I will laugh if Q10 sales never eclipse 9900/9930 sales...#bestever

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    The Camry will forever outsell the Aston Martin DB9, not a good metric for judging which is the "best"- McDonald's syndrom.

Posted via CB10
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-18-13 05:32 PM
    Today's World is judged on sales...but I still hate the iPhone, even though it's the best!

09-18-13 05:58 PM
    The Camry will forever outsell the Aston Martin DB9, not a good metric for judging which is the "best"- McDonald's syndrom.

Posted via CB10
    The DB9 is not the successor to the Camry, nor is it marketed to the same people.
    09-18-13 07:14 PM
    The DB9 is not the successor to the Camry, nor is it marketed to the same people.
    Neither of which changes the fact that sales numbers aren't an appropriate metric to judge what is the "best."

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:37 PM
    By that logic, the Nokia 1100 is the best phone that has ever been made and the iPhone 4S is the best iPhone that has ever been made.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:47 PM
    Yikes, where do I begin? First of all, "Just because you don't still drive your 93' Legend doesn't mean it wasn't the best Legend ever." This was your analogy, and it was incorrect in the context of "is the 9900/9930 the best Blackberry ever?" It would be "...Doesn't mean it wasn't the best Acura ever."
    Also, YOU were the one who said "but the physical device is certainly the best." My point is if you are simply using "the physical device" as your metric, the 9900 is certainly NOT the best. The Q10 build quality is significantly higher without question. In fact, if you want to focus on physical features:
    Speakers- Q10
    Screen- Q10
    Keyboard- Q10
    Battery- Q10
    Camera- Q10
    I could go on. The bottom line is that about the only thing you could even possibly argue for the 9900 is the trackpad, and that is a pretty subjective statement. And this is just relating to the "physical device" as you put it. Obviously the internals and operating system in the Q10 are miles ahead of the old 9900/9930.
    I can tell you just like arguing and will defend whatever you have said no matter how illogical it may be. There is at least one in every bunch...........

You should read YOUR posts before you start dissecting anyone's response to them.
    09-18-13 07:52 PM
    I can tell you just like arguing and will defend whatever you have said no matter how illogical it may be. There is at least one in every bunch...........

You should read YOUR posts before you start dissecting anyone's response to them.
    Of course I will defend what I have said, with logic. Until I am presented with compelling facts/evidence that support a contrasting opinion. That's how adults discuss things. Notable is the fact that the only response I was "dissecting" was your poorly framed "dissecting" of my response. What's good for the goose...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:44 PM
    Of course I will defend what I have said, with logic. Until I am presented with compelling facts/evidence that support a contrasting opinion. That's how adults discuss things. Notable is the fact that the only response I was "dissecting" was your poorly framed "dissecting" of my response. What's good for the goose...

Posted via CB10
    Defending what you have said no matter how illogical it is, is impossible to do so with logic. I was not dissecting anything you said. I was opining that your analogy between your beloved Legend and the 9900 being obsolete made no sense and your convoluted response was that my analogy was flawed. I can see from all of your posts that you do not "get" a lot and you simply enjoy arguing anything anyone says so any further attempts at explaining anything or having a constructive, adult conversation will be like spending time with someone that's been at happy hour too long. I'm not up for it..........
    09-18-13 09:33 PM
    Defending what you have said no matter how illogical it is, is impossible to do so with logic. I was not dissecting anything you said. I was opining that your analogy between your beloved Legend and the 9900 being obsolete made no sense and your convoluted response was that my analogy was flawed. I can see from all of your posts that you do not "get" a lot and you simply enjoy arguing anything anyone says so any further attempts at explaining anything or having a constructive, adult conversation will be like spending time with someone that's been at happy hour too long. I'm not up for it..........
    Couldn't be further from the truth. At any rate, you're not the first guy on the internet to resort to ad hominem statements in the absence of the ability to concisely communicate supporting statements for your opinion when presented with a contrary opinion, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    09-18-13 09:56 PM
    People will always defend what they are currently using and what they are invested in...bottom line for me, I love BlackBerry!

09-18-13 10:54 PM
    none of which changes the bold 9900 makes a cool noise when it speed dials, unlike the q10, which the words speed and dial are only used in the same sentence by blackberry and not users. I miss that sound.....
    09-19-13 02:44 PM
    not even close - in my opinion
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 09-19-13 at 10:34 PM.
    09-19-13 07:07 PM
    not even close.
    In your opinion....

09-19-13 07:20 PM
    Hey, if you've got an old bit of kit that does what you want still... kudos to you.

Feelin' the need to upgrade? Ask ureself what ure gettin extra. Not much? Well keep ure Bold! Really! Get another phone when there is something worth getting!
    09-19-13 08:42 PM
    Which lets face it isn't going to be a Blackberry.

They couldn't have made a bigger mess if they had acceded to the demands of EVERY Dolomite nation, and/or shot the Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

Which for the hard of thinking, means the Hapsburg Empire WAS toast, and Research In Motion IS toast.
    09-19-13 08:48 PM
    OH MY GAWD!
    Why can't people like or love what they want and everybody who doesn't agree **** OUT!
    Blogs, Internet, and such allows for too many opinions.
    09-20-13 04:33 PM
    I posted " B U T T " and CB blocks it? Lol
    09-20-13 04:34 PM
    OH MY GAWD!
    Why can't people like or love what they want and everybody who doesn't agree **** OUT!
    Blogs, Internet, and such allows for too many opinions.
    Posts like this ^ always fascinate me...........How many opinions would you like? What's the magic number of opinions before people are required to stay out of the thread?
    09-20-13 05:41 PM
    I'm talking about the people fighting over which is better....for example: I like blah blah blah....someone else says blah blah blah is wrong
    How can anyone be wrong IF it is their opinion? I have NO problem with people saying what they like. I believe people should let it alone from there.
    I like xwy. Someone else says I like LMNOP and doesn't put person down for xwy.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:45 PM
    Again, if it's BlackBerry....I love it!

Posted via BB10
    09-22-13 12:40 AM
    I don't care what people say about the 9900 I love it with all my heart even though I hated this model ..

sent from my Blackberry using my fingers
    09-22-13 10:35 AM
    I too use a 9930 as my business phone. However my personal device is an iPhone. If I am going to give up the keyboard I am also going to insist on a rich Eco system in return.
    You can get bluetooth keyboards for the iPhone; Boxwave and Nuu make some you might look at. These are compromise solutions, of course, but they're compromises I might be able to live with, what with me wanting a physical keyboard on my phones.

As for the question posed by the OP, I have to say that I loves me some 'Berry 9900, and that the Q10 just doesn't seem like much of a replacement for it -- at least to me. When it comes time to buy my next phone I'll likely be looking at one of those keyboards in combination with an iPhone as one possible option.

This disappoints me no end because, as others have said here, the 9900 works exactly the way I need it to. It has my vote as the last great 'Berry.
    09-22-13 01:13 PM
    keeping with the 9900. No trackpad on the Q10........No thanks
    09-29-13 06:43 PM
    Last edited by mjasondavis; 11-17-13 at 09:20 PM.
    Danny Ocean and pallox like this.
    09-29-13 08:34 PM
    For the ones that have moved on to BB10, that doesn't mean the 9900/30 isn't the best BlackBerry to date...and as of right now, it clearly is...will any of the BB10 devices pass it in popularity? Maybe....

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    09-29-13 08:40 PM
113 1234 ...