After 3 days of heavy use on my 9900 im really dissapointed with the battery!!!
    Im running .353 and the battery only last for about 10hours (few phone calls/bbm/webbrowsing)...
    I have 3G and i have all the definitions of the BB set and some apps (like FB and WeatherBerrY) to refresh 3h/3h.
    Also downloading apps from Appworld is very Slooooooooooow, also open pdf attachment from my email take ages to open???
    I really dont see any speed improvament regarding recivieng data in comparison with my old 9780!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 07:12 AM
    261 has the best battery I keep downgrading to it. it simply works
    09-01-11 07:19 AM
    261 has the best battery I keep downgrading to it. it simply works
    I dont if thats true !!!!!because i read so many different oppinions regarding leak/official os vs battery performance, that im lost....!!!!!

09-01-11 07:31 AM
    I dont if thats true !!!!!because i read so many different oppinions regarding leak/official os vs battery performance, that im lost....!!!!!

Ive tried both and have always ended up downgrading until something better comes

Feel free to try
    09-01-11 07:35 AM
    I always find it a myth when I read which and which OS has the best battery life...I am on stock OS (I think .261) and while I won't say the battery life is excellent it is very good and last me whole day of use and I only need charging at night. I think if you find the battery sucks it probably means you are a heavy user and you probably need to spend some money to buy a spare battery..for me the battery is good and I am a relatively heavy bbm, web browsing and emails but not a lot of calls..

Spawn12 likes this.
    09-01-11 08:03 AM
    Look lets be honest here...previous bb's with their underpowered cpu's and hardware meant we used to get 2-3 days worth of battery life. Now with the updated specs ie 1.2ghz cpu amongst other specs, the battery life is never going to be as good as previous bb's....its something that we bb lovers have to take as a hit.

Ive been using my 9900 since last night and the battery life isnt great but if it can get me through a whole day then im a happy bunny...my 9780 which isnt even close to the 9900 used to last me a day before wanting a charge so my 9900 is on par with that and i can deal with it. Also i carry a spare micro usb cable that i keep in my desk at my office so i can always juice up the battery if needed.

One recommendation i will say is go to the front page of cb and follow those tips...hopefully it will help, ive done those tips to my 9900 and so far battery life has been good. But i need to settle my battery in because i havent even begun to load up my apps....for me that will be the true test of battery life.

If you still find your battery sucks after those tips then take it back and get a replacement 9900.
    09-01-11 08:29 AM
    I shrank .353 and reinstalled it, and my battery life has improved by about 3%/hr. Big difference. It seems to be settling nicely.
    09-01-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD