Hi everyone in the community,

I am new here and very interested in having a Bold 9900. Hopefully I can have on when it first comes out to the market. Personally, I want a phone with suprerior battery performance as this is very important to me and there are a few discussions in the forum about the battery issues for the new device. Those concerns make me worried.

I saw a quite few people here already have the bold on their hand. The videos showed everything but the battery live. So, I would like to ask you that, if you have already had one, how the battery performs, based on your hands-on experience, I would really appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-22-11 01:00 PM
    CX, is very knowledgeable and he has worked with the 9900, he states that is getting to par with the 9700, enough said!
    Blessed Berries likes this.
    07-22-11 01:07 PM
    buy a spare :P then youve no worry
    07-22-11 01:07 PM
    Has there been any BB with bad battery life? I assume the Storm and Torch might.
    07-22-11 01:17 PM
    CX, is very knowledgeable and he has worked with the 9900, he states that is getting to par with the 9700, enough said!

Quote: This morning's update from CX: "And for my CrackBerry friends the 9900's battery life is close behind the iPhone4.
    07-22-11 01:29 PM
    I had a BB Torch for a week and thought the battery was a little less impressive than my 9700 and current 9780. If I can get 12 hours out of it then I'll be happy.

Maybe seido will bring out an extended battery.
    07-22-11 01:37 PM
    Quote: This morning's update from CX: "And for my CrackBerry friends the 9900's battery life is close behind the iPhone4.

So is that good or bad, how does it relate to the 9700, oh boy here we go round and round.
    Kinda sounds like your already up to date on the info you seek, Thanks for the new thread.
    07-22-11 01:39 PM
    So is that good or bad, how does it relate to the 9700, oh boy here we go round and round.
    He must've been one of the lucky ones, but CX made it clear he thinks very highly of the iPhone 4's battery.
    07-22-11 01:41 PM
    Kinda sounds like your already up to date on the info you seek, Thanks for the new thread.
    No, I think that CX's comment is great but a little generic. All I am looking for are the real test from those who get the actural unit on their hand (a lot of videos on yuotube). It is very frastrating to see that they only talked about how great the unit looks without a ture, quantifiable battery review. But anyway, thanks for your post though!
    07-22-11 01:54 PM
    this means battery sucks???

iphone 4 battery lasts less than 12 hours!!
    AbuYazeedUK and Sharke like this.
    07-22-11 02:06 PM
    this means battery sucks???

iphone 4 battery lasts less than 12 hours!!
    thats funny.. because i got mine on day 1 and can still hammer the battery and still get a day and a half..
    07-22-11 02:08 PM
    Sorry but that comparison sucks. The ip4 battery is not that good. I will be picking up a spare regardless.
    07-22-11 02:48 PM
    If you want to sacrifice some of the thinness, you could also consider an extended battery pack when (or if) they are released by Seidio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-22-11 02:53 PM
    Sorry but that comparison sucks. The ip4 battery is not that good. I will be picking up a spare regardless.
    I really don't think that you can comment on battery life of any other phone unless you have owned that phone. You know what kind of usage you get from your current phone on a single charge. I think to really make a good comparison, you need to own that other phone and see how long it lasts on similar usage.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-22-11 02:56 PM
    CX has compared battery life to the i4 and 9700, which is very good in my book. Regardless I will be buying a spare battery and stand alone charger as usual. Hate being tied to a charger when I need a charge.

BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9900/9930, Torch 9850/9860 - CrackBerry Canada
    07-22-11 02:58 PM
    I really don't think that you can comment on battery life of any other phone unless you have owned that phone. You know what kind of usage you get from your current phone on a single charge. I think to really make a good comparison, you need to own that other phone and see how long it lasts on similar usage.
    I have owned that device, 2 of them. One of which I jailbroken and the other stock os. For my daily use the jailbroken device performed a bit better than stock. So yes I can comment on the battery life. I just recently changed from the ip4 to evo 3d. What I had to do to combat the battery life was purchase the mophie juice pack. That is a great buy and wish that company would fab something like that for the 99xx series. You could go literally days without plugging in for a charge.
    07-22-11 03:24 PM
    Just to reference, my iP4 battery is at least as good as my 9700 and 9780 was once I set up my gmail to push and not fetch. Email fetching is what drains iP4 battery fast.
    Once I got gmail to push (set up as ms exchange) battery is 97xx easily, so CX is correct to compare.
    That tells us 99xx should be on par with 97xx series. Good enough for me.

07-22-11 03:29 PM
    Just to reference, my iP4 battery is at least as good as my 9700 and 9780 was once I set up my gmail to push and not fetch. Email fetching is what drains iP4 battery fast.
    Once I got gmail to push (set up as ms exchange) battery is 97xx easily, so CX is correct to compare.

Since I don't have any experience with a Blackberry or iPhone device (yet), how long did your 9700/9780 actually last on a single charge?
    07-22-11 04:10 PM
    Yup... Twitter

07-22-11 04:20 PM
    My 9900 would get slightly less time than my 9780. But then again I am still playing too much. The battery will last more than enough for the average user. For those who can't keep their hands off their "toy", you might want another battery or do a quick 20 minute recharge during the day. I am never away from my computer or SUV which are both capable of charging my device.

I would not consider it even something to worry about. I am coming home with 60% left after 40-60 emails and I use about 2000 minutes a month.

For some there is no making them happy, RIM has done a great job for 95%!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-22-11 at 05:02 PM.
    07-22-11 04:57 PM
    My 9900 would get slightly less time than my 9780. But then again I am still playing too much. The battery will last more than enough for the average user. For those who can keep their hands off their "toy", you might want another battery or do a quick 20 minute recharge during the day. I am never away from my computer or SUV which are both capable of charging my device.

I would not consider it even something to worry about. I am coming home with 60% left after 40-60 emails and I use about 2000 minutes a month.

For some there is no making them happy, RIM has done a great job for 95%!
    very well said.
    07-22-11 05:00 PM
    Look you guys want faster phones and want them thin that's what happens you have ro sacrifice somthing rim has bean warning us for a long time
    07-22-11 06:49 PM
    speed is worth having to carry an extra battery. if you get an extra battery and an external battery charger, you don't to worry about battery life.

it helps even with the best battery life phones, except the iphone.
    07-22-11 07:06 PM
    Considering how much smaller the 9900 battery is compared to the iPhone4, that's pretty impressive.

07-22-11 07:20 PM
    why worry about a bb's battery life?im considering android/apple as my second device for my upgrade..the battery life drainage there is much more an issue.im not fond of the idea carrying around chargers all day long.so i will think 100x before buying the second device.
    bighap likes this.
    07-22-11 09:45 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD