My 9900 gets really warm when its on 3G.It seems like the phone is overworking to keep the signal.I'm always scared...like mmy phone could actually catch fire.But once I switch to 3g,it cools down.What can I do cos I love 3g.Its very fast
    09-24-12 04:45 PM
    All you are doing is turning data off and on. Mine gets warm too, but not that warm. It's normal using only the cellular network. Using wifi, it's not warm or hot.
    09-24-12 04:48 PM
    I also have a blackberry 9900. My phone seems to get warm when I'm using it continuously (ex. being on the phone for several hours). It also gets warm when I'm charging it but that's mainly because the processor is working at a high speed. I've been told that the processor calms down and gets cool when you turn the phone off completely, including taking out the battery and restarting the phone. If you restart your phone like that regularly, it also helps to fasten up your phone and prevent it from lagging. Hope this helped.
    09-24-12 04:49 PM
    I use the escreen to kill off processes that hog the processor. Data services or the mobile network is turned off, then whichever is hogging, I kill it.
    09-24-12 05:11 PM
    No, I don't ever experience my Bold 9930 ever getting hot and I do a lot of heavy web browsing, videos, and other use. I did have that problem with my Droid Razr on a regular basis where it would get literally too hot to touch.
    09-24-12 07:39 PM
    My phone got same problem, I don't know what to do if uhave any kind of infomation so let me ASAP plz
    03-08-13 09:54 AM
    My phone got same problem, I don't know what to do if uhave any kind of infomation so let me ASAP plz
    it also depends on the sfi file for the device ( radio file ), some OS's are known to run a wee bit warmer than the other. The well known cool ones are 7.1.0.523/ .658/. 714.
    03-10-13 01:07 AM
    No, my 9930 never got hot,even warm...
    03-10-13 01:18 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD