Wow wadda a man

Whatever state Wifi and Bt are in to end up with both on or on a new tap both end up off.

I was wondering if it is possible to get this Macro programming wrong and cause problems to the phone?
    Ok. I'll do it up in a little bit. Just about time to leave work so can't do it now.

As for screwing up your phone. SCM can do everything YOU can do. So if you can screw your phone up it's possible to macro SCM to do the same. Syntax errors and such won't do any harm that I can think of or that I've experianced (and lord knows I've made many many errors). But at the end of the day you're responsilbe for whatever macros you run. I can't promise anything, because 1. It's not my app, and 2. I've not tried every single conceivable macro.

I've been using SCM for a fair amount of time, and written/tested oodles of macros and not screwed my phone up.
    02-29-12 07:49 AM
    There is a SafeMode command you can insert. It will prompt you before every NavClick and EnterKey. So you'll be able to see where the cursor is before it clicks or enters. Just put

SafeMode_ON

At the start of the macro, then once all your NavClicks and Enterkeys are lined up. Remove or comment out the line.
    02-29-12 07:58 AM
    I can't promise anything, because 1. It's not my app, and 2. I've not tried every single conceivable macro.
    I would never ask anyone to promise anything, I was just curious.

I remember a good few years ago there was a programme kicking around called Nokiatool, now, that was very interesting in the uneducated hands
    02-29-12 01:01 PM
    The core macros in ShortcutMe are about launching apps/tasks, simulating key clicks and navigation movement (trackpad,touchscreen/trackball) based on what YOU add to your shortcut.
    So you are better off knowing what you tell ShortcutMe to do when you add macro to your shortcut.

Error reporting mechanism, StopMacro, AutoTimeout Launchings, and the future mode called SafeMode should (most of the time) be able to protect your system from you if your macro is not written correctly.
    02-29-12 01:32 PM
    sorry for the delay Chopper110, ran into a bit of trouble with that macro I said I'd write, I'll get it working though.
    02-29-12 07:58 PM
    sorry for the delay Chopper110, ran into a bit of trouble with that macro I said I'd write, I'll get it working though.
    No worries, never a rush.
    03-01-12 12:57 AM
    No worries, never a rush.
    Ok. So I've tried every possible way I can think of, but I can't do this. The problem is that prompt when checking if Bluetooth is on while it isn't. I cannot ignore your answer here's the full explaination

Situation: Wifi on, bluetooth off
    Desired Result: wifi on, bluetooth on
    Problem: you will be prompted to turn on bluetooth. If you choose yes bluetooth gets turned on, this changes the Situation
    Situation if you choose yes: wifi on, bluetooth on
    Desired result for that situation: wifi off, bluetooth off

As you can see, your answer to the prompt becomes relevent. And there is nothing I can do about it seemingly. Really sorry but I can't think of a way around this.

Here's the situations, desired results as I understood them and the reliability

Wifi on, bluetooth on = all off =
    Wifi on, bluetooth off = all on =
    Wifi off, bluetooth on = all on =
    Wifi off, bluetooth off = all on =

Though I didn't keep the first 3 methods I tried, here's the final one (which ^ those results are for). Perhaps someone can come up with an edit to fix that sadface. Or come up with a whole new working macro.

Because I didn't want to confuse myself or clutter the macro. I used a different shortcut to toggle Bluetooth on/off. This will be required if you try to use the macro so create it first.

App Name: Macro
    Display Name: toggle Bluetooth
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

Now here's as close as I could come to what you wanted:

Display name: whatever you want
    Shortcut Keys: whatever you want
    Macros:
    If0 IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    If1 IsBTon;
    Then1;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    Stop;
    Else1;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    Stop;
    EndIf1;
    Else0;
    If2 IsBtOn;
    Then2;
    Launch Wifi_On;
    Stop;
    Else2;
    Launch Wifi_On;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    Stop;
    EndIf2;
    EndIf0;

Again. Real sorry
    03-01-12 01:55 AM
    @Juggalo20,
    Can you just require the user to answer always NO if they are asked about Bluetooth?
    That way, your macro can take care of turning it on/off when it should.
    03-01-12 09:55 AM
    @Juggalo20,
    Can you just require the user to answer always NO if they are asked about Bluetooth?
    That way, your macro can take care of turning it on/off when it should.
    Yeah, as long as the user always selects "no" the macro works fine. That's partly why I still posted it, along with the fail point. It's still usable just not 100% perfect.
    03-01-12 10:06 AM
    The second thing is what position from the bottom is your PC in bluetooth options? Very bottom? Second from the bottom? Etc
    Thanks Juggalo20,

My PC's Bluetooth connection in the list is at the very top, out of 5 total connections.
    03-01-12 10:35 AM
    Ok. So I've tried every possible way I can think of, but I can't do this. The problem is that prompt when checking if Bluetooth is on while it isn't. I cannot ignore your answer here's the full explaination

Situation: Wifi on, bluetooth off
    Desired Result: wifi on, bluetooth on
    Problem: you will be prompted to turn on bluetooth. If you choose yes bluetooth gets turned on, this changes the Situation
    Situation if you choose yes: wifi on, bluetooth on
    Desired result for that situation: wifi off, bluetooth off

As you can see, your answer to the prompt becomes relevent. And there is nothing I can do about it seemingly. Really sorry but I can't think of a way around this.

Here's the situations, desired results as I understood them and the reliability

Wifi on, bluetooth on = all off =
    Wifi on, bluetooth off = all on =
    Wifi off, bluetooth on = all on =
    Wifi off, bluetooth off = all on =

Though I didn't keep the first 3 methods I tried, here's the final one (which ^ those results are for). Perhaps someone can come up with an edit to fix that sadface. Or come up with a whole new working macro.

Because I didn't want to confuse myself or clutter the macro. I used a different shortcut to toggle Bluetooth on/off. This will be required if you try to use the macro so create it first.

Display Name: toggle Bluetooth
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

Now here's as close as I could come to what you wanted:

Display name: whatever you want
    Shortcut Keys: whatever you want
    Macros:
    If0 IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    If1 IsBTon;
    Then1;
    Launch Wifi_Off;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    Stop;
    Else1;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    Stop;
    EndIf1;
    Else0;
    If2 IsBtOn;
    Then2;
    Launch Wifi_On;
    Stop;
    Else2;
    Launch Wifi_On;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    Stop;
    EndIf2;
    EndIf0;

Again. Real sorry
    No need to be sorry, You have got one of a lot further than I would ever have done.

I will type it in later and see what it does.

Many thanks.
    03-01-12 11:39 AM
    No need to be sorry, You have got one of a lot further than I would ever have done.

I will type it in later and see what it does.

Many thanks.
    As Vijik mentioned, it will work as long as you answer no when prompted. It works, just not as fool proof as I had hoped. Let me know how it works out for you
    03-01-12 11:42 AM
    Sounds like he wants to send the exact same message everytime right? Otherwise there'd be really no point in macro-ing it, since he'd have to type it out each time anyways. Hah. So here's what I think he wants, if not just let me know and I'll add some Inputs

App Name; MSG_EMAIL
    Parameter: email@address
    Macros:
    Delay100;
    Key PUT SUBJECT HERE;
    NavMoveDown1;
    Key PUT BODY HERE;
    MenuKey;
    NavClick;

It's slow, but it's the most reliable way. Macro-ing it another way would be just as slow if made reliable.
    Juggalo20, if you want to make this macro much faster try using clipboard instead of keying each character:

App Name; MSG_EMAIL

Macros:
    Delay100;
    ToCBput subject here;
    PasteFromCB;
    NavMoveDown1;
    ToCBput body of email here;
    PasteFromCB;
    MenuKey;
    03-02-12 08:43 AM
    Juggalo20, if you want to make this macro much faster try using clipboard instead of keying each character:

App Name; MSG_EMAIL

Macros:
    Delay100;
    ToCBput subject here;
    PasteFromCB;
    NavMoveDown1;
    PasteFromCB;
    MenuKey;
    Doesn't work properly for me. I think this is "one of those things" that happen when creating new items (email, memos, etc) where things just don't always work right. I've tried adding delays but it always pastes "put body of email here" even in the subject line. I even tried

Delay100;
    ToCBput subject here;
    PasteFromCB;
    NavMoveDown1;
    Delay10000;
    PasteFromCB;
    MenuKey;

But despite where the 10 second delay is, the entire macro delays 10 seconds. Including pasting the subject line. I'll downgrade later and try again
    03-02-12 10:07 AM
    A little issue i found with the restore, for this example I will use the A key

Open A key config
    Make a backup (menu key, store on uSD)
    change what 1x A does
    save changes
    Open config for A
    restore backup (menu key, restore settings)
    app does not exit
    hit EscKey
    get prompted to save changes
    If you save changes A key conf is NOT restored
    03-02-12 06:57 PM
    If you have a friend or family member who would want to buy NFCShortcuts app, today is maybe the day:

NFCShortcuts is on sale today for $0.99
    03-09-12 10:54 AM
    Here's what I want to do...
    When I tap a specific nfc tag, I want it to change my profile to calls only, open my clock, and set my alarm to a desired time. Is this possiable? I'm still trying to learn macros lol. I have NFCshortcuts and ShortcutMe

Thanks
    04-11-12 01:19 PM
    Okay so I figured it out.
    Very very easy actuallly!
    I think I'm really going to like shortcut me and NFC!
    04-11-12 02:08 PM
    So is there a way for me to set one tag to do 2 different things depending on the day? I have one in my truck to open bb traffic and go to work. Can I set it to after a certain time of day, it will open and take me home? Thanks!
    04-13-12 04:34 PM
    So is there a way for me to set one tag to do 2 different things depending on the day? I have one in my truck to open bb traffic and go to work. Can I set it to after a certain time of day, it will open and take me home? Thanks!
    Some conditional stuff is possible with a separate app called ShortcutMe. It's from the same developer and allows all kinds of macros and automation. Great app.

But you'd need that in order to trigger different things based on the time of day. It's not currently possible to base anything on the day of week though as far as i know. Time of day is easy, but day of week (sunday, monday, thursday) isn't possible right now as far as I know.

If you do pick up Shortcutme, I'd be happy to give you a hand in writing out the macro to do what you're after (or as best i can).
    04-13-12 05:21 PM
    I actually have shortcut me.
    Give me a minute and ill paste the macro I'm using to launch the app. But I want to add on to it so after 5pm it will go to home instead of work.
    04-13-12 08:40 PM
    Here's the macro I'm using.

LaunchBlackberryTraffic;Delay300;NavMoveDown1;NavM oveRight1;NavClick;

Thanks for the help!
    04-13-12 08:45 PM
    Thank you Juggalo20 for helping out.

FYI:
    In ShortcutMe you have a macro called 'GetDay'. That can be used in the macro to do something (or not do something) based on the day of the week.

See more here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/#post6557852
    04-13-12 09:19 PM
    so would this work??

LaunchBlackberryTraffic;
    Delay300;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavMoveRight1;
    NavClick;
    If2 gettime>1700;
    Then2; (or Then0; not sure)
    LaunchBlackberryTraffic;
    Delay300;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;

all i did was take out the NavMoveRight1 because the home is to the left of the work address

so from midnight untill 5PM(17:00) it will take me to work, but AFTER 17:00 it will take me home using BBtraffic?
    Last edited by editionfws; 04-13-12 at 09:59 PM. Reason: edited Then2;
    04-13-12 09:51 PM
    Try this one:

If2 GetTime>1700;
    Then2; /* the number in front of 'Then' should match the number in front of the corresponding 'If', 'Else', 'ElseIf' and 'EndIf'*/
    LaunchBlackberryTraffic;
    Delay300;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;

Else2;
    LaunchBlackberryTraffic;
    Delay300;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavMoveRight1;
    NavClick;

EndIf2;

The orange part is executed if you tap the NFC tag between 00:00 and 17:00, otherwise the blue part is executed.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-14-12 12:48 AM
250 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD