I've been doing a lot of looking around on the web and asking AT&T about when the Bold 9900/9930 is coming out for them. Needless to say my AT&T store is completely useless. Nobody seems to know anything about it and wont even check their paper work. I've seen rumors of between Aug 21 and Sept 6th but nothing solid except for Verizon and Tmobile. Quite depressing at the moment. Anyone know somewhat of a solid date for AT&T? I imagine they will come out within a couple of weeks of each other but AT&T can be....a pain at times.
    Getting Anxious!!!!

NismoT
    08-02-11 12:24 AM
    One's thing for sure, it won't be the 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 12:34 AM
    Regular people who work at any store would not know unless the release is a few days away or otherwise has not been announced by a carrier.

08-02-11 12:35 AM
    I would not be surprised if ATT did have a device as they are usually ahead of the other carriers.

Sent wirelessly
    Last edited by atuarre; 08-02-11 at 01:54 AM.
    08-02-11 01:41 AM
    Search for posts by phonegeek and Crucial_Xtreme. They've got good, reliable information.
    Last information they gave was around October for AT&T.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 03:38 AM
    October is going to be a crime for AT&T users. Yet we have plenty of reasons why it's that late. If it does come out in October just remember. Patience is a virtue...
    08-02-11 07:00 AM
    I'm sure I can wait till October. Just anxious cause my upgrade from the Curve 8520 is August 12th. Thanks for the replies guys.

NismoT
    08-02-11 07:41 AM
    Since it hasn't been released for field testing yet October would be the earliest.

I do expect 9810 and the 9860 to be released before the 9900 (on at&t) with 9810 setup as an August release and 9860 for a possible late September release.

PG
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    08-02-11 08:51 AM
    Is it true that OS 6 still isn't avalible for AT&T users who are running phones that could take it?
    08-02-11 09:38 AM
    Since it hasn't been released for field testing yet October would be the earliest.

I do expect 9810 and the 9860 to be released before the 9900 (on at&t) with 9810 setup as an August release and 9860 for a possible late September release.

PG

thanks for the information. just wondering if the 9860 has been in AT&T field testing yet.
    08-02-11 09:46 AM
    I talked to a BlackBerry store employee. He said that the new bold will "hopefully be released by the end of the month" and that "AT&T will not be one of the first with it." *insert grain of salt*
    08-02-11 10:13 AM
    Is it true that OS 6 still isn't avalible for AT&T users who are running phones that could take it?
    I don't know what At&t has released, but OS6 is absolutely available for At&t phones.
    08-02-11 10:18 AM

PG
    The 9810 took what 30 days to field test?? What's not to say the 9900 doesn't go into field testing 2 weeks from now? Our you positive it won't start field testing until September?

08-02-11 10:56 AM
    The 9810 took what 30 days to field test?? What's not to say the 9900 doesn't go into field testing 2 weeks from now? Our you positive it won't start field testing until September?

The 9810 entered field testing on 6-14 & was tested for roughly 7 weeks with release likely to be 8-19, that's 9 weeks total.

Now count 9 weeks from 2 weeks from today and you get roughly 10-17.

Unless of course something special happens....
    08-02-11 11:29 AM
    The 9810 entered field testing on 6-14 & was tested for roughly 7 weeks with release likely to be 8-19, that's 9 weeks total.

Now count 9 weeks from 2 weeks from today and you get roughly 10-17.

Unless of course something special happens....
    Well then make something special happen we all believe in you!!

08-02-11 11:48 AM
    OS6 has been released by at&t for both the 9700 and 9800 that i know of.

thanks for the information. just wondering if the 9860 has been in AT&T field testing yet.

PG
    08-02-11 12:33 PM
    I'm sorry but if every other network across the world is releasing the 9900 2 months before AT&T I don't buy it's a problem with the device its more to do with something on AT&T's end.

08-02-11 12:40 PM
    If AT&T releases the 9900 two months after everyone else, not releasing it until the new Iphone is out, maybe a sign that AT&T is Apple's b***h.

Or to be fair, they want to push the Torch 2 more?
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 08-02-11 at 01:16 PM.
    08-02-11 01:09 PM
    I'm sorry but if every other network across the world is releasing the 9900 2 months before AT&T I don't buy it's a problem with the device its more to do with something on AT&T's end.

Wow you just don't get it do you?? It's obvious that you never will. Nevermind that the 9000 was delayed on AT&T and even though other carriers released it AT&T didn't and waited on newer hardware. Nevermind some carriers discontinued the 9000 until the problems were fixed. It's just AT&T.

Edit: I'm not trying to be a pr1ck but you are just unwilling to believe anything. Even though there is factual evidence that contradicts EXACTLY what you said above. It just baffles me.
    08-02-11 01:21 PM
    I doubt that it's because of Apple. Not only does it cost AT&T more to buy each phone from Apple but the users tend to use MORE data and the device is less data efficent (I.e no compression).

08-02-11 01:23 PM
    ATT will definitely take this phone in.
    08-02-11 01:25 PM
    Wow you just don't get it do you?? It's obvious that you never will. Nevermind that the 9000 was delayed on AT&T and even though other carriers released it AT&T didn't and waited on newer hardware. Nevermind some carriers discontinued the 9000 until the problems were fixed. It's just AT&T.

Edit: I'm not trying to be a pr1ck but you are just unwilling to believe anything. Even though there is factual evidence that contradicts EXACTLY what you said above. It just baffles me.
    I get what your saying but how many north american carriers release the 9000 before AT&T Rogers? This isn't the case with the 9900/9930 EVERY major carrier in North America is releasing this device before AT&T. So when the device does launch this month is it going to suffer from major issues?? I get that AT&T is more complex but 2 months after is absurd.

08-02-11 03:18 PM
    I get what your saying but how many north american carriers release the 9000 before AT&T Rogers? This isn't the case with the 9900/9930 EVERY major carrier in North America is releasing this device before AT&T. So when the device does launch this month is it going to suffer from major issues?? I get that AT&T is more complex but 2 months after is absurd.

Geez you just wont give it up, Crucial has answered you many times why not just go off that information and wait?
    08-02-11 03:47 PM

What does North America have to do with anything? T-Mobile didn't carry it. There wasn't a CDMA Bold 9000. N.A. is irrelevant. However, across the world many carriers released the 9000. AT&T didn't.
    So your assertion that if AT&T releases it months after the others, it's just isn't necessarily correct and the launch of the 9000 is proof of it.

I'm not saying they're going to launch it 2 months after everyone else. I'm just saying that other carriers released the 9000 when AT&T found flaws and demanded a hardware revision. When they released it, there were many problems. When AT&T released it, it was right. So while you may think it's absurd, the carriers that discontinued the 9000 agreed with AT&T so no it's not absurd. It's called making sure it's right.
    crazy1323 likes this.
    08-02-11 04:09 PM
    What does North America have to do with anything? T-Mobile didn't carry it. There wasn't a CDMA Bold 9000. N.A. is irrelevant. However, across the world many carriers released the 9000. AT&T didn't.
    So your assertion that if AT&T releases it months after the others, it's just isn't necessarily correct and the launch of the 9000 is proof of it.

I'm not saying they're going to launch it 2 months after everyone else. I'm just saying that other carriers released the 9000 when AT&T found flaws and demanded a hardware revision. When they released it, there were many problems. When AT&T released it, it was right. So while you may think it's absurd, the carriers that discontinued the 9000 agreed with AT&T so no it's not absurd. It's called making sure it's right.
    I understand what your saying AT&T didn't launch the 9000 when a lot of other carriers did because they realized there were problems with it. So what am I asking is that when all the other carriers release the 9900 are they going to run into problems with device? Since AT&T thinks the device isn't ready for field testing. The only reason I bring up North America is becuase your the one that said other countries don't have as high TA standards, that's why I could care less about when its released overseas that doesn't give a good indication of how ready the device actualy is.

Last edited by blanc71; 08-02-11 at 04:19 PM.
    08-02-11 04:17 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD