I'm trying to help a friend with their 9900 but I've run into problems, it's a complete mess. It started when I couldn't access App world it would give the error "There has been too many PIN changes....Error: 30801" I was told to check for IT policies but it's disabled in the BUYR menu, tried updating App world, still got the same message, then I had the idea of stripping out the current ID by uninstalling Blackberry Identity but it wasn't listed under Applications, so found an OTA download, restarted but no difference. When you go to options > Third party > there's no BB ID option. Deleted App world and reinstalled that didn't work either. What else can I do? Is a factory reset the only answer?
    04-21-13 04:36 PM
    Sounds like your friend has used their BBID on too many devices. You are limited to the number of times you can change the association between the BBID and the PIN of different devices. Once the limit has been reached you get the error message that you are getting. I know with BB10, you can use your BBID on 5-10 devices in a one year period. I'm not sure what the exact number is for legacy OS devices. You can email BlackBerry support, open a trouble ticket. Once you get the ticket number call the number in the email, enter the ticket number and you'll have a chance to speak to a support tech who can reset everything for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:52 PM