Hello, my 9790 keeps freezing. It seems that it is always sending and recieving data, even when I do not have any applications running in the background, other than my email. Its doing it more now that i have installed the new OS. Its frustrating, it freezes while I am texting. it takes forever to text and type emails. I would really appreciate some help and insight. I have re-installed the new OS twice. Could Blackberry Protect be the issue? All this sending and recieving of data is killing my battery. It used to lst a full day and now I have to charge 2-3 times a day. Please help.
    08-29-12 11:04 AM
    Welcome to CB,

Turn off Enable compression in Options>device>storage then do a battery pull.

It shouldn't be BB Protect.

Let us know how you get on.
    anon(1341046) and CrazyKenyan like this.
    08-29-12 11:16 AM
    Thank you very much. That worked awesome. Rogers wanted me to send my phone in for repair. What a bunch of knuckle heads.
    08-30-12 08:33 AM
    Thank you very much. That worked awesome. Rogers wanted me to send my phone in for repair. What a bunch of knuckle heads.
    Good, glad that sorted it.
    08-30-12 02:15 PM
    Welcome to CB,

Turn off Enable compression in Options>device>storage then do a battery pull.

It shouldn't be BB Protect.

Let us know how you get on.
    how do you know this is the problem? and why you havent installed the .649 yet?
    08-30-12 02:58 PM
    how do you know this is the problem? and why you havent installed the .649 yet?
    I didn't know. Its the first thing I would have tried. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-611882/

& at the moment .569 is working for me.
    08-30-12 03:12 PM
    I have an update. So I thought the problem was sorted. I having been using the hotspot function all day today and as soon as I stopped the freezing problem came back. I double checked the enable compression is still unchecked. I pulled the battery the battery and it seems to have settled. Is this normal?
    08-30-12 07:10 PM
    Ohh something to add. The battery has stayed warm hours after I stopped using the phone.
    08-30-12 07:11 PM
    Ohh something to add. The battery has stayed warm hours after I stopped using the phone.
    The next thing I'd do is, if you've downloaded some apps lately, delete them and see how it goes. If it behaves normally, re add an app a day & see which app is causing the problem.

If it still is lagging after all that I'd backup the device then update the OS. (It may be easier for you to take it back to the store & let them sort it).

Hotspot does warm the phone up but not hours after use. < For this reason alone I'd take it back.
    08-30-12 07:19 PM
    Thank you very much once again. I will try your suggestions. If nothing changes, I will take it to the store. Unfortunately the only update for the OS is 7.1 and I have that. Its thanks to the new OS that I have a hotspot function. Previously there was none.
    I will keep you posted.
    08-30-12 08:17 PM
    I have a similar problem with my bold 9790. It freezes constantly and I have tried all the methods of repairing it that I have found, (battery pull, update software, delete apps/free up storage, holding alt and typing LGLG) but none of them work. It seems that everytime I put my phone down for more then 2 minutes it freezes and I have to do a battery pull. I've gotten to the point where I have to turn my phone off everytime I finish using it which becomes very annoying because it drains my battery. Any more new ideas to fix it?
    03-26-13 08:25 PM
    Hello, my 9790 keeps freezing. It seems that it is always sending and recieving data, even when I do not have any applications running in the background, other than my email. Its doing it more now that i have installed the new OS. Its frustrating, it freezes while I am texting. it takes forever to text and type emails. I would really appreciate some help and insight. I have re-installed the new OS twice. Could Blackberry Protect be the issue? All this sending and recieving of data is killing my battery. It used to lst a full day and now I have to charge 2-3 times a day. Please help.
    05-05-13 04:48 PM
    I have a similar problem with my bold 9790. It freezes constantly and I have tried all the methods of repairing it that I have found, (battery pull, update software, delete apps/free up storage, holding alt and typing LGLG) but none of them work. It seems that everytime I put my phone down for more then 2 minutes it freezes and I have to do a battery pull. I've gotten to the point where I have to turn my phone off everytime I finish using it which becomes very annoying because it drains my battery. Any more new ideas to fix it?
    This is gonna sound very stupid.

But i had the same problem and this fixed it. There's something wrong with the battery. I couldnt figure out what. Maybe a loose connection.

All I did was fold a bit of paper into a thick paper and kept it in a way as to keep the battery tight. Believe it or not, this worked and I'm getting over 20hrs of usage with the same original battery that came along with the device one year back.

Do try this and let me know if it worked.
    05-15-13 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD