ShortcutMe 6 has a new macro called 'SelectFrom'.

If you want you can get an NFC Tag to launch a macro shortcut that brings up a list of things you can do and you pick one of them.
    One NFC Tag can then be used for more than one thing. An example for this is:

Shortcut in ShortcutMe:
    AppName: Macro

ShortcutKeys: LHO /*For Leaving HOme */

Macros:
    SelectFrom ToggleWifi_BT_PlayMusic,ToggleWifi_Radio, SendEmailToWife;
    If2 $$Result==0;
    Then2;
    ... /*Toggle Wifi BT and PlayMusic macro here*/
    ElseIf2 $$Result==1;
    .... /*Toggle Wifi and Radio macro goes here */
    ElseIf2 $$Result==2;
    ..../*Send Email To Wife macro goes here*/
    EndIf2;

Now if you get NFCShortcuts to Launch the above shortcut (LHO) in ShortcutMe, every time you tap that one tag, you get a list of those 3 things and you can select which one you want from that list.
    04-14-12 12:55 AM
    Juggalo20 and MisterShark,

Please see (and download if you want) Bluetooth_ON and Bluetooth_OFF plug-ins in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...me-6-a-716748/

That is a nice workaround for the discussions you had regarding turning BT ON and OFF and the issue with BB API for Bluetooth.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    04-16-12 05:49 AM
    How do I make or get a tag that turns my wifi on when I'm home and off when I leave, I read one of the comments above and whoever that was is awesome ! Now how wud I get it to work with my phone ?
    04-16-12 07:30 AM
    How do I make or get a tag that turns my wifi on when I'm home and off when I leave, I read one of the comments above and whoever that was is awesome ! Now how wud I get it to work with my phone ?
    If you can see Near Field Communication in Manage Connections of your BB, then you should be able to toggle Wifi on your BB when you tap your BB (running NFCShortcuts) to an NFC tag.
    (Set 'Launch' to NFCL_Toggler)
    04-16-12 06:06 PM
    Amazon has free shipping on the tags as of today (4/23):

10 Mifare Ultralight NFC Tags - $15 - Amazon.com: Mifare Ultralight NFC Tags (10 tags): Everything Else

15 Mifare Ultralight C Logo NFC Tags - $17.50 - Amazon.com: Mifare Ultralight C Logo NFC Tags (15 Tags): Everything Else

Not sure if the more secure Ultralight C work with the 9900 or other BB NFC devices, but I ordered some and will report back.
    04-23-12 08:57 AM
    2 questions if I may.

Firstly, how can I set NFC_Shortcuts to still work even if my 9930's screen/keyboard is locked? I'd like to be able to tap one of my NFC stickers without first needing to unlock the keyboard/screen if possible.

Secondly, I'm trying to create a macro that will have the shortcut that I have created to use a webmail page NavMove to the correct location on the web page and then click there, and key in my password.
    Currently I have it set up so that the browser opens to the specified webmail page followed by a suspend. I then touch the password field with my finger to correctly place the cursor in the field to await key entry, followed by another click of the convenience key (or NFC tag if used that method to execute the shortcut) to continue the shortcut's macro execxution from the suspend (at which point it keys in my password).

So what I guess I'm looking to find out is: how can I determine how many pixels I need to 'NavMove' down/left/right/up so that I can eliminate that manual placing (using my finger) of the cursor? I'd like to have this shortcut completely self-execute start-to-finish if there's a way to do it. I've seen some older macros on this forum with specific NavMov coordinates for older BB models, but I'm guessing those coordinates won't be correct for whatever my 9930's macro will need.
    04-23-12 12:36 PM
    Amazon has free shipping on the tags as of today (4/23):

10 Mifare Ultralight NFC Tags - $15 - Amazon.com: Mifare Ultralight NFC Tags (10 tags): Everything Else

15 Mifare Ultralight C Logo NFC Tags - $17.50 - Amazon.com: Mifare Ultralight C Logo NFC Tags (15 Tags): Everything Else

Not sure if the more secure Ultralight C work with the 9900 or other BB NFC devices, but I ordered some and will report back.
    I am using both Mifare Ultralight and Mifare Ultralight C.
    Both of them work fine with the BB (and NFCShortcuts).
    Ultralight C is a bit more expensive and has more memory (not required by NFCShortcuts).
    HofstraJet likes this.
    04-24-12 08:29 AM
    2 questions if I may.

Firstly, how can I set NFC_Shortcuts to still work even if my 9930's screen/keyboard is locked? I'd like to be able to tap one of my NFC stickers without first needing to unlock the keyboard/screen if possible.

