I got drenched about a week back, so did the phone, I immediately turned it off, after I got home, I dried it externally and switched it on, it showed a battery with a cross, I followed some crackberry threads and I got the phone started. After it booted the blue led was constantly on and the trackpad ring was turning on and off and the touchscreen was not responding well, I switched it off and let it dry for about 3-4 days. Now when I turn it on, the touchscreen is good but the led and trackpad ring is still giving me problem.
    Is there any way I can fix it? Warranty is over
    EDIT: There might be more problems which I did not explore as I didn't want the phone to die.
    09-21-13 08:20 AM
    try going to a cell repair shop, thats what i did with mine cause my trackpad was all wonky and it worked out well
    09-21-13 08:35 AM
    Warranty is not relevant actually. Once the device got wet the warranty was over. That being said, the battery should have been removed from the device immediately. As Skatophilia mentioned, take the phone to a repair shop for a good looking over. Unless you have a friend that can take it apart and give it the once over.
    09-21-13 09:37 AM
    Could iso-propyl alcohol work? (Just asking)
    09-21-13 10:41 AM
    I know everyone suggests this and you've probably tried it, but put it in a bag of rice. My Droid INC2 got soaked and the digitizer stopped working (even after I replaced it), so I did the rice for 3 days and no changes. I left it in the bag for 3 weeks, pulled it out, and the digitizer was working again.... go figure. Hope you get it working.
    09-21-13 02:52 PM
    I know everyone suggests this and you've probably tried it, but put it in a bag of rice. My Droid INC2 got soaked and the digitizer stopped working (even after I replaced it), so I did the rice for 3 days and no changes. I left it in the bag for 3 weeks, pulled it out, and the digitizer was working again.... go figure. Hope you get it working.
    I've had my keyboard start to screw up (pressing a single key would return two of the wrong characters, etc...) a few times due to moisture accumulation. I tried everything and in the end the following worked:

Take the battery out. Blowdry the phone for 5 minutes on a low-ish setting. Leave the phone and the battery in a bowl of rice FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS. I tried it a few times after getting impatient and only doing 1 day or 1 night...and it would be temporarily fixed but then the next day or after 2/3 days it would act up again. The only long-term fix is to leave it in rice for multiple days in a row without removing it. In your situation I'd expect that 5 or 10 days might be more appropriate given that you actually got it wet (as opposed to just some moisture)
    09-21-13 07:57 PM
    Sounds like there could still be some moisture in there. Worth considering a moisture absorption pack, they are supposed to be much more effective than rice and silica gel etc. I've used one called Rescuetec in the past with success. Good luck!
    09-25-13 08:51 AM