I'm willing to bet at least good 50% of BlackBerry devices in customer hands are "old" and ready for updating. They haven't released devices in ages--especially BOLDs outside of the silly 9780 refresh. CDMA carriers haven't seen any love since the 9650! I have a feeling if these customers stay with RIM, OS7 devices (especially the 9900/9930) are going to sell like crazy!
    I'm one of them in nov when my upgrade is here.
    08-01-11 07:07 PM
    I'm one of them in nov when my upgrade is here.
    I'm one of them the day it drops on VZW!
    08-01-11 07:23 PM
    rim hasnt really released a product with this many carriers and with just a few weeks or maybe days apart so really there might not be that many to go around at first so im thinking a sellout is likely
    08-01-11 07:36 PM
    I highly doubt that this will sell out because no one knows about it except people from here on Crackberry and a few others who don't care about BBs. If you ask other people who are not into tech as much they won't know anything about it and some won't care because they want a "Droid" or iPhone. This phone may sell well once it's out for a couple weeks if it really is as awesome as it seems but because other people will get to see it and play with it from people like us
    08-01-11 08:41 PM
    My storm2 is dying. The call speaker is all scratchy, especially with the higher pitches. Surepress has also been acting up lately. Good thing I can upgrade Aug. 9th. I'll probably be getting the phone the day it comes out. Not sure how much longer it will last. Especially since trying to maintain a conversation with a prospective employer is difficult with all the scratchiness.
    08-01-11 08:48 PM
    I'll be at TMO the day it drops, but not out of fear of a shortage. Most consumers have no idea it's coming out or understand it's capabilities. Most, given the choice, will choose iPhone or Android over 9900 because they can "consume" info/entertainment better on iPhone/Android. 9900 is for "processors" of information (i.e. - people who get stuff done). I'm not bashing the biz folks who have iphone/android. I'm talking about the general consumer of smartphones; they consume, they don't process, thus a 4" screen and no qwrty keyboard fits their needs.
    08-01-11 09:30 PM
    Was just discussing this on Twitter. Came to a weird realization tonight. I think I'm going to stock up on 9930s. I'm actually going to miss BBOS when QNX takes over, form factor is perfect, incredible keyboard, I don't want to change... Lol.
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    08-01-11 09:35 PM
    Ill be getting one day one on Verizon. Are there any cases that work in the charging pod?
    08-01-11 10:01 PM
    Ill be getting one day one on Verizon. Are there any cases that work in the charging pod?
    First Look: OEM BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900/9930 Accessories | Accessorize Mobile
    Check those out. The softshelled-gel cases look snazzy, but I bet they're crappy.
    08-01-11 10:06 PM
    I remember it was PITA to get the Bold 9700...

...I went through five exchanges. LOL

I would be shocked it if does sell out. Though, I'm also expecting 3-4 threads about the Track Pad.
    08-01-11 10:31 PM
    I have to say that RIM definitely puts out nice looking accessories. I will likely get the holster or the pouch case along with the charging dock.
    08-02-11 07:11 AM
    I thought the same thing about the Tour. I arrived at the store early on launch day and I was the only one there getting one. Most people are unaware of this phones launch.
    This is the main issue, and one that RIM should be focusing on for this launch. Ideally, they should have advertisements all over the place starting the same day that they announce an official launch date. That would ensure a lot of media coverage and it won't say "coming soon", which consumers might just shrug off.
    08-02-11 10:57 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD