Is there anyone here still using the bold 9900 this 2015 despite its battery life claims?
    Plenty of us. BB itself validated its continued usefulness by re-releasing it last summer. The 9900 provides a feature set found NO where else. Including the ability to customize battery size with needs. Its OEM battery was small and light for those with light needs. My 9900 just provided 5 DAYS of endurance with this oversized battery.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ttery-1014228/

Do THAT with fixed battery "modern" jokes.
    04-20-15 12:45 PM
    Is there anyone here still using the bold 9900 this 2015 despite its battery life claims?
    I'm not but...

I did buy 2 of the batteries mentioned in this post back in 2012 and both are bulging so much they look like they might crack open.
    Last edited by OntarioBlackberry; 06-04-15 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-04-15 01:15 PM
    I'm not but...

I did buy 2 of the batteries mentioned in this post back in 2012 and both are bulging so much they look like they might crack open.
    Holy smack! I don't know what to say, but if the batteries being sold don't have the same protective casing (hard plastic is best!) around to contain much of the swelling, or even bloat/swell at all, it could be cheap materials or defective.
    06-04-15 01:20 PM
    I'm not but...

Swelling & cracking are never good. While amazingly rare, LiOn "thermonuclear meltdown" might be TOO much excitement. Lol. Still testing the batts I mentioned a few posts back but their performance varies enough to question quality.

OEM, like sold on CB's store, are pretty "safe bet". NOT made for carrying in pockets with keys, change, pocketknife, tho. Soft covering gets chewed up easily. Just cosmetic AFAIK, tho.

At least we 9900 users have choices. 9900's "smallish" swappable battery configuration permitted a comfortably compact design. Its tiny battery works because it CAN be swapped mid day, if needed. And, it can be readily retrofitted with batts sized to personal needs. Fixed batt configurations trend heavier & larger because the fixed batt must be sized for worst case full day. Something few need EVERYday.
    06-06-15 10:28 AM
504 ... 192021
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD