So pleased with my 9900, i decided to make a post. Totally totally amazed at the negative comments in this forum. For the record i am an ex Bold 9000 user who transferred to Torch (2 diff phones) and is now jumping back to 9900. I liked the Torch, but it was never wow for me despite the extra screen space.
    So far after 3 days I am extremely happy with the Bold. Why ? First my top priority is the keyboard and the 9900 is simply incredible. It is a pleasure to type on this device. I cannot believe how quickly I can type without errors. Absolutely and utterly brilliant. Secondly my other favourite of the 9000 was the call quality which i never achieved with the Torch. So far the 9900 is back to the loud crystal clear reception i got from the Bold 9000, and I KNOW for sure that after a few software updates things will only get better. The battery is about the same as i got from the Torch which was satisfactory, but not incredible. I am fairly sure though that it won't be long before seidio have some super long life options. The device is of course very much faster than the old Bold and the Torch, and the screen is brilliant. Very WELL done RIM . I have an IMAC and IPAD and absolutely love them to bits, but I would NOT swap my 9900 for an IPHONE4 or IPHONE5. Everyone who loved the old BOLD 9000 should dive in for the 9900 !!
    Bold9930 likes this.
    08-27-11 03:46 PM
    Congrats. I'm still waiting for my carrier to release them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 03:49 PM
    Yes this device is finally a winner for RIM! I left android for this device and to be thruthful I can't put it down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 03:55 PM
    It's good to hear some people having great experiences with their bolds. Everybody's should be this way.
    08-27-11 04:07 PM
    I am absolutely enjoying my Bold 9930 as well. Its such an eye catching and well-built device. It works great. Even as much as I love it, my specific Bold isn't perfect. I've got a semi-squeeky optical track-pad, and even the screen that is "off white" (yellowish tint on what's supposed to be a white screen). But you know what? I don't mind, those are the things that make my Bold, "My Bold". Glad to see such a positive thread. I truly hope it stays positive!
    08-27-11 04:16 PM
    I can't put it down. I had no idea until a few weeks ago what this device was all about so I'm glad I was first inline when Verizon made them available online.

I signed up many weeks ago in the RIMM site for email communications as to when this device would be available, but they still haven't sent me anything yet. Glad I did my own research. I'm just sorry for the people that aren't even aware it exists yet.
    08-27-11 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD