
    --Shortcut Chars: LHM
    --Strokes:
    --Category:
    --Color: White
    05-31-12 12:22 PM
    1- When you run HME shortcut, what screen does it stay on (the one that you need to hit Save in)?

2-You have downloaded Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off file twice, that is why you have (1) at the end of AppName in your LHM shortcut.

Can you set AppName in LHM to +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off in LHM shortcut?
    05-31-12 01:16 PM
    1- When you run HME shortcut, what screen does it stay on (the one that you need to hit Save in)?

2-You have downloaded Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off file twice, that is why you have (1) at the end of AppName in your LHM shortcut.

Can you set AppName in LHM to +Bridge_Bt_Wifi_Off in LHM shortcut?
    HME is fully working now. That's all done.

I was unable to delete the (1) at the end so deleted it out of files - re-downloaded LHM and opened / closed Shortcutme but it isn't showing up in there.

EDIT: I have got LHM in shortcutme without the (1). Now when I tap the tag it says "U caught exception. Push global screen (modal) called by a non event thread. "
    Last edited by Ben1232; 05-31-12 at 03:06 PM.
    05-31-12 01:40 PM
    What happens when you run LHM shortcut directly from ShortcutMe?
    05-31-12 09:38 PM
    What happens when you run LHM shortcut directly from ShortcutMe?
    I tried that it asked to run in safe mode etc. It was safe and now its set to normal.

Both tags now work perfectly !!!

Thank you for your help lately Vijik I couldn't have done it on my own.

06-01-12 06:37 AM
    I tried that it asked to run in safe mode etc. It was safe and now its set to normal.

Both tags now work perfectly !!!

Thank you for your help lately Vijik I couldn't have done it on my own.

Good to know that they work now.

The error message you were receiving ("U caught exception. Push global screen (modal) called by a non event thread. ") was because your shortcut in ShortcutMe could not originally run by its own (requiring you to give the plugin shortcut a safe mode status).
    Keep that in mind if you use another plugin function for the first time.

Safe mode is there to protect you against possible malware in a downloaded plugin for ShortcutMe
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-01-12 11:31 AM
    Good to know that they work now.

The error message you were receiving ("U caught exception. Push global screen (modal) called by a non event thread. ") was because your shortcut in ShortcutMe could not originally run by its own (requiring you to give the plugin shortcut a safe mode status).
    Keep that in mind if you use another plugin function for the first time.

Safe mode is there to protect you against possible malware in a downloaded plugin for ShortcutMe
    Oh I see. Ok thanks once again Vijik
    06-01-12 11:42 AM
    NFCShortcuts 1.5 is released now.

If you upgrade to 1.5 and you don't see an icon for NFCShortcuts, then download the icon by pointing your BB Browser to the following link:

http://fonware.ca/dlnfcs
    06-18-12 05:30 AM
    Nice new release! Like the update. Make it a little easier for newbies.
    06-18-12 10:52 PM
    NFCShortcuts 1.5 is released now.

If you upgrade to 1.5 and you don't see an icon for NFCShortcuts, then download the icon by pointing your BB Browser to the following link:

http://fonware.ca/dlnfcs
    I already loaded the update from the other day followed by the other update you mentioned in the above quoted text (to make the icon visible again).

So should I update again today even though I'm already on ver 1.5?
    And even if I don't need to I might want to just to get rid of that App World update notification icon; will that cause any issues if I do?

Thanks.
    06-19-12 08:03 AM
    Nice new release! Like the update. Make it a little easier for newbies.
    Exactly. The Wizard should help new users to find out how to set a NFC tag to launch something.
    06-19-12 08:14 AM
    I already loaded the update from the other day followed by the other update you mentioned in the above quoted text (to make the icon visible again).

So should I update again today even though I'm already on ver 1.5?
    And even if I don't need to I might want to just to get rid of that App World update notification icon; will that cause any issues if I do?

Thanks.
    Version 1.5.0.1 is there just for the app icon (the one you already have got from the link).
    So, you actually don't need to upgrade from 1.5.0.0 to 1.5.0.1

I can't say that App World will %100 not mess up anything, because App World is sometimes full of surprices. But I can say that I don't think that it will mess up things, because I haven't received several complaining emails from users today.
    06-19-12 08:20 AM
    Version 1.5.0.1 is there just for the app icon (the one you already have got from the link).
    So, you actually don't need to upgrade from 1.5.0.0 to 1.5.0.1

I can't say that App World will %100 not mess up anything, because App World is sometimes full of surprices. But I can say that I don't think that it will mess up things, because I haven't received several complaining emails from users today.

FWIW: I decided to throw the dice and hope that the update via App World would not mess things up. The upgrade went smoothly and without issue.
    06-19-12 10:10 AM
    FWIW: I decided to throw the dice and hope that the update via App World would not mess things up. The upgrade went smoothly and without issue.
    Good.
    This issue was solved faster than what now happens to ShortcutMe users where they are told by App World that they are upgrading to version 6.2 while App World installs ShortcutMe 5 for them (a version that doesn't work with the license key users have)!
    06-20-12 11:27 AM
    I repurchased Shortcutme (orig purchase from mobihand and now appworld) and your nfc app and some "Mifare Ultralight 64 bytes" tags. But I'm not getting any "reaction." I even removed my 9930 from its Otterbox Defender case a week ago to try again but still notice no reaction.

So is there a way to TEST whether my 9930 nfc is actually working? Any simple test?

Thanks in advance.
    06-20-12 03:46 PM
    I repurchased Shortcutme (orig purchase from mobihand and now appworld) and your nfc app and some "Mifare Ultralight 64 bytes" tags. But I'm not getting any "reaction." I even removed my 9930 from its Otterbox Defender case a week ago to try again but still notice no reaction.

So is there a way to TEST whether my 9930 nfc is actually working? Any simple test?

Thanks in advance.
    Try temporarily setting a tag up with the native Blackberry "Smart tags" app if your phone came with it.

My Smart tags app is & think always has been in the Applications folder.
    06-20-12 04:16 PM
250 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD