Hi, so my Q10 broke, i will most probably get another one soon but now i m also looking into the bold 9900, cause i love the size and build quality. I would like to use it as my main phone, but only if its possible to send/receive emails (outlook) and to use it as a hotspot for my iphone whenever i need to. I m assuming making phone Calls and sending sms will work anyways.
    Yes so i really just want a simple, more less a dummy phone with this two extra features.
    Will that work on the 9900 in 2020?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-20 01:46 PM
    Hi, so my Q10 broke, i will most probably get another one soon but now i m also looking into the bold 9900, cause i love the size and build quality. I would like to use it as my main phone, but only if its possible to send/receive emails (outlook) and to use it as a hotspot for my iphone whenever i need to. I m assuming making phone Calls and sending sms will work anyways.
    Yes so i really just want a simple, more less a dummy phone with this two extra features.

Posted via CB10
    BBOS devices require BIS service from your carrier to maintain an internet connection. Being most carriers have or are in the process of phasing it out, you'll be better off buying another BB10 device like the Q10 for a longer term solution.
    05-02-20 02:13 PM
    Ok so i m gonna ask my carrier if they still Support it, otherwise most probably gonna get a few more Q10's haha
    Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-20 07:27 AM
    Many carriers, even if they haven't yet turned off BIS for remaining customers, are no longer activating BBOS devices, so check that too.
    05-03-20 01:20 PM
    As others have suggested, the 9900 probably won't be able to get an Internet connection for email and Web surfing.

That being said as an emergency device for a few weeks until you get a used Q10, you may be able to use a 9900 for calls and texts depending on your carriers restrictions.

Either way, good luck! Enjoy whatever your new device you choose

Posted via CB10
    05-07-20 01:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, as long as you have BIS. I have email syncing from my Outlook.com account. Even though my carrier is a minor one, I have not received any information about BIS being discontinued yet.
    But for various reasons I would go for the Q10 instead if you can
    05-07-20 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don’t waste your money on any BBOS hardware since BIS could disappear without any notice. If you must stick with an unsupported OS then go with BB10 and either Q10 or Classic since both only require carrier data as you already know.
    05-07-20 05:39 PM