Any users who already have the 9900 device. Can you provide us any feedback on the browser experience?

Can you read articles/websites with ease using the browser? How is that compared to 9700?

I loved the column view in OS5. I don't personally like the OS 6 browser with 9700. Hopefully 9900 brings the best of the larger screen and browser experience.

Appreciate any input. thanks!
    07-09-11 07:42 AM
    I would like to know this also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 07:59 AM
    It is better than OS6. It's closer to the PlayBook's browser in terms of performance.
    bighap and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    07-09-11 08:34 AM
    I think Opera Mini will be the best no matter what.

07-09-11 10:07 AM
    Why would you even want some watered down version of a browser on a 9900, which is a high performance device??

07-09-11 11:17 AM
    How is the screen size on the device? Obviously its not a huge 4.5" touch screen, but is there a considerable difference between the 99XX browsing screen and the 9650 screen?
    07-09-11 12:32 PM
    It is better than OS6. It's closer to the PlayBook's browser in terms of performance.
    if so...wow...i totally dig the PB browser...if 9900 same that would totally make my day
    07-09-11 02:01 PM
    From videos and user reviews, it seems like the browser looks pretty fast and smooth. As a Playbook owner, it almost looks smoother than the Playbook in some occasions. The 99xx looks to perform like the Playbook when Flash is disabled or non existent on a site.
    07-09-11 06:26 PM
    For me, this is the big question. The various apps for the android do almost nothing for me. The browsing experience, though, is what is missing on the blackberry.

Even if they offered an almost-as-good-as-android browser, I could cease with my droid thoughts.

With my 9650, even the YouTube experience can be hit or miss.

So yes... I'm very interested in this "browser experience" question.
    07-09-11 07:01 PM
    For me, this is the big question. The various apps for the android do almost nothing for me. The browsing experience, though, is what is missing on the blackberry.

Even if they offered an almost-as-good-as-android browser, I could cease with my droid thoughts.

With my 9650, even the YouTube experience can be hit or miss.

So yes... I'm very interested in this "browser experience" question.
    Totally agree! I have an iPad/iPod touch for my iOS app fun..
    another thing that kills me though is the small screen size of the 9650 (i came from a Storm2). Thats why I'm honestly leaning towards the 9850 at this point.
    07-09-11 07:18 PM
    How is the screen size on the device? Obviously its not a huge 4.5" touch screen, but is there a considerable difference between the 99XX browsing screen and the 9650 screen?
    I'd say it's a pretty significant upgrade for a candybar qwerty phone.

9650 = 2.4"
    99xx = 2.8"

Along with that it's upgraded from a half VGA to VGA screen resolution. I haven't seen it in person but imagine it will be pretty beautiful and crisp.
    07-09-11 07:31 PM
    I really despise the lack of a column view in OS6. I don't care how much more "advanced" the webkit browser is - column view is absolutely essential for reading web pages on a small screen. I hate the browsing experience on the Torch. You're constantly having to move the screen left and right, especially when text flows around an image, and sometime's it's impossible to get a good zoom level when text doesn't reflow.
    I reverted back to a 9000 after having the Torch a few weeks, the browsing experience was a big part of that. Sure the OS5 browser is slow and crude, but hey, it serves up pages in a simple and easy to read format and I only have to worry about scrolling up and down. I'm not too fussed about having the "complete" web page experience on a phone - as long as I can read the text and see the pictures that's all I need. Horizontal scrolling is a real pain.

Another thing I hated about OS6 was that it lost some keyboard shortcuts, most notably the 'j' key to reload a page with javascript - this was essential for those of us who have js turned off to make pages load faster, but who need to reload with js on occasion, like on a blog page that requires js to comment. I couldn't believe they removed this in OS6. I really really hope they've come to their senses in OS7 and reinstated column view and reload with js.

07-09-11 07:50 PM
    I really despise the lack of a column view in OS6. I don't care how much more "advanced" the webkit browser is - column view is absolutely essential for reading web pages on a small screen. I hate the browsing experience on the Torch. You're constantly having to move the screen left and right, especially when text flows around an image, and sometime's it's impossible to get a good zoom level when text doesn't reflow.
    I reverted back to a 9000 after having the Torch a few weeks, the browsing experience was a big part of that. Sure the OS5 browser is slow and crude, but hey, it serves up pages in a simple and easy to read format and I only have to worry about scrolling up and down. I'm not too fussed about having the "complete" web page experience on a phone - as long as I can read the text and see the pictures that's all I need. Horizontal scrolling is a real pain.

Another thing I hated about OS6 was that it lost some keyboard shortcuts, most notably the 'j' key to reload a page with javascript - this was essential for those of us who have js turned off to make pages load faster, but who need to reload with js on occasion, like on a blog page that requires js to comment. I couldn't believe they removed this in OS6. I really really hope they've come to their senses in OS7 and reinstated column view and reload with js.

Someone was very lucky to receive the 9900 today in the mail and he talks about his opinion on 0S7 and other things on this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-right-629150/
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 07-09-11 at 09:11 PM.
    07-09-11 09:07 PM
    Did you try double tapping the screen or zooming with the trackpad?
    07-10-11 03:57 AM
    Will the BB OS7 browser support HTML5 or Flash? There's been talk of it being similar to the Playbook's browser, but is it more like what's available now on OS6?
    07-10-11 01:57 PM
    Will the BB OS7 browser support HTML5 or Flash? There's been talk of it being similar to the Playbook's browser, but is it more like what's available now on OS6?
    HTML5 is currently supported in OS 6. There will be better HTML5 compatibility in 7.
    07-10-11 02:16 PM
    Any links to a good and detailed video of the browser?

Most videos I've seen so far are just random taps on icons to a cheesy soundtrack.
    07-10-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD