Dear All,

I got a BlackBerry Bold 9900, and I cannot use it
    If I turn on the device the keypad and the display backlights turn on, but I cannot see anything on the screen. At first I tought that the phone cannot start, but when I connected it to the PC via BB Desktop Software it could connect to it and I could see the installed programs, the files on the phone and others. I tried to connect it with the BB Master Control Program, I could make screen captures, and I saw that the phone starts and working, only the display blank. But if I connect the phone without battery and I try to turn it on the phone showes the battery icon with the red cross.
    So I don't know what may be the problem

Could anybody help?
    12-05-13 03:00 PM
    woow ummm, did u open the phone n did anything to it? did it fall from u?
    12-05-13 08:40 PM
    No, i didn't open it. It is a used company owned phone and when I tried to use it first it didn't work. I asked the previous user and tha answer was naturally that when he used it it worked very well. At first when I thought that maybe the os cannot load I tried to wipe the phone and reinstall the os several times and with several os versions but it couldn't help.
    12-06-13 12:02 AM
    I tried an another wipe, nuke and reinstall proccess, but it stopped with an error and strarts a boot loop. Finally, I get out the battery, started the loader, connected the phone, placed in the battery and updated the software. And when it finished, the phone restarted, and it is working now I am very suprised
    12-06-13 02:02 PM
    I tried an another wipe, nuke and reinstall proccess, but it stopped with an error and strarts a boot loop. Finally, I get out the battery, started the loader, connected the phone, placed in the battery and updated the software. And when it finished, the phone restarted, and it is working now I am very suprised
    hey it happened to me aswell i could only see the keyboad lights and a small white light inside LCD...i opened my mobile and simpy removed the lcd cable and put it back properly( it was not fixed properly before) after that i turnd on my BB and my sceen turned ON hope it will help you
    12-06-13 02:43 PM
    hey it happened to me aswell i could only see the keyboad lights and a small white light inside LCD...i opened my mobile and simpy removed the lcd cable and put it back properly( it was not fixed properly before) after that i turnd on my BB and my sceen turned ON hope it will help you
    Thanks, I will check it because it seems it was only a temporary status that it is working
    12-06-13 05:45 PM
    I tried it but didn't help
    12-07-13 02:49 PM
    Find a clean ROM on internet, wipe all the data, and reinstall the system.
    If the it still doesn't work on new system, that must be the problem of the LCD screen. You may change a new screen, it's not dear on eBay, and 9900 is so easy to tear down.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    szucsa83 likes this.
    12-10-13 03:10 PM
    Find a clean ROM on internet, wipe all the data, and reinstall the system.
    If the it still doesn't work on new system, that must be the problem of the LCD screen. You may change a new screen, it's not dear on eBay, and 9900 is so easy to tear down.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    LCD replace solved the problem, thanks.
    12-14-13 12:42 AM
    LCD replace solved the problem, thanks.
    I'm glad to know your phone relived. You're welcome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-14-13 10:29 AM