There's always the torch lineup....EH?
    08-12-11 09:42 PM
    We're all mad because the spec sheets stated the camera was AF and no one seemed to know different until late last week. It was a nice little *surprise* from RIM.

A sad one.

And really, who bought a Playbook for the camera? ****, for that matter, who bought a Playbook? Sales were dismal.
    Photo zoom - GSMArena.com

Does it say AF under camera? Hint: It doesn't.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 Officially Announced! | CrackBerry.com

Does it say AF under camera? Hint: It doesn't.

RIM Never NEVER said the camera was to be AF. It was third parties mentioning the camera was AF and they were wrong! It was no surprise as you state.
    08-12-11 09:44 PM
    To all the people who are callin' me Troll and don't believe, I'm not waiting for you to believe or not. For god's sake we have many providers here in the states ok!

Now back on topic, do you all work for RIM? because you are defending the phone as if I was the one doing wrong by complainin! as if this is how a phone in 2011 / 2012 should be released! **** this phone won't even pass for a 2 MP camera in my books!

Did y'all see the photo comparison of the regular photos comparision? Those looked less vibrant and colorful than the 9780! Just sad, agree or not, this phone sucks!

And no I don't wanna buy a Nikon XXX or a Canon XXX like some suggested, but when I pay for a top of the line phone now with all phones in the market having 12 and 8 MP cameras, I expect a phone that can take some acceptable pics. I am no photographer, nor am I over expecting! But cmon people stop taking those drugs you're on and open your eyes for 60 seconds only !
    08-12-11 09:46 PM
    To all the people who are callin' me Troll and don't believe, I'm not waiting for you to believe or not. For god's sake we have many providers here in the states ok!

Now back on topic, do you all work for RIM? because you are defending the phone as if I was the one doing wrong by complainin! as if this is how a phone in 2011 / 2012 should be released! **** this phone won't even pass for a 2 MP camera in my books!

Did y'all see the photo comparison of the regular photos comparision? Those looked less vibrant and colorful than the 9780! Just sad, agree or not, this phone sucks!

And no I don't wanna buy a Nikon XXX or a Canon XXX like some suggested, but when I pay for a top of the line phone now with all phones in the market having 12 and 8 MP cameras, I expect a phone that can take some acceptable pics. I am no photographer, nor am I over expecting! But cmon people stop taking those drugs you're on and open your eyes for 60 seconds only !
    Has anyone even compared the bold camera to a 8 or 12 MP camera? NOt that I have seen.

MP does not equal better pictures. Your posts continue to exude your ignorance of technology.
    1425956 likes this.
    08-12-11 09:48 PM
    Well take it back then! what a concept! Is RIM forcing a gun to your head and forcing you to keep it? Well?

I didnt think so.

You forgot that this is a messaging device FIRST. I never expect much out of a smartphone camera. If it works great and takes excellent photos then super, if not then oh well. I won't loose sleep over it and I sure as **** won't be as "pissed" as you. Okay? Bye bye, see you later. Ugh. Bait... End up taking it every time.
    Look, apologist, I bought a 9700 for what it can do.....and then the 9800 for what it can do....and to replace it with an inferior camera, WHICH IS VITAL TO ME (read that, please, read that - I DIDN'T BUY IT TO BE A MESSAGING DEVICE) is effing stupid on RIM's part. I could give a sh!t why you bought it, this phone is for me.

Trust me, I'm not losing sleep. I'm also FORCED BY RIM to seek a device that does what I have come to expect from my BlackBerry - from someone else.

Sad, really. All they had to do was keep the same camera that's in the 9800. Works GREAT!

If EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER CAN DO IT, why didn't RIM?

That's what I want to know (and apparently, many others).

DAMMIT this makes me mad. Stupid RIM apologists trying to make excuses when RIM should have done the right thing and tell us early on "Hey guys, no AF this time around, okay?"

They're not being forthright, in my opinion. I don't trust liars.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-12-11 09:48 PM
    Maybe hold yourself from calling people stupid. I have yet to call you out for how I see you...

And youre getting awfully huffy over something so trivial.

I shall move on now as I suspect this thread will end up in the toilet.
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-12-11 09:51 PM
    My Curve 8900, both Bold 9700's and Torch 9800 all had excellent cameras.
    I thought my Tour and Storm took decent pictures, but if they were indoors they were pretty pixelated. When I switched to an iPhone 4 and a Droid, I noticed that their photos looked a thousand times better. I haven't used any of the newer models that you have, so I guess things have changed! Good to hear. But this Bold does seem to be a step backwards..
    08-12-11 09:56 PM
    Maybe hold yourself from calling people stupid. I have yet to call you out for how I see you...
    You know what, you're 110% right about that. I am taking my frustrations on RIM out on you. My apologies.

That said, you're defending something that can't be defended. I need a good camera in my phone and RIM didn't deliver.

I was so super excited for this phone because it appeared to have it all, including the camera. Someone posted a bit ago about the specs...I can't tell you where, but there were so many sites a while back all stating auto-focus and nothing that disputed it. At this point, I am sure those sites have been corrected.

The problem is the camera doesn't meet my specs and I am forced to go elsewhere, which means an entirely new ecosystem and I have to re-learn everything all over again and lose all of the things I have come to rely on in a phone.....for a stupid camera.

Dammit. RIM, you suck. All over a stupid AF camera. (rant over)

Sorry for offending anyone; seriously, sorry. Extremely upset.
    08-12-11 09:57 PM
    My question is - why all the hating now? It has the SAME camera on the playbook that was released 4 months ago? Why did people NOT complain then? The reviews on the camera were actually quite promising.

You guys are blowing such a small issue way out of proportion. Pictures of text? Is that all you morons take pictures of? Why not go outside and take some real shots instead of sitting indoors and being keyboard warriors.
    Nobody cares what camera the Playbook has, it has much bigger problems than that.

As for your second point, phone cameras aren't exactly ideal for fine art photography. One thing they are useful for is barcode scanning. I doubt the 9900 will be much good for that though.
    08-12-11 09:57 PM

And youre getting awfully huffy over something so trivial.

I shall move on now as I suspect this thread will end up in the toilet.
    It's not trivial to me, that's my point. It is a HUGE loss for me. Call it OCD if you want, but I expect that from my Blackberry. Once they put a great camera in the Bold series, it was what I needed on that one front. Everything else is so excellent, build quality, notifications, everything. Convenience, battery life, everything, but I lost a feature that TO ME was vital.

Now I have to find a new ecosystem and no one makes one like BlackBerry. No one has the awesome keyboard.

The closest is Palm with the yet to be released Pre 3.
    08-12-11 10:00 PM
    You know what, you're 110% right about that. I am taking my frustrations on RIM out on you. My apologies.

That said, you're defending something that can't be defended. I need a good camera in my phone and RIM didn't deliver.

I was so super excited for this phone because it appeared to have it all, including the camera. Someone posted a bit ago about the specs...I can't tell you where, but there were so many sites a while back all stating auto-focus and nothing that disputed it. At this point, I am sure those sites have been corrected.

The problem is the camera doesn't meet my specs and I am forced to go elsewhere, which means an entirely new ecosystem and I have to re-learn everything all over again and lose all of the things I have come to rely on in a phone.....for a stupid camera.

Dammit. RIM, you suck. All over a stupid AF camera. (rant over)

Sorry for offending anyone; seriously, sorry. Extremely upset.
    Thank you. While I understand your frustrations, to me the camera is the last thing that is important to me. With that said I forget sometimes that each person has his or her own needs and preferences so I too apologize for being a bit quick on the trigger.
    08-12-11 10:02 PM
    Everyone relax their sphincters a bit - there is ZERO doubt that what RIM did with the camera on the 99xx is akin to buggery of a child in the 1st degree but RIM can get itself out of this mess by getting some tech heads in Canada to brain-storm a software solution to this mess.

I've heard from several people that software can help or hurt the EDOF system so what's important is for all to admit that the camera is absolute junk ( which it is ) and RIM needs to jump on this issue RIGHT NOW and do something about it.

If RIM comes up with a fix for this total mess prior to me getting another phone I would be happy and proud to buy yet another Berry. And I know I'm not alone.

As it stands the camera KILLS the 99xx and this needs to be fixed asap! All I want is a new Bold with a better engine, bigger display and touchscreen - like my workhorse 9650.

If we keep negative on the camera and positive on the other aspects of the phone ( which I believe are very positive ) we can make a change here.
    1425956 and gene_a_tals like this.
    08-12-11 10:05 PM
    My phone is my camera. Every picture I take and have taken for the past four years have been with my phone. I don't even know where the charger is for my camera since my phone has done what I need it to.

Sad, it's a staple for a smartphone to have a decent camera. This is a huge step backwards and RIM is going to get roasted for it.

You think that any salesperson selling other phones will recommend this phone to anyone that has any kind of camera needs? My two oldest kids don't use their cameras we bought them, they use their phones. They expect it.

Sad.
    While I agree that the camera is less than desirable, there are already threads on this topic. Here's one for instance--> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...36/index3.html
    howarmat likes this.
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD