My battery seems to have improved with time.

When I first got my 9900, the battery would hit "yellow" right around finishing work. Now, with the same amount of usage (almost), the battery is lasting a good 5 hours after work. I no longer have to carry my usb charger anymore...

am I the only one or is this common?
    10-17-11 11:03 PM
    Maybe it's because you updated your phone OS by any chance?

Or it really did work over time. Apparently, this OS can stabilize over time.
    10-18-11 01:15 AM
    I've noticed the same after a few weeks with my 9900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 03:03 AM
    I've only had my 9900 since Friday. Battery life is quite surprising. But I can't complain; I just blame it on the strong 4G reception I tend to get around the city. I'll see if I can notice any changes in battery life.

10-18-11 04:04 AM
    I've only had my 9900 since Friday. Battery life is quite surprising. But I can't complain; I just blame it on the strong 4G reception I tend to get around the city. I'll see if I can notice any changes in battery life.

Lol, we don't even have that "4G" here in UK, never mind LTE. Is it much faster in real life use?

10-18-11 04:15 AM
    I'm with T-Mobile and they're actually calling their fauxG 4G haha. But I have noticed slight speed increases particularly when downloading. Way faster than my old torch.

10-18-11 04:19 AM
    I'm with T-Mobile and they're actually calling their fauxG 4G haha. But I have noticed slight speed increases particularly when downloading. Way faster than my old torch.

Cool, I wonder when I'll see a H+ on my 9900 on Vodafone probably when my 2 year contract ends

10-18-11 04:25 AM
    This is the best feature experience by the users because there is improvement in battery pack up can be realise with the passage of time.
    10-18-11 02:08 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    mine seems to have improved with time also ..
    10-18-11 02:18 PM
    ive experienced this with both my current 9700 and my previous 9000. I found that straight after a f/w update the battery life sucked but within a few charge cycles would regain its longevity.
    Ive also noticed both phones battery life wasnt very good to start with but would get better.

Ill find out for myself tomorrow as my new 9900 arrives.
    10-18-11 04:54 PM
    Maybe it's just adjusted to your usage and adapted to it.
    10-18-11 05:35 PM

How are you getting 4G/FauxG on your 9900??

Any slight speed increase with your 9900 over your Torch is probably due to OS7 optimization, not throughput or signal strength...
    10-18-11 06:05 PM
    How are you getting 4G/FauxG on your 9900??

Any slight speed increase with your 9900 over your Torch is probably due to OS7 optimization, not throughput or signal strength...
    Well the T-Mobile 9900 gets fauxG or H+. I live in an area that has the requisite coverage. Therefore, I get the coverage. And as far as download speeds go, you're telling me that's the OS? So me downloading an app faster on the 9900 than a friend downloading the same app on her 9300 is a fluke? O_o

10-18-11 08:31 PM
    I often wonder if the reason this happens is because when we first get out phones we tend to play with them and poke around on it more which causes the battery to drain quicker.
    Once we get used to having the phone and the wow factor wears off and we go back to our normal everyday use like with our old phones and the batter last longer at that point.

Just a theory, I'm basing this on nothing at all.

10-18-11 08:51 PM
    I often wonder if the reason this happens is because when we first get out phones we tend to play with them and poke around on it more which causes the battery to drain quicker.
    Once we get used to having the phone and the wow factor wears off and we go back to our normal everyday use like with our old phones and the batter last longer at that point.

Just a theory, I'm basing this on nothing at all.

I can definitely say that is not the case with me. I spend the day on my iPhone. My 9900 just sits in my bag. Signal stretch is pretty good in the areas I'm in through the day. So between receiving emails and bbms, my device battery drops rather quickly. I'm installing meterberry to log the change in battery life.

10-18-11 08:56 PM
    Well the T-Mobile 9900 gets fauxG or H+. I live in an area that has the requisite coverage. Therefore, I get the coverage. And as far as download speeds go, you're telling me that's the OS? So me downloading an app faster on the 9900 than a friend downloading the same app on her 9300 is a fluke? O_o

9300 is running OS6. OS7 is a big difference.

It's by no means a fluke. I was just saying the download speed seems faster mainly because of the OS7 optimization, not the fauxG.
    10-18-11 11:51 PM
    9300 is running OS6. OS7 is a big difference.

It's by no means a fluke. I was just saying the download speed seems faster mainly because of the OS7 optimization, not the fauxG.
    I would go with that, except that strictly on wifi, the download speeds were comparable.

10-19-11 12:07 AM
    The high battery usage in the beginning could be due to BES initialization, downloading new apps, installing new apps, synchronizing BBM contacts, and indexing & creating thumbnails for all the pictures/videos/mp3s you put on the internal memory or on your memory card.
    10-19-11 12:37 AM
    I've noticed the same thing. When I first got the bb9900 the battry was low on power before finishing work. Just over a week old (with the same level of usage) and it lasts up to 7pm in the evening.
    10-19-11 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD