I understand what your saying AT&T didn't launch the 9000 when a lot of other carriers did because they realized there were problems with it. So what am I asking is that when all the other carriers release the 9900 are they going to run into problems with device? Since AT&T thinks the device isn't ready for field testing. The only reason I bring up North America is becuase your the one that said other countries don't have as high TA standards, that's why I could care less about when its released overseas that doesn't give a good indication of how ready the device actualy is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ah, makes sense now why you said that, totally understand. Well obviously the 9930 is being released, but it doesn't fall in the same category. So we have T-Mo, Rogers, Telus & Bell. I suspect much like the 9000, they'll wait on firmware updates to rectify the problem.

Just look at a CB blog post from 2008 on one of the first carriers to release the 9000. Look at what it said about what issues will be fixed---> Rogers Bold Owner? Upgrade Your Operating System Now!!! | CrackBerry.com

Keep in mind the 9000 on AT&T released with a newer build than .162!! So you can see how bad things were. AT&T refused to release a device that suffered such problems. It was ridiculous to say the very least. Hence why AT&T waited.

You must understand that there was an original delay, that all carriers have suffered. Now past that, AT&T has found issue with the hw/sw config. It will be released asap. But AT&T will make sure it's right when it's released.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-02-11 04:51 PM
    Thanks for all the info Crucial. I am gonna take my chances with a Rogers on att. Then when att releases grab one in white

fiddysheqel likes this.
    08-02-11 05:03 PM
    Ah, makes sense now why you said that, totally understand. Well obviously the 9930 is being released, but it doesn't fall in the same category. So we have T-Mo, Rogers, Telus & Bell. I suspect much like the 9000, they'll wait on firmware updates to rectify the problem.

Just look at a CB blog post from 2008 on one of the first carriers to release the 9000. Look at what it said about what issues will be fixed---> Rogers Bold Owner? Upgrade Your Operating System Now!!! | CrackBerry.com

Keep in mind the 9000 on AT&T released with a newer build than .162!! So you can see how bad things were. AT&T refused to release a device that suffered such problems. It was ridiculous to say the very least. Hence why AT&T waited.

You must understand that there was an original delay, that all carriers have suffered. Now past that, AT&T has found issue with the hw/sw config. It will be released asap. But AT&T will make sure it's right when it's released.
    Thanks for all the info crucial! Much appreciated its just hard to wait for the device while all the other carriers are getting it I'm still rockin the 9700 and need a new device asap, and dislike the torch.

Last edited by blanc71; 08-02-11 at 05:12 PM.
    08-02-11 05:09 PM
    Thanks for all the info Crucial. I am gonna take my chances with a Rogers on att. Then when att releases grab one in white

That's what I did on the 9000. BUT, like Crucial wrote the first few OSes were very very buggy (think my first was .124). It was a challenge to keep it working at times. BUT I had my 9000 and it was stable before att released. I still have it and use it once in a while. Loved the 9000! I had the 9930 for a week at work and will be bugging the Canadians here for a 9900 when Rogers releases it.

Todd
    08-02-11 06:40 PM
    Well you know what they say, "It's worth the wait." I think it's good that AT&T is doing this that way customers don't have to complain to the carrier of what problems they have when it first comes out. They want to make sure to Satisfy all their customers. That's Great customer service!
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-02-11 07:09 PM

PG
    again, thanks for the information!
    08-02-11 07:29 PM
    That's what I did on the 9000. BUT, like Crucial wrote the first few OSes were very very buggy (think my first was .124). It was a challenge to keep it working at times. BUT I had my 9000 and it was stable before att released. I still have it and use it once in a while. Loved the 9000! I had the 9930 for a week at work and will be bugging the Canadians here for a 9900 when Rogers releases it.

Todd
    Nice, any HW issues with the 9930 you used? I loved the 9000 also
    08-02-11 07:35 PM
    Nice, any HW issues with the 9930 you used? I loved the 9000 also
    None at all. Solid and far better than the att release of the 9000...
    Its ready to roll if you ask me
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-02-11 07:46 PM

CX, I am still bit unclear that considering it's a RIM's flagship device wouldn't it make sense to provide a factor of safety for such hardware issues and release it earlier to carriers so that they can begin lab test asap.

As we have come to learn from your posts 9900 has been at AT&T for over a month.Now because of hardware & software issues AT&T might release them in November.

Now if RIM and AT&T had put more planning into this and had the bold 9900 in the labs by March then we could have been seeing 9900 releasing in August now.

I am a bit perplexed by the chain of events here.And I am sure RIM is the one at fault here for not getting these devices into carrier labs early and if late not being bug-free.
    08-02-11 09:06 PM
    I'm sorry but if every other network across the world is releasing the 9900 2 months before AT&T I don't buy it's a problem with the device its more to do with something on AT&T's end.

I wonder.......with the T-mobile pending acquisition (could they be testing this device to work with T-mobile frequency towers as well? The changes of that might be very slim..just wondering if could be a possibility..

After the acquisition (if closes) they will be required to make sure 9900 works with both AT&T and T-mobile? ...........any thoughts anyone...
    08-02-11 09:27 PM
    thank you op for creating this thread.i love how some people are bombarding at&t for not being on time.and other people are backing up why at&t is taking so long.but the thing this phone was announced way back in may and now its august.so how much time does a carrier need to get the device right.and why it has to be at&t always that needs the extra delay time.i agree with that cx that at&t benefited with the extra time with the 9000,while other carriers suffered with bugs.but this is no longer 2008,its 2011.and if carriers like at&t have not improved their management skills,then you can expect it customers to be upset and whine and complain.but maybe its not the hardware that is the concern.maybe its because at&t knows smart business.and iphone 5 is the diamond that helps them cash in.so technically speaking,the iphone 5 out first benefits them.more consumers to commit to them with the iphone then bb.but this entire thing has been blown up in proportions.at&t needs to come out and say something.
    08-02-11 09:52 PM
    **** yeah I'm just glad they announced it!

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!!

FIST PUMP... LET'S DO THIS!!!
    08-03-11 08:04 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD