Hi, new to the forum. I've been using a Bold 9900 for the last few months. Strictly as a phone & SMS device. When I woke up today there was a Blackberry ID update waiting for me. That was a surprise, as I thought this phone was no longer being supported. Without thinking I downloaded the update, then realized it's probably not something I want with respect to privacy. I got a message that the phone needs to be re-started for the update to be installed, which I have not done. Is there any way of removing the update before it gets installed? Thanks.
    12-17-20 10:50 AM
    Hi, new to the forum. I've been using a Bold 9900 for the last few months. Strictly as a phone & SMS device. When I woke up today there was a Blackberry ID update waiting for me. That was a surprise, as I thought this phone was no longer being supported. Without thinking I downloaded the update, then realized it's probably not something I want with respect to privacy. I got a message that the phone needs to be re-started for the update to be installed, which I have not done. Is there any way of removing the update before it gets installed? Thanks.
    There is not. No.

But honestly I don't know what you got. There hasn't been anything in years.
    12-17-20 01:45 PM
    Interesting. That's what I thought too. I'm in Canada if that matters. Apparently our Feds have been working with BlackBerry on contact tracing for BlackBerry devices. I wonder..... That will teach me to download unknowns. And to leave wifi connected....
    12-17-20 03:00 PM
    Interesting. That's what I thought too. I'm in Canada if that matters. Apparently our Feds have been working with BlackBerry on contact tracing for BlackBerry devices. I wonder..... That will teach me to download unknowns. And to leave wifi connected....
    I'm in Canada too. The Covid app is only for Android.
    12-17-20 11:22 PM