Secondly, I'm trying to create a macro that will have the shortcut that I have created to use a webmail page NavMove to the correct location on the web page and then click there, and key in my password.
    Currently I have it set up so that the browser opens to the specified webmail page followed by a suspend. I then touch the password field with my finger to correctly place the cursor in the field to await key entry, followed by another click of the convenience key (or NFC tag if used that method to execute the shortcut) to continue the shortcut's macro execxution from the suspend (at which point it keys in my password).

So what I guess I'm looking to find out is: how can I determine how many pixels I need to 'NavMove' down/left/right/up so that I can eliminate that manual placing (using my finger) of the cursor? I'd like to have this shortcut completely self-execute start-to-finish if there's a way to do it. I've seen some older macros on this forum with specific NavMov coordinates for older BB models, but I'm guessing those coordinates won't be correct for whatever my 9930's macro will need.
    Reader mode of NFC (the mode needed for reading a teg) is disabled by BB OS when the device is locked.
    That is so probably because of power consumption and security concerns.
    NFCShortcuts (a 3rd party app) can't override this BB OS behaviour. NFC is simply off.

I think gsbn had a formula for number of Navmovement for each cm on the screen. Have you tried that?.
    04-24-12 08:35 AM
    Reader mode of NFC (the mode needed for reading a teg) is disabled by BB OS when the device is locked.
    That is so probably because of power consumption and security concerns.
    NFCShortcuts (a 3rd party app) can't override this BB OS behaviour. NFC is simply off.
    Oh well. Thanks for clarifying that for me all the same.

I think gsbn had a formula for number of Navmovement for each cm on the screen. Have you tried that?.
    I have not tried or accessed any formula for NavMov but would definitely like to. I'm unfamiliar with 'gsbn': can you clue me in on that please? Also: 'cm' stands for ?

Thanks again.
    04-24-12 09:04 AM
    1 'cm' is 1/100 of a Meter and 1/2.54 of an inch.

I meant gbsn, sorry.
    gbsn, is the username for one of the macro experts.

See post #2 in the thread below and open all the links under "A shortcut to open a web page, auto fill Username and Password field and login".
    gbsn, had a formula there about how to findout # of navmovement needed for a web page.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rtcuts-549683/
    04-24-12 09:25 AM
    I am using both Mifare Ultralight and Mifare Ultralight C.
    Both of them work fine with the BB (and NFCShortcuts).
    Ultralight C is a bit more expensive and has more memory (not required by NFCShortcuts).
    Thanks for the info. On Amazon at the moment, the Ultralight C are actually cheaper.
    04-24-12 09:31 AM
    1 'cm' is 1/100 of a Meter and 1/2.54 of an inch.
    lol, didn't know you were using the 'cm' that pertains to units of measurement. I'm actually familiar with that one.

I've edited my browser shortcut's macro and just about have it tweaked but for one aspect: the delay to specify as the webpage loads (I know that this can be variable). I specified 3 seconds (3000 milliseconds) which works fine if signal strength is good, but too short of a delay if the page loads more slowly due to waeker signal coverage.

Is there another way to script it so that a page load completion condition is check, followed by a continuance of the macro once that condition becomes true? Something along the lines of: 'if page load = complete then continue' versus 'if page load = incomplete then delay (specify a delay) & re-check conditions'.
    Last edited by MisterShark; 04-24-12 at 02:16 PM.
    04-24-12 12:20 PM
    lol, didn't know you were using the 'cm' that pertains to units of measurement. I'm actually familiar with that one.

I've edited my browser shortcut's macro and just about have it tweaked but for one aspect: the delay to specify as the webpage loads (I know that this can be variable). I specified 3 seconds (3000 milliseconds) which works fine if signal strength is good, but too short of a delay if the page loads more slowly due to waeker signal coverage.

Is there another way to script it so that a page load completion condition is check, followed by a continuance of the macro once that condition becomes true? Something along the lines of: 'if page load = complete then continue' versus 'if page load = incomplete then delay (specify a delay) & re-check conditions'.
    ShortcutMe can check if an app is running, or if an app is in foreground, but it can't detect when the Browser is done downloading a page.

For things that might take longer time, I would use 'Suspend' macro.
    If 'Suspend' is used after you launch the web page in your macro shortcut, then ShortcutMe suspends running macros until you open ShortcutMe again (Convenience key).
    That means that when you see that the page is fully loaded, you just click the convenience key and the macros starts running again entering your username and password.
    04-24-12 09:37 PM
    ShortcutMe can check if an app is running, or if an app is in foreground, but it can't detect when the Browser is done downloading a page.

For things that might take longer time, I would use 'Suspend' macro.
    If 'Suspend' is used after you launch the web page in your macro shortcut, then ShortcutMe suspends running macros until you open ShortcutMe again (Convenience key).
    That means that when you see that the page is fully loaded, you just click the convenience key and the macros starts running again entering your username and password.
    Thanks again Vijik.

Most of my time is spent in areas of high signal strength with the added bonus of WiFi coverage as well so page loads are pretty quick, especially with that webmail page that's designed for a mobile device viewing purpose. I've inserted a 3 second delay and it works like a charm: one touch of the associated NFC tag and I'm looking at my webmail in what seems like less than 3 seconds.

BTW: I've been using MediaKeysBooster constantly. Love it.
    Between ShortCutMe, MediaKeysBooster and NFC_Shortcuts I barely have to touch my trackpad or screen anymore.
    Vijik likes this.
    04-25-12 08:12 AM
    FYI:

I just added a new plugin function called

Wifi_Off_BT_Off_PhoneCallOnly

to the thread below (It can be used as a new Bedside Mode. YOu can even launch Clock after this plugin to make it look like the default Bedside Mode):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7385720
    05-09-12 08:22 PM
    For those of you who have PlayBook and ShortcutMe 6:

I added new set of plugins for connecting and disconnecting the BB to Playbook.
    If you put an NFC tag on the back of your PlayBook, you can tap it to connect or disconnect from PlayBook.

You can find those plugins (+PlayBookBridge_On, +PlayBookBridge_Off ) here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7319325
    05-29-12 05:32 AM
    Hey vijik,

My nfc shortcuts app wont work. It says invalid license key - enter valid license key.

I bought the app whilst on sale from BB App World back in March, got some Ultralight tags today and am unable to use them.

I haven't changed my phone since the purchase of the app either. Any suggestions
    05-30-12 08:49 AM
    Hey vijik,

My nfc shortcuts app wont work. It says invalid license key - enter valid license key.

I bought the app whilst on sale from BB App World back in March, got some Ultralight tags today and am unable to use them.

I haven't changed my phone since the purchase of the app either. Any suggestions
    Copy pasting direct from App World I'm assuming? Also, what NFCS version, and OS version are you using.
    05-30-12 09:00 AM
    Copy pasting direct from App World I'm assuming? Also, what NFCS version, and OS version are you using.
    Hey,

Copy & paste from app world ?

NFCS - 1.4.4.0 & my OS is still .402
    05-30-12 09:10 AM
    Hey vijik,

That is a big disappointment when you eventually get the tags but can't use the app you have paid for.

Please send email to nfcs at fonware dot ca with following info so that we get your app up and running ASAP:

1- The email address associated with your purchase (same as your Paypal email address?).

2- Your BB PIN

3- The license key you see for NFCShortcuts in My World of App World where NFCShortcuts is listed.
    05-30-12 09:30 AM
    That is a big disappointment when you eventually get the tags but can't use the app you have paid for.

Please send email to nfcs at fonware dot ca with following info so that we get your app up and running ASAP:

1- The email address associated with your purchase (same as your Paypal email address?).

2- Your BB PIN

3- The license key you see for NFCShortcuts in My World of App World where NFCShortcuts is listed.
    I sent an email with my bb app world reciept to that address nearly two hours ago.

I'm not sure where I can find the code in 'My World'

I paid via carrier billing but do have paypal.

Ok I'll send another email now with my PIN

I'm not angry btw these things happen

Thanks
    05-30-12 09:37 AM
    My nfc shortcuts app and tags are working now. What I initially bought them for is when I leave my apartment and don't need bb bridge / bluetooth or wifi I could touch a tag and it'll turn these off and turn them back on when I get home.

I realised I needed the nfcshortcutme_touch app so just bought that too.

Can someone instruct me on how to do this please.
    05-30-12 11:59 AM
    My nfc shortcuts app and tags are working now. What I initially bought them for is when I leave my apartment and don't need bb bridge / bluetooth or wifi I could touch a tag and it'll turn these off and turn them back on when I get home.

I realised I needed the nfcshortcutme_touch app so just bought that too.

Can someone instruct me on how to do this please.
    I will create you some macro plugin functions (files you download to your micro SD card and load them into ShortcutMe) in few hours.
    Stay tuned.
    05-30-12 02:51 PM
    I will create you some macro plugin functions (files you download to your micro SD card and load them into ShortcutMe) in few hours.
    Stay tuned.
    Great news.

Cheers vijik.
    05-30-12 02:56 PM
    Great news.

Cheers vijik.
    In the mean time, take a look at the thread below to see how plugin functions work and how they can be used:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...me-6-a-716748/
    05-30-12 03:18 PM
250 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD